Newer Irvine listings with crazy WTF asking prices from equity sellers

Compressed-Village said:
Compressed-Village said:
aquabliss said:
Ready2Downsize said:
Compressed-Village said:
Really???. One picture. I can?t see why it?s worth this much. WTF price???

But maybe it comes with the orange bike.  ;)

For that price it should also include the home next door.

I've been tracking this listing and today complete photos are up. At first glance, the price seem high. When looking closer at 861/sqft compare to the homes in LA and west LA area at 1200/sqft for homes that built in 1920, it seem reasonable for today market. This was a former model homes of Shea.

It will sell for list price. Everytime I think it is too high, price gone higher. What do I know.
https://www.zillow.com/homes/176-Compass-Irvine,-CA-92618_rb/119683206_zpid/

Well, hot diggy dy doggg. I was wrong, this one just drop by 177,000.

Some greedy seller, wake up sooner then other. After two weeks the move down pretty quick and drastic.

But the Zillow estimate for the home is $2.493m....how can that be???

The California Court Company said:
is east of 15 still considered SD? still a nice house by all standards.

Yes, this is still considered San Diego because technically this community is still Rancho Bernardo. I honestly forgot that areas across the 15 were still RB.

sleepy5136 said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
Dang that island is probably close to 12 ft? the fridge and freezer looks so extra. I wonder how much of these upgrades really help boost the sale price of an attached condo. Looks a little awkward tbh for an attached condo to have that kind of fridge.

Imo it is overkill. 36? refrig+36?freezer+36? wine cooler take so much space that the holding shelf protrudes into living room. Island is so long. There is no space for dining table. 😀😀😀
Quartz slabs on the restroom walls are ridiculous.

BlackKnight said:
sleepy5136 said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
Dang that island is probably close to 12 ft? the fridge and freezer looks so extra. I wonder how much of these upgrades really help boost the sale price of an attached condo. Looks a little awkward tbh for an attached condo to have that kind of fridge.

Imo it is overkill. 36? refrig+36?freezer+36? wine cooler take so much space that the holding shelf protrudes into living room. Island is so long. There is no space for dining table. 😀😀😀

It's a hot home on Redfin. Looking at the pics it looks like someone spend their black money (possibly from overseas) to do the upgrades. I am planning to go see in person during Open house as the unit across from my place.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
BlackKnight said:
sleepy5136 said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

It's a hot home on Redfin. Looking at the pics it looks like someone spend their black money (possibly from overseas) to do the upgrades. I am planning to go see in person during Open house as the unit across from my place.

Took a peek at the open house. Upgrades look nice, although  I am not a fan of the tiles throughout in the bathrooms. Seems like an overkill for the small-sized unit. Quite a few visitors.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
BlackKnight said:
sleepy5136 said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

Took a peek at the open house. Upgrades look nice, although  I am not a fan of the tiles throughout in the bathrooms. Seems like an overkill for the small-sized unit. Quite a few visitors.

Yeah, it's definitely over-upgraded for the type of home that it is.  But there are 65 active listings in Irvine right now so I'm sure it'll fly into escrow with multiple offers....maybe it even sells for around $1.5m.  haha

Irvinehomeseeker said:

Tiles throughout in the bathrooms is nice and all, but definitely overkill.  ;D I mean, I could understand doing it in the master bathroom, but not the other bathrooms. This homeowner definitely went crazy with the upgrades.

CalBears96 said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

Tiles throughout in the bathrooms is nice and all, but definitely overkill.  ;D I mean, I could understand doing it in the master bathroom, but not the other bathrooms. This homeowner definitely went crazy with the upgrades.
From what I sensed, this was a rental. So, pretty sure an overseas FCB put all his excess black money into these upgrades!

Irvinehomeseeker said:
CalBears96 said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

From what I sensed, this was a rental. So, pretty sure an overseas FCB put all his excess black money into these upgrades!
They bought it for 762k and spent apparently 250k in upgrades. That?s a whopping 32% of the home are upgrades? and all that to rent it out?!?! Crazy.

sleepy5136 said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
CalBears96 said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

They bought it for 762k and spent apparently 250k in upgrades. That?s a whopping 32% of the home are upgrades? and all that to rent it out?!?! Crazy.

Sellers usually exaggerate the upgrade amounts. I highly doubt that kitchen with Miele appliances is over $75k. Cant see how the rest of the homes is another $175k. I call BS

Back