New words from Gary Watts

[quote author="tmare" date=1237942103]I'd like to know how you know for certain that it is him, I believe you, I am just wondering. I would also like someone at the Register to do a story on this, that would be so much fun! Maybe they should interview him again :wow:</blockquote>

Let's just say... that public records are a wonderful thing. That, and what is the likelihood that <em>the</em> Gary Watts would be the <a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Coto-De-Caza/21-Apache-Dr-92679/home/5022046">listing agent on his own home?</a> If it sells for the price shown on Redfin, then a 22% loss is in the bag.

Motherf8&ker;... "Conditions: Short Sale/Subject to Lender Approval". That dirt bag should be required to bring the $100k to the table that he would need to close this thing. Mmmm... I'm tempted to call the lender to let them know this house is not owner-occupied and shouldn't qualify for a short sale. He is the last person in the world that deserves TARP money. Gary Watts has now risen to the top of my "people I will kick in the nuts if I ever see them" list.

[quote author="graphrix" date=1237962463][quote author="tmare" date=1237942103]I'd like to know how you know for certain that it is him, I believe you, I am just wondering. I would also like someone at the Register to do a story on this, that would be so much fun! Maybe they should interview him again :wow:</blockquote>

Let's just say... that public records are a wonderful thing. That, and what is the likelihood that <em>the</em> Gary Watts would be the <a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Coto-De-Caza/21-Apache-Dr-92679/home/5022046">listing agent on his own home?</a> If it sells for the price shown on Redfin, then a 22% loss is in the bag.

</blockquote>

Help some of us less savvy folks here out.... Are you saying that this is Gary Watts' house? Or not his house? Someone is living in it, that's for sure.

Regardless of who is living there, the redfin description on it is classically hilarious. "<strong><em>This property will take your breath away!</em></strong>". Why? What is breath taking here in this charmless stucco box? Is it the dying 10 foot square patch of lawn in the back next to the fading Sears Roebuck patio furniture? The cluttered interior design from the Clinton era? The mismatched kitchen appliances? The bland Home Depot cabinets and fittings? The dirty clothes hamper and WalMart boombox artfully displayed in the den? What exactly is supposed to take my breath away?

Maybe it smells like cat pee when you walk in? That would take my breath away.

He owns it, but he doesn't live in it. It was an investment property, because in 2006 15% was in the bag. Supposedly, banks are not approving short sales for investment properties, or use TARP money for people who do not live in the home. Since Countrywide/BofA has received TARP money, then he should have to come up with the cash and not bilk BofA and taxpayers out of $100k. He should be hung by his balls.

These "second homes at da river" are all gravesites waiting to be filled with the bodies of thier owners.

There isn't any action out there for any properties at any price from what I hear. The bank is getting this one back.

I have one thing to say.... dirty rat bastard!! OK, two things to say... no way in hell should this guy get off the hook with a short sale.

[quote author="tmare" date=1237942103]I'd like to know how you know for certain that it is him, I believe you, I am just wondering. I would also like someone at the Register to do a story on this, that would be so much fun! Maybe they should interview him again :wow:</blockquote>

<em>*Paging Erika Chavez*</em>

That's it! I am sending this email to my congressman (<a href="http://www.royce.house.gov/">Ed Royce</a>), Gary's congressman (<a href="http://garymiller.house.gov/">Gary Miller</a>), and for sh*ts and giggles, I will send it to Nancy Pelosi, Chris Dodd, Barnyard Fife, er I mean Barney Frank, and Chuck Schumer. I will also send it to Erika Chavez and Matt Padilla at the OCR.

Subject: For a fact: I am seeing TARP money going to those who do not deserve it

To whom it may concern,

It has come to my attention that the owner of 21 Apache, Rancho Santa Margarita, 92679 has received a notice of default from Countrywide (AKA Bank of America, a TARP recipient). This property is currently in escrow as a "short sale". The price on the listing is $599,900, and if sold at that price would require approximately $100,000 of taxpayer/TARP money to cover the amount of liens on the property, when the non-occupying owner should be responsible for this share in the loss, and not the taxpayer.

