Newer Irvine listings with crazy WTF asking prices from equity sellers

Bullsback said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Bullsback said:
aquabliss said:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/73-Acorn-Gln-92620/home/106431549

Check out the beautiful back yard with brick floor that "costed" seller over $25k.

Oh ya, it's also "closing" to a community park.
I can't believe some of the statements that got made. That yard couldn't have cost more than 10K (given it is just pavers).  Either way, what is interesting is the price per sq ft isn't horrifically off.  I certainly wouldn't pay anything close to that, but I think it will close within $75K of that price, probably a lot less.  Amazing how little you get for your money these days. 

Might have a tougher time selling than other homes as it sides to Trabuco, but someone will buy it at a lower price.
Didn't realized it backed a street, so yep, that will drop it down a bit already.  Still, I think it goes for at least 1.15M. 

FYI, this is one of few Mulberry home with an actual front lawn. 

eyephone said:
Paris said:
aquabliss said:
Good find Paris.  For some reason when I first viewed that listing I thought "wow it's priced quite well".  Can you imagine if our great grandparents could see us now looking at $5M homes thinking they're well priced.  They'd probably faint.  My how times have changed.

seriously. and not just our grandparents. My relatives and friends in Minnesota, Texas and the MidWest faint from sticker shock when they come to visit me here in the OC. Heck I have a friend in NJ whose parents have a 10,000sqft house on a 1 acre lot that looks like the white house and they could not sell it for $2.5mil. She looked at the $3million Trevis and almost fainted with shock.

She shouldn't be that shocked, NYC real estate ain't cheap either.

My bay area friends always laugh when they visit me and see what the brand new homes cost here in Irvine.

lovingit said:
eyephone said:
Paris said:
aquabliss said:
Good find Paris.  For some reason when I first viewed that listing I thought "wow it's priced quite well".  Can you imagine if our great grandparents could see us now looking at $5M homes thinking they're well priced.  They'd probably faint.  My how times have changed.

seriously. and not just our grandparents. My relatives and friends in Minnesota, Texas and the MidWest faint from sticker shock when they come to visit me here in the OC. Heck I have a friend in NJ whose parents have a 10,000sqft house on a 1 acre lot that looks like the white house and they could not sell it for $2.5mil. She looked at the $3million Trevis and almost fainted with shock.

She shouldn't be that shocked, NYC real estate ain't cheap either.

My bay area friends always laugh when they visit me and see what the brand new homes cost here in Irvine.

Bay area homes aren't that cheap either....

walnut611 said:
lovingit said:

Bay area homes aren't that cheap either....

I think that's what he meant...Irvine prices are chump change compared to bay area, so they laugh at us when we complain...  >:D

Lennar has quite a few of the winners of ugliest exterior awards over at BP. Some of the floorplans are nice, but some of the exteriors are so brutal I'd never buy those particular elevations (and normally I'm the type that is generally doesn't care that much about the exteriors...might prefer one, but it is the lot and floorplan that drives my decision and I typically am less worked up over a particular exterior).

USCTrojanCPA said:
aquabliss said:
paydawg said:
Perspective said:
paydawg said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
A Maricopa Plan 1 for $544/sf?  Oh man, there's a lot of crack smoking going on in that house.  I believe the last Plan 1 that closed was for $1.1m (last year)...
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/33-Lyndhurst-92620/home/40101637

Btw, if you are going to show off a Porsche in the garage please have it be a GT one.  haha

Yeah, but this house as beautiful Akovash wide-planked hardwood flooring with a stone tile herringbone focal point at entry.....just sayin'....

And what's up with those stairs?  Someone was high on something when they chose to do that.  People are going to get dizzy just walking upstairs.

Hah, I kinda like the risers on the stairs, and the railing/balusters. Wonder why no effort's gone into the decent-sized backyard, yet the asking price suggests it should be phenomenal?

Agree on the backyard. 

For the risers on the stairs, they could've stuck to a max of two alternating patterns.  Five is way too much. 

Don't look now but somebody bought it. 

I'm ALMOST in shock....let's see what the closing price is.  My clients live next door in a Plan 2 so if the number is high enough they might want to sell their home and my listing will end up on this thread.  haha

Closed at asking price in 6 days, obviously all cash.  Sellers did well.  Better contact your clients next door ;)

aquabliss said:
Who fat fingered it?  Doesn't Redfin / Zillow etc. get these closing cost numbers from county records?

Yep...it's all through public records.  County, MLS, etc.  It's possible the agent entered in the wrong final sale price on MLS upon close of escrow.

gasman said:
aquabliss said:
Who fat fingered it?  Doesn't Redfin / Zillow etc. get these closing cost numbers from county records?

Yep...it's all through public records.  County, MLS, etc.  It's possible the agent entered in the wrong final sale price on MLS upon close of escrow.

we can all breathe easy. pricing has been updated.

Back