Newer Irvine listings with crazy WTF asking prices from equity sellers

My wife really wants to purchase a property in Eastwood Village.  We tried really hard to purchase the listing 121 Parakeet, it was a beautiful 3,800 sq ft model home by New Home Company but the property ended up going into a bidding war and sold for $2,675,000 according to zillow.

Now my wife and I are looking at 113 Slate Grey, we will go to the open house tomorrow.  My wife says we should consider going all out by offering well above asking, due to the lack of inventory, and now I am kicking myself for not chasing after the 121 Parakeet listing and going $2.7+

It's been really frustrating since we already sold our home in Baker Ranch and our free rent back ends soon.  My wife wants Eastwood because it's closer to the freeway than OH and it's Northwood high school district.  But I am thinking we should give up and look in other neighborhoods?

I get that staging is good and whatnot but does it really matter in this market? You could list a complete tear down and it'll sell appropriately in this market.

gorams said:
My wife really wants to purchase a property in Eastwood Village.  We tried really hard to purchase the listing 121 Parakeet, it was a beautiful 3,800 sq ft model home by New Home Company but the property ended up going into a bidding war and sold for $2,675,000 according to zillow.

Now my wife and I are looking at 113 Slate Grey, we will go to the open house tomorrow.  My wife says we should consider going all out by offering well above asking, due to the lack of inventory, and now I am kicking myself for not chasing after the 121 Parakeet listing and going $2.7+

It's been really frustrating since we already sold our home in Baker Ranch and our free rent back ends soon.  My wife wants Eastwood because it's closer to the freeway than OH and it's Northwood high school district.  But I am thinking we should give up and look in other neighborhoods?

If you really like the home, you should consider making ?escalation clause? offer. 

Irvinehomeseeker said:
gorams said:
Yeah it is pathetic, but that?s the market we are in. Not every home is going to look like 121 Parakeet :( desperate times call for desperate measures?.

113 Slate Grey seller is a lazy or confident of getting a great price, and so no staging! Pics look pathetic. Could also be that occupant is a tenant...so no Staging.

gorams said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
gorams said:
Yeah it is pathetic, but that?s the market we are in. Not every home is going to look like 121 Parakeet :( desperate times call for desperate measures?.

113 Slate Grey seller is a lazy or confident of getting a great price, and so no staging! Pics look pathetic. Could also be that occupant is a tenant...so no Staging.

Who knows, 113 Slate Grey may get bid up to 2.6M after all despite the lack of staging...its closer to the Eastwood Paseo and the neighborhood park. These were the Calistoga homes built by William Lyon, nice high ceilings...the most expensive ones at that time in EW before Beverly & Morro came on

The California Court Company said:
desperate times calling for desperate measure. make a 3 million offer at 113 Slate Grey and it will be yours.
It's a hot home already on Redfin...so yeah 3M is not  out of the ball park now :D It has wood floors, Fancy Bidet...

BTW, 109 Pumpkin in EW looks good as well. Nice size yard.

I hope not, I was thinking 2.45 ought to do it. But I?ve been losing out on listings for 3 months now so clearly I?ve been off

Imagine paying 2.5-3 for a relatively average listing like Slate Gray when model homes 101 Pewter went for 2.2 and 121 Parakeet for 2.675, just a few weeks ago. This is a nightmare :(

Yeah we will be seeing Pumpkin open house too. GLTA

Agreed that the floor plans are better, bigger lots and less cookie cutter feeling in Northwood Pointe, but a family friend who lives there complains of insect issues

Also the wifey wants something built 2015-ish or later :(

I?ve been praying that a Morro property gets listed but no luck so far?

Personally I don?t like homes without a hallway/foyer at the entrance. These homes on New Dawn, you walk in the front door and  you?re in the living room?

New resale listing:

138 Scenic Crest
Irvine, CA 92618

Crown Jewel of Hidden Canyon?

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/138-Scenic-Crst-92603/home/112725389?600390594=copy_variant&231528114=control&utm_source=ios_share&utm_medium=share&utm_nooverride=1&utm_content=link&utm_campaign=share_sheet

gorams said:
I hope not, I was thinking 2.45 ought to do it. But I?ve been losing out on listings for 3 months now so clearly I?ve been off

Imagine paying 2.5-3 for a relatively average listing like Slate Gray when model homes 101 Pewter went for 2.2 and 121 Parakeet for 2.675, just a few weeks ago. This is a nightmare :(

I say if you plan to live in your home for a long time, $50k extra is not a problem. $2.5 will get you the home for sure.  On the plus side, you get to be my neighbor couple of street away 😀

Irvinehomeseeker said:
BlackKnight said:
This one just sold $325k over LP. Must be all cash due to quick escrow.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/110-Lovelace-92620/home/167385353?600390594=copy_variant&231528114=control&utm_source=ios_share&utm_medium=share&utm_nooverride=1&utm_content=link&utm_campaign=share_sheet

If that went close to 2M, this one in EW on the same street is possibly expecting 2.3 M I guess -
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/104-Lovelace-92620/home/167385350

The 104 Lovelace property sold at a great low price of 1,428,050 - This was during the onset of the Pandemic when Solano by KB homes had a hard time selling. If this now resells at 2.3M, that would like 800K in less than 1.5 year.....

Wow, 110 Lovelace with no landscaping, not even knobs on cabinets and closed to nearly 2.1 Million closed, this seller has to be most badass of all.

Danimal said:
gorams said:

If you really like the home, you should consider making ?escalation clause? offer. 

Before they do that, they should check if the listing agent will accept an escalation clause because half the time they don't.

gorams said:

You aren't alone.  Maybe also be open to considering Stonegate.  The more open you are the higher chance of getting a home.

gorams said:

Are you also considering areas South of the 405? Barcelona, Laguna Altura, QH, Turtles?
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/120-Montero-92603/home/169485632https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/149-Linda-Vis-92603/home/169485608https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/52-Umbria-92618/home/45378829https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/19572-Sierra-Soto-Rd-92603/home/4740049https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/24-Trumpet-Vine-92603/home/5901314

Back