newport back bay

edhne

My wife and I considering purchasing a house in the westside of the newport backbay area. My question for people who own/live in that area. How much airplane noise do you actual get? Also, one of the homes is on a major street (Irvine Avenue). How much traffic does that street have?

We just wanted to get the opinion of those who live in the area. TIA!

edhne said:
My wife and I considering purchasing a house in the westside of the newport backbay area. My question for people who own/live in that area. How much airplane noise do you actual get? Also, one of the homes is on a major street (Irvine Avenue). How much traffic does that street have?

We just wanted to get the opinion of those who live in the area. TIA!
Welcome to TI Edhne.  One of my buyers is in the market for a home in the general area.  He has done a lot of research and after going to view several homes, him and his wife has decided to stick to East Bluff over in Newport Beach due to not only the noise of the planes but more importantly the dust & soot left from the planes (prices of the homes over on the Costa Mesa side of the bay are lower due to those facts).

That's interesting. I did not realize there was a sooty residue from the planes. Lived for 2 yrs off of Abbie Way (Irvine/17th) area and did not notice it. Perhaps because the property was farther away from the bay. Irvine Blvd is practically a freeway and any house that buts up against it is really going to suffer on the noise front.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People.

Personally, I find that once I get below about 22nd street, the airplane noise is not bad.  but you should just go and park your car from 5-7pm some evening to hear for yourself.

Agree with SGIP about Irvine.  Unless the house has something to mitigate the noise (wall or tall hedge up front) you will be unhappy.  Also, exiting  your driveway can be "problematic".

Back