Newer Irvine listings with crazy WTF asking prices from equity sellers

Looking through these photos got me nauseous. Ugh! If you have money and no taste please hire a professional. This is perfect exhibit A on this point. Re painting, staging, taking down those gawd awful photos is key to making a sale on this property for even close to what they are asking for it. And please add some backyard photos on this fabulous 12k soft home.
Hope the sellers take those chandeliers with them when moving. It's like the same ugly chandelier picked out in different styles and sizes and thrown into every corner of this house.  :(

BruinDoc said:
nyc to oc said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Wow, this one is just stupid and beyond a waste of time...
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/109-Tranquil-Hts-92618/home/113087430

$868/sf for Hidden Canyon?  Uhhhh no thanks, I'll go to Shady Canyon and Newport Coast for that kind of price tag.

They have some interesting paint and decor choices. One would think that someone who can afford a house like that would hire a professional interior designer.
It goes to show how much of the "wow" factor from Hidden Canyon homes comes from the professional interior design and upgrades of the model homes.
Owners must be Asian-the cheesy blown up wedding glamour shots are a dead giveaway. I always find it creepy when people put up huge glamour shots of themselves all throughout the house.

Interesting?quite a bit of carpet, which is unappealing to most in a house even at a third of this price point. The carpet up the dual staircase is hideous.  Also some of the finishes look expensive, but clash throughout the home. Some of the tile/stone in the bathrooms looks particularly loud to me. I wonder if this was done through the design center or after close? Paint is easy enough, but the other stuff would be prohibitively expensive to alter.  The design center steered these people wrong if they went through them...

East Asians (and others who remove shoes indoors) tend to like carpet in bedrooms and sitting areas in my experience. I was also shocked at how much higher end carpet can cost, easily gets into nicer hardwood/natural stone territory.

I don't think the home is done up too bad - easily salvageable IMO, but like others said the furniture lets it down. Your typical $2mm+ new construction buyer should just hand Restoration Hardware a check and have them furnish and decorate the place - interior design services complimentary as long as you buy everything through them!

freedomcm said:
I'm sorry, but an "estate" is not 6200sf on a quarter acre, with the house exterior 10 feet away from the neighboring 'mansion'

$5m+ getting you a true estate in Shady Canyon with about a 1/2 acre.

USCTrojanCPA said:
freedomcm said:
I'm sorry, but an "estate" is not 6200sf on a quarter acre, with the house exterior 10 feet away from the neighboring 'mansion'

People who can afford multi-million dollar homes these days are usually from Asia(China). They don't usually care about yard. Shady's homes are getting old and floorplans are outdated.

Movingup said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
freedomcm said:

People who can afford multi-million dollar homes these days are usually from Asia(China). They don't usually care about yard. Shady's homes are getting old and floorplans are outdated.

It's not so much about the yard/lot size even as it is about privacy that the folks with that kind of money want.  Shady Canyon has the lowest density of homes compared to any other village by a country mile. 

If I'm punking down $5m+ for a home, it better have an infinity pool with a view lot and no one looking down on me along with a 4-8 car garage. 

Movingup said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
freedomcm said:

Good point.  I think when we talk about " I would rather buy *** than spend money in *** "  the ultimate question is - who are the buyers with $$ today and it is those buyers from Asia.  And they are voting with their feet (and $$) by choosing this new construction community over the supposed value in other older established communities. 

Personally I also think this particular home is over priced and probably sits there for a while.  But, to be fair people have their own reservations about Newport Coast and its lack of accessibility to everyday convenience and community, something which many of the Asian buyers may prize more than that thin silver of an ocean view (but no ocean access). 

SoCal said:
$462,000,000 Quail Hill 1 bed condo
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/40-Dovetail-92603/home/5947636

Going once... going twice... calling all Best & Final offers. Act now!

Seriously, though, how long is it gonna take the agent to figure this out. The listing has been up nearly 24 hours already. I saw it last night and thought it would surely be fixed by morning. I guess he doesn't pay good attention. Weird.

Perhaps seller is hoping to do this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMFJBd40Awo

SoCal said:

Seriously, though, how long is it gonna take the agent to figure this out. The listing has been up nearly 24 hours already. I saw it last night and thought it would surely be fixed by morning. I guess he doesn't pay good attention. Weird.

Whoa!!! Hahahaha. Good find!!! $2.3M/mo estimated mortgage!  ;D  ;D

Prototype said:
SoCal said:

Hey don't laugh!  The Redfin estimate has it at over $482M!!  This looks like a good deal!!

paydawg said:
Prototype said:
SoCal said:

Hey don't laugh!  The Redfin estimate has it at over $482M!!  This looks like a good deal!!

I guess this proves that these real estate website estimates are garbage.  haha

paydawg said:
Prototype said:
SoCal said:

*facepalm

B2FiNiTY said:
Going to be a home home in an hour. So much lower than the redfin estimate!

Oh man, that would be classic.  I hope the realtor doesn't correct the price so we can see if it happens.  haha

paydawg said:
What a scam.  It looks like they just take the asking price and add a % to make it look like a deal.

Back