Newer Irvine listings with crazy WTF asking prices from equity sellers

At least drop a Baby Ruth in each bathrooms bowl. Make sure to hide the wrappers properly.

Sorry to post on topic, but I overheard the following conversation while walking through the stonegate models last week.

Ponzi 1: Hey, long time no see.  You looking to buy one of these?
Ponzi 2: Nah, just scoping out the competition.  Our house was on the market for a while, but you just can't compete when [the Irvine company] is selling these way under market.
Ponzi 1: Same here.  Guess we'll try again later this year.

Seems to me like the owners of the type of houses many of us are actually looking for (4br/3ba) are still totally convinced that their houses are worth 2006 prices.  Since they aren't going to be as squeezed for space as those of us looking to get into something bigger, they can just remain blissfully ignorant and wait for a sucker to come along and buy their house for way too much.  In the meantime, the rest of us end up scrambling for the few that come to market at reasonable prices, or contemplating living by a landfill and freeway.  This sucks.

uciguy said:
Sorry to post on topic, but I overheard the following conversation while walking through the stonegate models last week.

Ponzi 2: Nah, just scoping out the competition.  Our house was on the market for a while, but you just can't compete when [the Irvine company] is selling these way under market.

Seems to me like the owners of the type of houses many of us are actually looking for (4br/3ba) are still totally convinced that their houses are worth 2006 prices.  Since they aren't going to be as squeezed for space as those of us looking to get into something bigger, they can just remain blissfully ignorant and wait for a sucker to come along and buy their house for way too much.  In the meantime, the rest of us end up scrambling for the few that come to market at reasonable prices, or contemplating living by a landfill and freeway.  This sucks.
Under market?  haha  Not after you add in upgrades and landscaping.  Those Stonegate homes are priced for perfection. 

uciguy said:

I love it when people say "market value".  If TIC thought they could get more, they'd charge more.  In fact,  does anyone know if the subsequent phases of the Stonegate went up in price?  Apples to Apples maybe not available I know, since I heard they had some forced upgrades.

irvinehomeowner said:
I think ps9 in his Maricopa/LV thread said Maricopa went up $700. LV went up $10k from Phase 1 to Phase 3.

The LV increase isn't too surprising, I think as you go east in that development the prices will go up...Phase 1/2 are the "worst" lots.

shadax said:
In fact,  does anyone know if the subsequent phases of the Stonegate went up in price?  Apples to Apples maybe not available I know, since I heard they had some forced upgrades.

the base price of san mateo from phase 1 to 3 went up $1000... $500 each phase... but you are correct all of them had upgrades picked out.

akim997 said:
Torrey Pines part II?
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/28-Secret-Gdn-92620/home/5931498

Nicely appointed house in Camelia...  they will definitely try to leverage off the $865K sale price of Torrey Pine to gouge a buyer on this property...  $367 per foot....  The housing market in Irvine is ???

I took a look at this property the other day and it's a far cry from the Torrey Pine property.  The selling agents like to say that it's upgraded, but with different type of upgrades vs. the Torrey Pine property.  This property definitely doesn't have any builder done upgrades.  The travertine installation looks very poor and the paint job is terrible (take a look at the edges).  Also, the bathrooms and laundry room have vinyl flooring!  Countertops are cultured marble or ceramic tiles (except for the basic color granite in kitchen).  I guess the most annoying thing about this property is that the downstairs room is actually a den/office.  There is no door!  I'm not sure how you would install a door since the hallway has a curved ceiling.  I'd be shocked if someone buys this property for the asking price of $849k.

woodburyowner said:
akim997 said:
Torrey Pines part II?

Nicely appointed house in Camelia...  they will definitely try to leverage off the $865K sale price of Torrey Pine to gouge a buyer on this property...  $367 per foot....  The housing market in Irvine is ???

I took a look at this property the other day and it's a far cry from the Torrey Pine property.... I'd be shocked if someone buys this property for the asking price of $849k.

Don't you know Irvine is the Land of FCBs! This property will be sold sold by Easter  ;)

What is up with Tri-Star Realty and Carl Wuestehube?  Seem like he's a paid-for proxy MLS lister?  It's like a FSBO but on MLS?  Wouldn't that be somewhat against the rules to be on MLS as an agent representing a property, but then have no fiduciary responsibilities on representation?  Seems like I see his name quite often with WTF asking prices.  I guess the homeowners are setting these WTF prices without a realtor to put a reality check in them...

woodburyowner said:
akim997 said:
Torrey Pines part II?

I took a look at this property the other day and it's a far cry from the Torrey Pine property.  The selling agents like to say that it's upgraded, but with different type of upgrades vs. the Torrey Pine property.  This property definitely doesn't have any builder done upgrades.  The travertine installation looks very poor and the paint job is terrible (take a look at the edges).  Also, the bathrooms and laundry room have vinyl flooring!  Countertops are cultured marble or ceramic tiles (except for the basic color granite in kitchen).  I guess the most annoying thing about this property is that the downstairs room is actually a den/office.  There is no door!  I'm not sure how you would install a door since the hallway has a curved ceiling.  I'd be shocked if someone buys this property for the asking price of $849k.

I have to agree with you there. 

28 Secret Garden has been delisted.  Guess the recent closed sales and pending short sale scared off the seller.  I would say the property is worth about $800k.

woodburyowner said:
I would say the property is worth about $800k.

Based on what? Local rents and median salaries? It's actually worth a lot less. I'm not surprised they delisted it.

saw this, too..and agree..must be the worst remodel I've ever seen. They've removed the graceful arches in the hallways and turned them into low square ones, moved all the electrical outlets to the hideous floorboards, closed off the wall between the living and dining, making both spaces seem smaller and darker, removed the fireplace in the family room, ..flooring is odd, the sink in the powder room odder. i wonder about the quality of the remodel, too..seems sloppy...and worry about the integrity of the walls / house given what they've done..

the lot is very nice, though.

shokunin said:
On the flip side, this house http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/23-Woodhaven-Ln-92620/home/4790132 was sooo oddly remodeled, that the wife and I *HAD* to see the open house yesterday.

Redfin had the prior listing when owners bought still available (click on the price/listing history area) and the house used to look quite normal with nicely painted walls, carpet, fireplace and all...

The realtor tried her best to convince us that the floors were very expensive european hardwood.  Uhh.. but she couldn't explain why they painted it white and then rustic sanded it.  Then the entire house had every single electrical outlet moved to the baseboards.  But the baseboards weren't nice baseboards, since 7-8" baseboards are hard to come by.  Instead whoever installed the baseboards simply cut and painted strips of MDF and as needed and of course, had to cut out holes for the newly placed electrical outlets. 

Positive points, had a 3WCG and huge (relatively) lot.  Way overpriced in my opinion.

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/65-Winding-Way-92620/home/5959025

W12057151_15_0.jpg

1.3 million, maybe it's one of those IHS baby houses

W12057151_33_0.jpg

do we really need this pic?  at least keep the lid down! Is the pee catcher included in the 1.3 mil?

I would be ashamed to live next to a neighbor like this one. $1.3 m and $100k of decoration got them this. I checked out the other photos. The rooms and towels everywhere look like a refugee camp or the towels remind me another .............. nevermind. Get rid of the extra refrigerators in the garage and in the yard.
ps9 said:
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/65-Winding-Way-92620/home/5959025

W12057151_15_0.jpg

1.3 million, maybe it's one of those IHS baby houses

W12057151_33_0.jpg

do we really need this pic?  at least keep the lid down! Is the pee catcher included in the 1.3 mil?

Back