Newer Irvine listings with crazy WTF asking prices from equity sellers

TestingIrvine said:
sleepy5136 said:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/356-Novel-92618/home/173025239?1280460695=variant&600390594=copy_variant&231528114=control&1077477207=variant&utm_source=ios_share&utm_medium=share&utm_nooverride=1&utm_content=link&utm_campaign=share_sheet

Is this a joke? The previous owner was raising the price since 9/2020 and unloaded it for 808k and now it?s worth 1.4m? People weren?t interested from 9/2020 until January of this year. Can someone explain this?

It?s going to sell at list price or more.  $510 PSF is a steal  LOL
1.4m with a 1.8-1.9% tax that has no expiration set with max increase by default at 2% + HOA while being shoved in like sardines + no driveway + tiny yard is a steal?

3 words. No thank you.

This is why:

The Fed's idea of confronting high inflation is to take the size of their balance sheet to $9 Trillion from about $8.5 Trillion today and by summer when the taper is done, still have rates at zero.

Some sellers are only listing to test how crazy the market is, at least that's what I think with this listing unless they really think the condo is worth $1.4m but then they have no sense of reality.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
sleepy5136 said:
TestingIrvine said:
sleepy5136 said:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/356-Novel-92618/home/173025239?1280460695

Is this a joke? The previous owner was raising the price since 9/2020 and unloaded it for 808k and now it?s worth 1.4m? People weren?t interested from 9/2020 until January of this year. Can someone explain this?

It?s going to sell at list price or more.  $510 PSF is a steal  LOL
forreal? So no one and their mother was interested in it for 4 months (September 2020 - January 2021) and now you're telling me this can sell for almost double the price in a span of 8 months?

I thought people didn't like tri-story homes, but this market is different and so may sell soon! The house looks nice from the outside and modern inside.

I am just wondering if the increase in rates lately will have any impact on this Irvine RE market.

Maybe but the Chinese can come back here on the 8th. We'll see what happens if they can get their ATM machine working again.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Some sellers are only listing to test how crazy the market is, at least that's what I think with this listing unless they really think the condo is worth $1.4m but then they have no sense of reality.

Delano sold for $1.3M high $500psf rate.
This is a bigger home (low $500psf rate).

4 bedrooms sell at a massive premium even if they are attached condos. This is the reality of Irvine.

Those two kid families need that office / 4th room to work out of.

TestingIrvine said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

4 bedrooms sell at a massive premium even if they are attached condos. This is the reality of Irvine.

Well let's see....Delano is a 2-level condo with the living area on the ground floor with a side yard and relatively low Mello Roos.  The Novel Park condo is 3-levels with no yard and very high Mello Roos.  It's an apples to oranges comparison.

USCTrojanCPA said:
TestingIrvine said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Well let's see....Delano is a 2-level condo with the living area on the ground floor with a side yard and relatively low Mello Roos.  The Novel Park condo is 3-levels with no yard and very high Mello Roos.  It's an apples to oranges comparison.

A 4bed home 2,200sqft home less than $1.4M is really hard to find.  This home will sell at list price.

Any 4bed home less than $1.2M is hard to find.

TestingIrvine said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
TestingIrvine said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

A 4bed home 2,200sqft home less than $1.4M is really hard to find.  This home will sell at list price.

Buyers are getting really desperate now.

The FED exasperated 10X with their policies.

Compressed-Village said:
TestingIrvine said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
TestingIrvine said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Buyers are getting really desperate now.

The FED exasperated 10X with their policies.

+100

Irvine home prices were flattish to declining before this madness began.  It will be interesting to see how the taper affects Irvine prices going forward.

TestingIrvine said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
TestingIrvine said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

When you say it like that, you are completely ignoring the mello roos difference. You do know the mello roos difference between GP and Eastwood is 6k more each year right? Sure, the FED might have left interest rates low, but it doesn't ignore the fact that the mello roos in GP is significantly higher than all areas of Irvine. Not to mention there is no expiration date for it either.

TestingIrvine said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
TestingIrvine said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Let's make a friendly wager.  If it sells for $1.4m or more you win and if it sells for below $1.4m I win.  The bet is $100 paid by the loser to the winner's choice of charity.

USCTrojanCPA said:
TestingIrvine said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
TestingIrvine said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Let's make a friendly wager.  If it sells for $1.4m or more you win and if it sells for below $1.4m I win.  The bet is $100 paid by the loser to the winner's choice of charity.

Ready2Downsize said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
TestingIrvine said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
TestingIrvine said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

This one is going for more than $1.4 million. Older TR but mello must be just about up and low HOA (no pool, no gate but a pool in the backyard).
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/13192-Cortina-92782/home/4755024

I like this location. Although it's back to Tustin Ranch equivalent to Jamboree - high noise and dusty, it is very convenient to freeway access and shops.

USCTrojanCPA said:
sleepy5136 said:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/140-San-Benito-92603/home/176995325

Is there a reason that I?m not aware of to justify this detached condo to be worth 1k+ sqft?

Because South of the 405???

But still...2M or 1000$/sqt for a 3 BDR detached condo?  I can understand the proximity to The Spectrum...not so sure about being zoned to Uni High being such big thing. All almost 2M for a detached condo with no driveway seems like lot. But then buyers from Northern CA have deep pockets and with stock market beating records each day, it may also sell soon!

Irvinehomeseeker said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
sleepy5136 said:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/140-San-Benito-92603/home/176995325

Is there a reason that I?m not aware of to justify this detached condo to be worth 1k+ sqft?

Because South of the 405???

But still...2M or 1000$/sqt for a 3 BDR detached condo?  I can understand the proximity to The Spectrum...not so sure about being zoned to Uni High being such big thing. All almost 2M for a detached condo with no driveway seems like lot. But then buyers from Northern CA have deep pockets and with stock market beating records each day, it may also sell soon!

Yeah, $1000/sf is crazy for that 3bd detached condo.

Back