Newer Irvine listings with crazy WTF asking prices from equity sellers

OC troll said:
nyc to oc said:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/55-Gentry-92620/home/5950631

Asking 130K over sale price from 1 year ago. presumably with no changes/improvements since then, since the realtor has lifted some old photos from the previous listing, and adds in some prime photos of his own of multiple toilets with the seats up and toilet brush in the background. Love it.

Acceptable pricing.

you think so? OK, maybe its just the overall crappiness of the photos then...maybe those sellers should've gone with one of the more established realtors in Woodbury who actually know how to market a property.

But in general, I've been seeing more listings lately where buyers from the last 1-2 years are trying to sell for 200-300K, or even more than they bought for. If that's acceptable pricing without any improvements, then to me that smells like a bubble in the brewing...

Check out this one in Turtle Rock:

Sold for 1.482M in October 2013,
now on the market for 1.88M since March. Simultaneously on the market for rent.
Same photos as from the previous listing.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/15-Rippling-Strm-92603/home/4742605

This trend is not confined to Irvine.

Check out this place in Tustin Ranch:
$1.5M in Sept 2013, asking $1.8 now. no changes. you can tell since the photos from the prior listing are still up.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/2175-Palmer-Pl-92782/home/4758532

Makes me wonder if now is really a good time to buy a house...

aquabliss said:
nyc to oc said:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/55-Gentry-92620/home/5950631

Asking 130K over sale price from 1 year ago. presumably with no changes/improvements since then, since the realtor has lifted some old photos from the previous listing, and adds in some prime photos of his own of multiple toilets with the seats up and toilet brush in the background. Love it.

I don't see what the problem is.  Looks like a $1.3M house to me:
2s65yqo.jpg
That picture was intentional I think.  they wanted to show the bidet/water attachment to the toilet so you know you can wash your b*** after doing No.2 :'(

That bidet attachment makes the bowl opening so small.  And looks like the tubing connecting to the water supply is not steel braided.  And you'll have to remove it before the inspector sees it, none of them are code in CA

ive never used a bidet, it seems like it would get water all over the place? More hassle than its worth? Although a clean but is priceless :)

Irvine Dream said:
That picture was intentional I think.  they wanted to show the bidet/water attachment to the toilet so you know you can wash your b*** after doing No.2 :'(
Trying to tempt ps9 for the week.

qwerty said:
ive never used a bidet, it seems like it would get water all over the place? More hassle than its worth? Although a clean but is priceless :)

It's great for toilets not near faucets.  You can't get 99% clean with a dry rub.  Wetting your TP before wiping is the same concept.  As for messy use?  Make sure your butt is on it before turning it on, simple as that.

FYI, it's not code due to no backflow valve.  That means if your toilet backs up and the 'water' rises it can backflow into the bidet spigot (not much but possible) and contaminate potable water supply.  Even a little bit of poop water is still poop water.

Lol we have the ToTo Toilet/ bidet systems with heated seats, dryer and the whole works - we love them. Now it's hard to go back to a regular toilet.  :)

Paris said:
Lol we have the ToTo Toilet/ bidet systems with heated seats, dryer and the whole works - we love them. Now it's hard to go back to a regular toilet.  :)

Good to know. I am seriously considering installing that into at least two of our bathrooms. I'm 110% interested. But my husband, close to zero. Iirc, I think they said we'd have to run a circuit. But I'm alright with that if the results are worth it. And it sounds like it is. I was sort of concerned about putting one downstairs because I'm not sure how (non-overnight) guests would respond to it. What do you tell a person who is visiting for the first time... give them a tutorial or is there an option to shut it off for them?

irvinehomeowner said:
@ps9:

You are so Euro.

But you're not convincing me to get one of those. I'm okay with 97% clean.

What is it with guys?

Wow, "97%" clean. Hey, that's so clean that you could turn your underwear inside-out and just wear them again the next day.

...Not!

SoCal said:
Paris said:

Good to know. I am seriously considering installing that into at least two of our bathrooms. I'm 110% interested. But my husband, close to zero. Iirc, I think they said we'd have to run a circuit. But I'm alright with that if the results are worth it. And it sounds like it is. I was sort of concerned about putting one downstairs because I'm not sure how (non-overnight) guests would respond to it. What do you tell a person who is visiting for the first time... give them a tutorial or is there an option to shut it off for them?

Oh and SoCal the controller is installed next to the toilet so your guests can choose to use it or not. It's always nice to have the option. Plus it provides heated seats and some also automatically open the toilet seat when you enter into the bathroom. I love ToTo

In my last home I had a couple of these installed.  I don't think any of my guests used it but some had asked about it.
Besides the heated seat, the water is also heated.  However, the dryer part of the bidet is not too effective.  Having ocd, unfortunately, means that being 99% clean is pretty important!

Back