newport coast or coto

socalmd_IHB

Hi,

My wife and I are looking to move within the year and have been trying to decide on where to move to. We live in a 1400sq ft condo in newport coast right now. I've been tracking properties on redfin for awhile and can't quit decide which is the better option.

Basically it's either Belcara in Newport Coast or Coto. Our budget is 1.4-1.7 million. I know we can get more house and land for our money in coto, but I worry that prices will depreciate further. I'm a little more confident that Belcara prices will stay above 1.5 million..but who knows? Anyone familiar with Coto? vs Belcara?

I do not know anything about Belcara, but IMO Coto is depreciating and will continue to depreciate, and I see no reason to think that any area of Southern California will not continue to depreciate.

I'd be inclined to buy nice, but don't think for a minute that Newport isn't going to be effected by what happens next door.

What's wrong with your condo?

[quote author="awgee" date=1212699864]

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Rancho-Santa-Margarita/9-Arbor-Walk-Ln-92688/home/5782896</blockquote>

Hmm... 3858 sq ft house, 5149 sq ft lot, and it has a pool.

Anyone else afraid a wrong step out the back door could result in an unplanned swim?

Disclaimer:

I'm a transplant, still not used to the miniscule lots around here.

Back