Newer Irvine listings with crazy WTF asking prices from equity sellers

That's the best plan in Laurel... but don't be fooled by the picture, that's actually the back of the home. These are back garage type homes with the entrance in the front off of a paseo.

That one is unique in that tract as it's one of the few that have a driveway because most of those plans are just alley/motorcourts.

$1m+ for a detached condo is becoming the norm in Irvine (when I was looking at these, they were mid $750k about 5 years ago).

aquabliss said:
Canopy has been listed for 101 days and no price reduction.  Stubborn sellers.
There's a lot of those sellers out there...they still think it's 2013 for some reason.  haha

aquabliss said:
Since you would have made over $500k on it, you would have to pay income tax on the gains (over $500k).  That is one problem you certainly do not want to have.  Consider yourself lucky.

There are ways around that... ;)

Renovation costs offset the gains, so yard work, upgrades, improvements, etc., which were not listed on the original builder's sales sheet all count as deductions on the gains balance.

bones said:
Want something no one else has in cookie cutter north irvine?  Here's your chance! 
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/25-Shaman-92618/home/7204580

"This ?One and Only? home in ALL of Irvine is situated on a Single-Loaded Cul-de-Sac Street LOT PREMIUM with a 3-Car Garage, Over-Sized Driveway, and Front Courtyard! "

How do realtors get away with making such broad absolute statements?  Highly doubt the realtor knows every single house in Irvine. 

rkp said:
bones said:
Want something no one else has in cookie cutter north irvine?  Here's your chance! 

"This ?One and Only? home in ALL of Irvine is situated on a Single-Loaded Cul-de-Sac Street LOT PREMIUM with a 3-Car Garage, Over-Sized Driveway, and Front Courtyard! "

How do realtors get away with making such broad absolute statements?  Highly doubt the realtor knows every single house in Irvine.

I rarely pay attention to descriptions. What I pay attention are photos or lack of photos.

gasman said:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/52-Peacevine-92618/home/55184229

Lambert Ranch going nuts.  $603/sf.

The two recent comps in the area sold for $490/sf, and $499/sf respectively.

They're probably not going to get that price. Even though the current Redfin listing indicates 20 days, the home was actually originally for sale for the same price starting on 4/19/2014 and was listed for 113 days before being taken off the market. They re-listed again on 1/13/15 at the exact same price as before.

rkp said:
bones said:

because this is one of the only three model homes ever built by Pardee homes in Irvine in 2008, then Pardee sold the empty lots to Taylor Morrison when market crashed, so three model homes happened to be custom homes so to speak. This is one of them.

monekoko said:
rkp said:
bones said:

because this is one of the only three model homes ever built by Pardee homes in Irvine in 2008, then Pardee sold the empty lots to Taylor Morrison when market crashed, so three model homes happened to be custom homes so to speak. This is one of them.

But that isnt what they are advertising as making it one of a kind.  They are saying its exclusive because of the "Single-Loaded Cul-de-Sac Street LOT PREMIUM with a 3-Car Garage, Over-Sized Driveway, and Front Courtyard!"

That is total BS.  I am not a realtor and I know its BS because a house that matches that sold just a couple months ago in our hood:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/20-Bungalow-92620/home/5950553

single loaded CDS - check
lot premium - marketing BS so anyone can check this
3 car garage - check
oversized driveway - check
front courtyard - check

The Shaman house is very nice but its not unique because of the elements they noted.  It might be unique for other reasons but those reasons don't matter to a typical Irvine buyer.  Really which type of buyer cares that pardee stopped building?  If they care about that, then they will love my house.  It is extremely unique cause I am yet to fix the hole in the wall from my kids banging the door repeatedly after removing the stopper.  Its really one of a kind and must see.

This house is not a one and only.  There is nothing so amazingly unique that it commands a premium for rarity.

monekoko said:
rkp said:
bones said:

Look like a 3 car TANDEM garage, of which the 3rd car won't fit due to garage closet placement.

rkp said:
monekoko said:
rkp said:
bones said:

But that isnt what they are advertising as making it one of a kind.  They are saying its exclusive because of the "Single-Loaded Cul-de-Sac Street LOT PREMIUM with a 3-Car Garage, Over-Sized Driveway, and Front Courtyard!"

That is total BS.  I am not a realtor and I know its BS because a house that matches that sold just a couple months ago in our hood:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/20-Bungalow-92620/home/5950553

single loaded CDS - check
lot premium - marketing BS so anyone can check this
3 car garage - check
oversized driveway - check
front courtyard - check

The Shaman house is very nice but its not unique because of the elements they noted.  It might be unique for other reasons but those reasons don't matter to a typical Irvine buyer.  Really which type of buyer cares that pardee stopped building?  If they care about that, then they will love my house.  It is extremely unique cause I am yet to fix the hole in the wall from my kids banging the door repeatedly after removing the stopper.  Its really one of a kind and must see.

This house is not a one and only.  There is nothing so amazingly unique that it commands a premium for rarity.

I'm with the other dude, I read it as this is a one and only home bc this floorplan/exterior exists in only one home in all of irvine due to the defunct Prado project. Then it just goes on to say where it is situated... the single loaded street, etc, etc.

bones said:
I'm with the other dude, I read it as this is a one and only home bc this floorplan/exterior exists in only one home in all of irvine due to the defunct Prado project. Then it just goes on to say where it is situated... the single loaded street, etc, etc.

read it again and i think you guys are right.  doh what a wasted rant :) 

That's
rkp said:
bones said:

read it again and i think you guys are right.  doh what a wasted rant :) 

Half of TI is wasted rant :)

Back