Newer Irvine listings with crazy WTF asking prices from equity sellers

I would presume that there will be more photos (and better) coming since the listing is 24 hours old.  What bothers me more is that the agent has listed an incorrect square foot for the house.  I am strongly confident that the home is not 2515 square feet - its not even a corner unit (plan 2x).  Lets argue that it is that size, why would you list the lot size smaller than the house. 

I am seeing that more and more on the listings - incorrect and inconsistent size of homes.

Larkfield52 said:
Lets argue that it is that size, why would you list the lot size smaller than the house.

What are you some sort of square footage expert? How do you know that the livable sqft isn't larger than the lot? You expect real estate agents to know this?!

Cares said:
Larkfield52 said:
Lets argue that it is that size, why would you list the lot size smaller than the house.

What are you some sort of square footage expert? How do you know that the livable sqft isn't larger than the lot? You expect real estate agents to know this?!
yes, they can look it up on records, but alot of them are lazy

(for that property I think it was 2886 sq ft, i just closed out of the screen and too lazy to reopen, lol)

The opposite of priced too high:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Dana-Point/33052-Santiago-Dr-92629/home/4964688

Sold last year for $825K and another $400K this year after updating this dated house.

I see new flooring, stair railing, paint, planter walls (maybe stone over the old ones), new cabinets and appliances in the kitchen, remodeled bathrooms and fireplace. Maybe HVAC and water heater, patching the roof.

$100K? max even paying retail prices is my guess added to this one.

Ready2Downsize said:
The opposite of priced too high:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Dana-Point/33052-Santiago-Dr-92629/home/4964688

Sold last year for $825K and another $400K this year after updating this dated house.

I see new flooring, stair railing, paint, planter walls (maybe stone over the old ones), new cabinets and appliances in the kitchen, remodeled bathrooms and fireplace. Maybe HVAC and water heater, patching the roof.

$100K? max even paying retail prices is my guess added to this one.

That home looks great! But wait, it?s not in Irvine so I?ll pass.

Larkfield52 said:
I would presume that there will be more photos (and better) coming since the listing is 24 hours old.  What bothers me more is that the agent has listed an incorrect square foot for the house.  I am strongly confident that the home is not 2515 square feet - its not even a corner unit (plan 2x).  Lets argue that it is that size, why would you list the lot size smaller than the house. 

I am seeing that more and more on the listings - incorrect and inconsistent size of homes.

I believe many new Irvine homes have smaller lot sizes than the actual interior home square feet.

Kenkoko said:
I don't love the floor color either. The kitchen waterfall counter-top is only done on one side ??

I totally agree with you on the flooring.

And that kitchen looks trendy but it only has two upper cabinets! Not nearly enough cabinets.

Cares said:
Larkfield52 said:

Maybe. I have the same floor plan and thinking about listing my home in the next two years so actually yes - which is why I care.  I know the exact square footage.

USCTrojanCPA said:
So the flipper bought this home for $910k on July 2nd and now wants to get $378k more when they probably only spent less than $100k on upgrades?  Ummmm, there's no comps in old Northwood for a home of this size anywhere close to this asking price...
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/2-Christamon-W-92620/home/4785205

And what's with the fugly wood flooring color?  Couldn't pick something lighter and more modern? haha

Maybe we were all wrong about this house? Redfin just gave it "hot home" status....

Maybe TI gave it too much exposure/traffic?

Back