Newer Irvine listings with crazy WTF asking prices from equity sellers

Burn That Belly said:
Mety said:
Here is the king of SL beating BTB's found, $1126/sq home appreciating $10m in 6 years!!
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/113-Canyon-Crk-92603/home/7202775

A beautiful house though.

I try not to look at these exotic homes beyond the multi-million dollar range. At that point, you?re truly after lifestyle and not ROI.

But then it's all about MAX ROI, isn't it?
This home or land was bought at a price of Barcelona now. Then after 6 years of living in a beautiful lifestyle home with some renovation, he/she looking to make $10m profit.
Talking about right timing at a right location!

aquabliss said:
They mention Canyon Creek halfway down this page:http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,6250.315.html

Someday I hope to live in Shady, just can't save $ any faster than house prices are going up there so will have to rely on lottery or some rich uncle I don't know about.

This house is ridiculous, huge. So how many people do they have to staffs on payroll daily to keep this house looking clean. I guess, super wealthy people see things differently. Good thing there are only a few of them. Otherwise, we will run into more serious labor shortage.

Burn That Belly said:
Mety said:
Burn That Belly said:
Mety said:
Here is the king of SL beating BTB's found, $1126/sq home appreciating $10m in 6 years!!
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/113-Canyon-Crk-92603/home/7202775

A beautiful house though.

I try not to look at these exotic homes beyond the multi-million dollar range. At that point, you?re truly after lifestyle and not ROI.

But then it's all about MAX ROI, isn't it?
This home or land was bought at a price of Barcelona now. Then after 6 years of living in a beautiful lifestyle home with some renovation, he/she looking to make $10m profit.
Talking about right timing at a right location!

Okay indeed that is true. Cannot believe it sold only for $1.6M in 2012.  :eek:

Indeed this home has done five rotations on my ROI meter and twisted the springs.

The $1.6m purchase price was for the land.  You would buy your lot in Shady Canyon and then build your own home.

Kings said:
aquabliss said:

looks like an optical illusion.  if you stare at the center of the roof for 20 seconds and then blink 10 times in rapid succession it looks just fine  :)

Whoa I think you're actually right.  Look at the street view on Redfin and move the view around a bit.  I think the roof on this house is actually straight (ie. horizontally parallel with the ground) but the angle makes it look completely slanted.

I'd consider driving by and checking it out but that side of town is a bit too dangerous for me.

If you can afford $12 million home, I don't think hiring staff is a problem.  But it's interesting that in Asia we'd see maid quarters, but in US it's assumed your household staff will live elsewhere and only comes in for x hours.

US labor law actually exempts OT from live-in domestic service staff, though any hours worked need to be paid for.

Just for giggles, try a comparison ROI on this Turtle Rock home - assumed price in 1971 being $200,000k -  and the equivalent amount of cash put into Berkshire Hathaway back in 1971.

Does Real Estate provide the best ROI in a long term hold? Hmmm.

PS - $200k in 1971 dollars is equal to $1,265,000 in 2018 USD per BLS CPI Calculator.

USCTrojanCPA said:
If you are going to this stupid/dreamer price, please take professional pictures and stage the home...
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/20-Gazebo-92620/home/5958697

If this isn't a seller who's fishing for a sucker, then I don't know what is because this floor plan currently trades in the $1.3s.  But even more funny than that, Redfin estimates that it is worth over $1.8m. haha

LOL! I don't know if dead grass and a broken water fountain are the best first impressions for the property.
And is it just me or should you NOT have tiled counters anywhere for any home > $1.2mil.

Back