Newer Irvine listings with crazy WTF asking prices from equity sellers

I think it might be too late. Usually when the price is raised, that?s the current highest offer the seller is accepting to maybe help appraisal. Just waiting for escrow to open for the status to change officially. But Yes if gorams offered 2.45 he would very likely get this house.

Ready2Downsize said:
gorams said:
I hope not, I was thinking 2.45 ought to do it. But I?ve been losing out on listings for 3 months now so clearly I?ve been off

Imagine paying 2.5-3 for a relatively average listing like Slate Gray when model homes 101 Pewter went for 2.2 and 121 Parakeet for 2.675, just a few weeks ago. This is a nightmare :(

Yeah we will be seeing Pumpkin open house too. GLTA

Seller raised Slate Gray to almost $2.4 Million. Maybe that indicates if you come in there you'll get it. Maybe if you ask your realtor to ask the other realtor what do we have to beat? Could work. If that doesn't, maybe try going to open houses and say you have no realtor and see if the realtor at the open house accepts you. Maybe that buys you a little insight into what to offer? Maybe not ethical.

The California Court Company said:
I think it might be too late. Usually when the price is raised, that?s the current highest offer the seller is accepting to maybe help appraisal. Just waiting for escrow to open for the status to change officially. But Yes if gorams offered 2.45 he would very likely get this house.

Ready2Downsize said:
gorams said:
I hope not, I was thinking 2.45 ought to do it. But I?ve been losing out on listings for 3 months now so clearly I?ve been off

Imagine paying 2.5-3 for a relatively average listing like Slate Gray when model homes 101 Pewter went for 2.2 and 121 Parakeet for 2.675, just a few weeks ago. This is a nightmare :(

Seller raised Slate Gray to almost $2.4 Million. Maybe that indicates if you come in there you'll get it. Maybe if you ask your realtor to ask the other realtor what do we have to beat? Could work. If that doesn't, maybe try going to open houses and say you have no realtor and see if the realtor at the open house accepts you. Maybe that buys you a little insight into what to offer? Maybe not ethical.

We are passing on Slate Grey, meantime we are waiting to see the new listing in Stonegate, 64 Carrington. Luckily the buyer on my property has been kind enough to let us stay month to month past the free rent back.

gorams said:

Ready2Downsize said:
gorams said:

We are passing on Slate Grey, meantime we are waiting to see the new listing in Stonegate, 64 Carrington. Luckily the buyer on my property has been kind enough to let us stay month to month past the free rent back.

This house sits at the entrance of the road which residents/guests of 23 houses need to go in and out every day, a very high traffic spot.

coudln't the listing agent use better resolution for the floor plan picture?https://www.villagesofirvine.com/villages-neighborhoods/stonegate/lafayette/residence-2

agreed the location is a little....typical

felixcat said:
gorams said:

Ready2Downsize said:
gorams said:

This house sits at the entrance of the road which residents/guests of 23 houses need to go in and out every day, a very high traffic spot.

coudln't the listing agent use better resolution for the floor plan picture?https://www.villagesofirvine.com/villages-neighborhoods/stonegate/lafayette/residence-2

felixcat said:
gorams said:

Ready2Downsize said:
gorams said:

Some agents are too cheap to pay for quality photography, you'd think it shouldn't be an issue with a $2.5m+ home.  haha

felixcat said:
gorams said:

Ready2Downsize said:
gorams said:

You call this a high traffic area? Lol your house must be somewhere in Shady Canyon. 😀

Wow this OH sold for $400k over LP which is already high @$1.95.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/109-Summerland-92602/home/167379345?600390594=copy_variant&231528114=control&utm_source=ios_share&utm_medium=share&utm_nooverride=1&utm_content=link&utm_campaign=share_sheet

Danimal said:

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/109-Summerland-92602/home/167379345?600390594=copy_variant&231528114=control&utm_source=ios_share&utm_medium=share&utm_nooverride=1&utm_content=link&utm_campaign=share_sheet

Not really. This is Ravello Residence 5, which is going for $2M+. If you consider upgrades (not sure how much was put it) and the fact that it already has landscaping done, it doesn't seem that outrageous.

