Newer Irvine listings with crazy WTF asking prices from equity sellers

paydawg said:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/28-Long-Fellow-92620/home/12253209

The pics on this house are so dark....I get depressed just looking at them.  :( :'( :-\

Haha, $1.25 M is a seriously WTF asking price!

Also, I have noticed that there are a lot of inflated sq footages being listed for stonetree plan 3. The true sq footage is 2268, not 2429 as I've noticed a bunch of realtors have been posting for the stonetree plan 3s. I should know, I used to have one.

nyc to oc said:
paydawg said:

The pics on this house are so dark....I get depressed just looking at them.  :( :'( :-\

Also, I have noticed that there are a lot of inflated sq footages being listed for stonetree plan 3. The true sq footage is 2268, not 2429 as I've noticed a bunch of realtors have been posting for the stonetree plan 3s. I should know, I used to have one.

And for a $1.25m listing, he's cheep out on hiring a professional photographer, some agent. 

nyc to oc said:

Conservatory perhaps?

gasman said:
nyc to oc said:

Conservatory perhaps?

You mean converted garage like that other thread:)

Seriously. Hire a real professional.  Or literally anyone else. So drab and dreary.

nyc to oc said:
paydawg said:

May be its BOGO deal. Then it won't be WTF.  >:D

It's probably not unique to Stonegate. My ex neighbor relisted their house and it grew by 50 sq feet (after it was already 50 sq foot bigger than the builder's floor plan and another of the same plan that sold within the last year the last time he listed it. I know for a fact he didn't add anything on and there was no option to add anything from the builder.

Maybe not a big deal to the realtor or seller to overstate it, but if the buyer is basing their offer on sq footage, it's another $50K if they were offering $500 per sq foot.

I've seen a certain realtor repeatedly inflate sq footages even though he has the original floorplans on his own website and should easily be able to figure out what they are. He told me.......... "oh, the seller said he thought it was about xxx so that is what I put on the listing" when I asked him about a house we were thinking about buying a few years ago.

Builder and actual dimensions can vary though.  I have multiple appraisals for the same property and they all list larger square footage.  When it's time for me to sell, I use the highest number out of the bunch.

Hoofhearted said:
Do you any of you know if they will ever tidy up the power lines underground?https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/101-Luminous-92603/home/5903031

Those are nothing. Have you seen the massive power lines going through south county like Ladera and Coto? Those are like cancer worthy serious power lines.
I hate visual power lines - aesthetic eye sore and for potential health hazard reasons. Another plus for OH - no visual power lines  ;D

woodburyowner said:
Builder and actual dimensions can vary though.  I have multiple appraisals for the same property and they all list larger square footage.  When it's time for me to sell, I use the highest number out of the bunch.

Inflated square footages only go so far. If someone is buying your home, they will get their own appraisal and if it doesn't agree with your listing, there's a problem when the appraiser decides what appraised value to assign.

My ex neighbor's home closed escrow. If a neighbor wants to sell and lists with the sq footage the builder's floorplan states, they probably will have to accept 45K less because of the previous inflated estimate.

If prices are rising, maybe it doesn't matter but if prices are flat or someone is in a hurry to sell or it becomes a buyer's market those inflated square footage values will only hurt future sales.

Glad I sold when I did. After their house and some rosegate sales with pools, I think I'd have to take at least a 75K hit on my sale.

Then again, maybe I could get by if I inflated my own square footage estimate instead of using the builder's floorplan stated sq footage.

Ready2Downsize said:
I really hope the realtor got the sq footage wrong on this one (like they are way under).
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/9-Plumbago-92620/home/5769900

$551 per sq foot.

Some decent built ins, crown molding thru out but then they have an above ground spa, portable bbq and let their kid keep their "artwork" on the closet while they try to sell their house (photo 34 of 58).

Bet Portola Pkwy adds some background noise to this one too.

This house is in Northwood Point and the girl wrote "University Class of 2019" on her closet?

Time to call the IUSD police for district violation!

aquabliss said:
Ready2Downsize said:
I really hope the realtor got the sq footage wrong on this one (like they are way under).

$551 per sq foot.

Some decent built ins, crown molding thru out but then they have an above ground spa, portable bbq and let their kid keep their "artwork" on the closet while they try to sell their house (photo 34 of 58).

This house is in Northwood Point and the girl wrote "University Class of 2019" on her closet?

Nah, above "University" she spelled out the name of a college in orange crayon that ends in -RN.

Auburn?  it's certainly none of the Ivies.

WTTCHMN said:
aquabliss said:
Ready2Downsize said:

$551 per sq foot.

Nah, above "University" she spelled out the name of a college in orange crayon that ends in -RN.

Nice find!  That means a 19/20 year old is writing that on a closet of her old room when she used to live with her parents (since I can't think of any nearby universities that end in RN).

Weird.

WTTCHMN said:
aquabliss said:
Ready2Downsize said:

$551 per sq foot.

Eastern University?
Southern University?

Back