Newer Irvine listings with crazy WTF asking prices from equity sellers

aquabliss said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
This one is a just a "bit" high for the area....
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/121-Mustang-92602/home/112729597

And the decor isn't going to help trying to get close to $650/sf.

This is some of the ugliest crap I?ve ever seen.  The ugliest furniture, the ugliest curtains, the ugliest rugs, the ugliest decor, the ugliest countertops, the ugliest backsplash, the ugliest outdoor fountain.

I mean if there was an award for ugly...

Check out the living room. Where?s the TV?

Larkfield12 said:
Corte Bella but it is spelled incorrectly in the description; if this gets $1.4M then congratulations to the seller

If they get $1.4m for it, they've found the biggest buyer sucker on the planet. 

Was that a joke?  People in Irvine don't even say hello to each other, let alone have conversations with their neighbors.

daedalus said:
Was that a joke?  People in Irvine don't even say hello to each other, let alone have conversations with their neighbors.

Uhhh, Hello. We say hi and talk all the time. Look at TalkIrvine, there is your proof.

Whick neck of the wood are you from?😀

Compressed-Village said:
daedalus said:

Uhhh, Hello. We say hi and talk all the time. Look at TalkIrvine, there is your proof.

Whick neck of the wood are you from?😀

But of course.  Anonymous online personas are well known to be perfect proxies for real life behavior.  Some of the keyboard commandos on here barely have enough time to hurl insults at each other, what with the multiple arguments they get into with their next door neighbors on a daily basis.  Riiiiiiigghhht.

Is the Chinese money still coming, or not? Deals above asking, all-cash....congratulations to the buyer and the sell yada yada.

We still in a bull market in Irvine?

Halos said:
Is the Chinese money still coming, or not? Deals above asking, all-cash....congratulations to the buyer and the sell yada yada.

We still in a bull market in Irvine?

It is, but at a slower pace.  More and more FCB buyers are using asset based loans where they are putting 50%+ down with a 1 or 3 years adjustable rate loan.  That way they can move the money over and pay off the loan over time.  Market under $800k (low end) is a weak seller's market, $800k to $1.2m (mid market) is neutral, and the high end ($1.3m+) is a buyer's market from what I currently see.

irvinehomeowner said:
Here is another "amazing" Woodbridge price:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/1-Bayside-92614/home/4692563

Can't believe this older 4br/2.5ba home with only flooring upgrades sold for $1.25m. When it listed for $1.299 I thought that was delusional, yet it sold in just over a month.

Irvine is crazy... this is supposed to be a SLOWDOWN!

This home was staged nicely and has a clean and open floorplan to work with. The kitchen is outdated, but there is room to expand such as adding an island or possibly creating a banquet. If they keep the same footprint and the cabinets are paint grade, they could easily update it with new paint, hardware and countertops. In the living room, I would resurface the fireplace with tile or stone and replace the slider with an accordion glass door, then extend the look of the interior flooring to the outside to connect the two areas and create the effect of more living space outdoors. The light fixtures could be replaced with something more modern/contemporary. Since the electrical is already existing, there is no need for permits, just new fixtures and installation. Replacing the fixtures alone would have an immediate effect. The same cosmetic treatments could be applied to the bathrooms on the second floor. There's quite bit of potential here. You could do all that and it would probably still cost less than buying a brand new build with fewer upgrades, a smaller lot, higher HOA and Mello Roos. For someone who doesn't mind having this work done, it's a good option.

USCTrojanCPA said:
This one is a just a "bit" high for the area....
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/121-Mustang-92602/home/112729597

And the decor isn't going to help trying to get close to $650/sf.

I agree, this one is bad. Why are there shelves in the front exterior entryway? Also, they made a mistake by using a different flooring material in the kitchen because it makes the kitchen look smaller. If they had extended the same flooring all the way through, the kitchen would look larger and connected to the rest of the room. The window coverings need to go and someone needs to peel off the stick on roses in the shower. This property would show better if it was empty versus how it looks now.

kbinteriordesign said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Can't believe this older 4br/2.5ba home with only flooring upgrades sold for $1.25m. When it listed for $1.299 I thought that was delusional, yet it sold in just over a month.

This home was staged nicely and has a clean and open floorplan to work with. The kitchen is outdated, but there is room to expand such as adding an island or possibly creating a banquet. If they keep the same footprint and the cabinets are paint grade, they could easily update it with new paint, hardware and countertops. In the living room, I would resurface the fireplace with tile or stone and replace the slider with an accordion glass door, then extend the look of the interior flooring to the outside to connect the two areas and create the effect of more living space outdoors. The light fixtures could be replaced with something more modern/contemporary. Since the electrical is already existing, there is no need for permits, just new fixtures and installation. Replacing the fixtures alone would have an immediate effect. The same cosmetic treatments could be applied to the bathrooms on the second floor. There's quite bit of potential here. You could do all that and it would probably still cost less than buying a brand new build with fewer upgrades, a smaller lot, higher HOA and Mello Roos. For someone who doesn't mind having this work done, it's a good option.

Sure.

But for $1.25m those kitchen and bathroom upgrades should have already been done.

irvinehomeowner said:
kbinteriordesign said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Sure.

But for $1.25m those kitchen and bathroom upgrades should have already been done.

I hear ya. So what would have made this property worth $1.25 million dollars to you? In addition to the improvements listed above and some newer upgrades already included, plus approximately 2,500sf, 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bath, a 5,000sf corner lot, full driveway, no Mello Roos, and $97/monthly HOA with a breakdown of $509 per sf, what else would you have liked to see? I'm genuinely curious to know what buyers are looking for in this market.

Back