Newer Irvine listings with crazy WTF asking prices from equity sellers

Am I missing something? What justifies the price of this home? It doesn't have amazing views or a huge yard. Why is it priced like $750k over similar homes elsewhere in Irvine?
My comparison was with an Eastwood home like this https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/113-Mangrove-Banks-92620/home/112724489
that sold at $2.14M. This one is a squasi SFR and similar lot size to the IP new construction.

The IP one may get some incentives to the buyer considering it's been on the market for a while.

Last edited:
Am I missing something? What justifies the price of this home? It doesn't have amazing views or a huge yard. Why is it priced like $750k over similar homes elsewhere in Irvine?
I don't know where you get that "$750k over similar homes elsewhere in Irvine" from?

Are you seriously saying that there are ~2400 sq ft SFR homes selling for $1.4M in Irvine? Seriously?

What you are missing is timing. Go back 4 years ago then you’d get $750k less..may be.

What you are missing is timing. Go back 4 years ago then you’d get $750k less..may be.

Nope. There are a few listings in Great Park. Plus several new builds over there around that size and priced well under $2M. Solis park has homes almost 3,000 sq ft for about $1.6M.

Last edited:
Nope. There are a few listings in Great Park. Plus several new builds over there around that size and priced well under $2M.
You cant be seriously comparing 3 story GP condos to SFR can you? One more fact, GP homes tend to be little cheaper than surrounding area because of high mello-roos tax.
Show me the listings to back up your claim.

You cant be seriously comparing 3 story GP condos to SFR can you? One more fact, GP homes tend to be little cheaper than surrounding area because of high mello-roos tax.
Show me the listings to back up your claim.

Yes, I seriously am. They aren't all condos. A SFR is a standalone home with its own 4 walls, no? Here you go.

Yes, I seriously am. They aren't all condos. A SFR is a standalone home with its own 4 walls, no? Here you go.

Lol i rest my case. 😀

I don't know where you get that "$750k over similar homes elsewhere in Irvine" from?

Are you seriously saying that there are ~2400 sq ft SFR homes selling for $1.4M in Irvine? Seriously?
This may be too good to be true... seems too low

Yeah, no. A SFR MUST have a driveway. My Bluffs 2 is called a detached condo because I don't have a driveway.

This may be too good to be true... seems too low
Very small lot, but yes, it does seem to be too good to be true. Maybe it's too good to be true. 😂

Yeah, no. A SFR MUST have a driveway. My Bluffs 2 is called a detached condo because I don't have a driveway.
not really. Your Bluffs2 is legally a detached condo because of common land ownership, in this case the motor court. I've seen some old SFRs in Irvine that do not have driveway but the street they are on is public street so they are not condos.

Back