CalBears96 said:
Danimal said:

Not really. This is Ravello Residence 5, which is going for $2M+. If you consider upgrades (not sure how much was put it) and the fact that it already has landscaping done, it doesn't seem that outrageous.

WRONG. This is no Ravello. It is Tera. We were interested in this tract 2 years ago but backed out because of AAA. They were selling for $1.5

Danimal said:
CalBears96 said:
Danimal said:

WRONG. This is no Ravello. It is Tera. We were interested in this tract 2 years ago but backed out because of AAA. They were selling for $1.5

You're right. It only has 3 baths. But Ravello 5 was selling for $1.3M pre pandemic too. My brother-in-law was going to buy Ravello 5, but my sister tried to low ball them and they finally didn't get it. That was late 2019 or early 2020.

The listing agent updated the pictures for 64 Carrington (and floor plan too). The lot is quite big for a newer home in North Irvine. I guess this may go up to 2.8 to 2.9. Good luck gorams.

USCTrojanCPA said:

felixcat said:
gorams said:

Ready2Downsize said:
gorams said:

Some agents are too cheap to pay for quality photography, you'd think it shouldn't be an issue with a $2.5m+ home.  haha

The listing agent updated the pictures for 64 Carrington (and floor plan too). The lot is quite big for a newer home in North Irvine. I guess this may go up to 2.8 to 2.9. Good luck gorams.

Yard is huge, with no neighbors on the back or on the side.

There is severe lack of inventory as we all know, I wonder what these sellers in today's market plan to do for their next home? Buy outside of CA with the insane amount of money made in a short period?.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
There is severe lack of inventory as we all know, I wonder what these sellers in today's market plan to do for their next home? Buy outside of CA with the insane amount of money made in a short period?.

I'm buying out of state. The people across the street from me, sold their place and they moved to TN.

If you think the money made is insane here, the percent gained where I'm going dwarfs the percent here. People are selling Tay Mo 2000 sq foot houses for $500K they bought for $200K a couple years ago and buying 4000 sq foot Toll Brothers homes with 13K sq foot lots which are now selling for more than a million pre upgrade. They plunked down their small earnest money more than a year ago and watched both their new and current homes go up, up, up. They are moving in with $300-$400K mortgages and low property taxes, HOA and insurance. And they don't make any less salary than here. Yes, it's hot in the summer but new AZ homes are well insulated and their AC bills are way lower than you would think. There is only so much I'm willing to pay sunshine dollars for with a state that cannot seem to know anything other than what else can we tax?

Sure, there is alot made here, but stay here and you'll be plunking it in another high priced home unless u downsize.

Ready2Downsize said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

I'm buying out of state. The people across the street from me, sold their place and they moved to TN.

If you think the money made is insane here, the percent gained where I'm going dwarfs the percent here. People are selling Tay Mo 2000 sq foot houses for $500K they bought for $200K a couple years ago and buying 4000 sq foot Toll Brothers homes with 13K sq foot lots which are now selling for more than a million pre upgrade. They plunked down their small earnest money more than a year ago and watched both their new and current homes go up, up, up. They are moving in with $300-$400K mortgages and low property taxes, HOA and insurance. And they don't make any less salary than here. Yes, it's hot in the summer but new AZ homes are well insulated and their AC bills are way lower than you would think. There is only so much I'm willing to pay sunshine dollars for with a state that cannot seem to know anything other than what else can we tax?

Sure, there is alot made here, but stay here and you'll be plunking it in another high priced home unless u downsize.

Just thinking about those lucky people...... Couple years ago they had a $50K downpayment for a "starter home" in a good area. Today they have $2500/mo PITIA and a million dollar home. Kicking myself for not listening to my kids.

Back