Newer Irvine listings with crazy WTF asking prices from equity sellers

I think these people are delusional, but we'll see if there are desperate FCBs. :ROFLMAO:

Made me think of the lyrics to an old 1960's TV show....

They call him Flipper, Flipper, faster than lightning,
No-one you see, is smarter than he...

These FCBs in Irvine may have a lot of Cash, but they sure don't have any brains when it comes to personal finance and investments.
Be careful calling people pinky. These people dont get rich by being stupid. Didnt some people here say not to buy irvine homes 2 years ago when fed was about to raise rates aggressively? We all know how it goes. 😎

Few years from now, they may laugh at you with a question: Who is the pinky and who is the brain now? 🤓

did you mean to say they would have been smarter to invest in RE in Johns Creek?
No that is not what I mean. With interest rates at all time high with real estate prices at all time high, anyone with a half a brain would know that it is not a good time to be buying right now. You don't think that asking for $4.5M for 4/4.5 /3365 sqft in Irvine is delusional?

No that is not what I mean. With interest rates at all time high with real estate prices at all time high, anyone with a half a brain would know that it is not a good time to be buying right now. You don't think that asking for $4.5M for 4/4.5 /3365 sqft in Irvine is delusional?
When you're desperately trying to move your money out of China, ANYTIME is a good time to buy. They just want to park their money somewhere in the US, and needless to say, Irvine is the best place for FCBs to park their money at.

A lot of Youtube RE agents had been pushing Rancho Mission Viejo as the "next Irvine" because they know that FCBs don't know apples from oranges. They just hear "Irvine" and lights go off in their heads.

When you're desperately trying to move your money out of China, ANYTIME is a good time to buy. They just want to park their money somewhere in the US, and needless to say, Irvine is the best place for FCBs to park their money at.

A lot of Youtube RE agents had been pushing Rancho Mission Viejo as the "next Irvine" because they know that FCBs don't know apples from oranges. They just hear "Irvine" and lights go off in their heads.

RMV as the next Irvine??? That's some hardcore stuff realtors are sniffing to even hint about that kind of comparison. RMV is the furthest one can get from employment centers without needing to work in Lake Elsinore. Sure, it's new, and it's nice, but few retail options and a stranglehold of a drive through either Antonio or Ortega Highway adds even more meaning to the term "no-go" for me.

Please share a good example of one of these YT realtor videos as curious minds want to see for themselves. I wonder if the comment sections are full of "nah-ah" or "no way, Jose" kind of responses.

If you live up Ortega Highway that is the only major route in and out of the area. Traffic can be very bad. It's 3:30PM right now and to go from RMV to SJC Metrolink station (3.3 miles) will take 20 mins per Google maps. It's much worse than going from Ladera Ranch to MV Metrolink station via Crown Valley Parkway.

I like SJC and go strawberry picking up Ortega Hwy, the newly developed communities there have nice retail center. But the traffic on Ortega is too much. If you lived in SJC near the train station and work in Irvine, it's a quick 15 min train ride from SJC to Irvine station, or you can take the 73 toll road.

Last edited:
RMV as the next Irvine??? That's some hardcore stuff realtors are sniffing to even hint about that kind of comparison. RMV is the furthest one can get from employment centers without needing to work in Lake Elsinore. Sure, it's new, and it's nice, but few retail options and a stranglehold of a drive through either Antonio or Ortega Highway adds even more meaning to the term "no-go" for me.

Please share a good example of one of these YT realtor videos as curious minds want to see for themselves. I wonder if the comment sections are full of "nah-ah" or "no way, Jose" kind of responses.

Don't forget about the brutal property insurance costs due to extreme high fire zone. I heard the attached condos have HOAs over $800/mo...OUCH!

Is it me or am I condition to seeing Irvine homes, nothing spectacular, is clocking in at 2 Mil.

This is the minimum entrance fee. Huh, where is the crash bros?

I heard the same thing that a lot of agents catering to FCB's on Youtube were calling the Meadows community in Lake Forest the "next Irvine" which is probably why nearly all of the homes in the Meadows sold out fairly quickly. I believe Toll Brothers was offering a good broker co-op also so the agents were probably more motivated to bring their clients to a community/builder that is offering a higher broker co-op than the other builders and some Irvine builders not even offering any broker co-ops! The Meadows is not even close to the "look and feel" of Irvine.

I am not even sure if the broker co-ops by the builders will exist in the future given the recent settlement by the National Association of Realtors which is the "doom" for buyers agents as I don't see any buyer paying a fee to an agent in advance for showing them homes that they could see by themselves and deal with the sellers agent directly unless you are an FCB and need assistance with laundering money from overseas! 🤣

Back