Gary Watts, the owner of 21 Apache is also owner of XXXXX Vista Del Lago, Mission Viejo, CA 92691 (his primary residence), and several other properties in Orange County California. He has been one of the worst real estate agents (Realtors), in his "predictions" of the local housing market. He claims to have called the housing bust in the early 90s, but it has only been hearsay... claiming they were there to witness his great prognostication in that time. However, it is on record that he missed the current bust <a href="http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/money/abox/article_891975.php">http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/money/abox/article_891975.php</a> I have several more articles I can reference showing how incredibly wrong he was, and how he would have helped perpetuate this economic crisis, by making people believe in his lack of fundamental economics. TARP money is not supposed to be used to help non-owner occupied residences, and it is especially not to be used to help people who perpetuated the problem and drank their own Kool-Aid. He should be foreclosed on, and no TARP money should be used to subsidize this person.

This also proves that more accountability and regulation is needed for those involved in real estate transactions. Can you imagine if a stock broker at Morgan Stanley said, "15% appreciation is in the bag"? This is the greatest investment most people ever make, and you have people like this who claim, unprecedented returns compared to history... if he was a stock broker, then he would be in jail for the claims he has made. He should be in jail, and he should be made an example of what a fraud he truly is.

I look forward to your immediate attention and action on this matter, as this is a fraud to TARP, congress, and the taxpayer.

Crackercakes

[quote author="graphrix" date=1237935084]That is <em>the</em> Gary Watts.

Ouch! That is what you get for getting high off your own supply, and buying a home in 2005 with only 10% down. Now instead of Kool-Aid, you just are underwater. I wonder if that is an option ARM. Oh this is ironic.</blockquote>

It's definitely a negam loan that had a very low teaser rate.

[quote author="tmare" date=1237999756]Graph-send it to the Register and the Times also.</blockquote>
Yeah Graph, send it to the local papers....oh how funny would it be if they ran a story on the situation and crackercakes would be the secret informant.

This is the best thread today!!! I love this stuff

<a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Coto-De-Caza/21-Apache-Dr-92679/home/5022046">For your viewing pleasure...Gary Watts' Titanic</a>

[quote author="Daedalus" date=1238029455]I don't see where it says short sale. Was the listing changed? It says accepting backup offers.</blockquote>

Yeah I believe yesterday the first words in the description were "approved short sale" or something like that

[quote author="24inIrvine" date=1238030563][quote author="Daedalus" date=1238029455]I don't see where it says short sale. Was the listing changed? It says accepting backup offers.</blockquote>

Yeah I believe yesterday the first words in the description were "approved short sale" or something like that</blockquote>

I wonder why the description was changed? It is still flagged as a short sale by Redfin, (see the upper right side of the page).

There are eyes and ears everywhere, I wouldn't be at all surprised if someone related to this situation saw this blog and decided to quickly get the words "short sale" off. I was very surprised at the spike in interest from many different parties just after I posted a bank owned house on this forum a while back. Some of us get the impression we are just talking amongst ourselves, but that really isn't the case.

It seems that Gary must be reading IHB, or someone gave him the heads up. It still shows as a short sale in the "Listing Information" section on Redfin.

<em>* Conditions: Short Sale/Subject to Lender Approval

* Listing Price Excludes: <strong>Tenants Furnishings</strong></em>

I put that last part in bold, because it serves as further proof that this is indeed an investment property for Gary, and shouldn't qualify for a short sale.

I emailed a few of the politicians, but still have a few more to go. Gary Miller doesn't want to be contacted by email unless you are from his district. So... not sure if I am willing to waste ink and paper on it or not. I also emailed Matt Padilla and Erika Chavez over at the Register. I told them to not let this story slip through the cracks, and I will be sending the Times an email tomorrow.

Any other suggestions on how we can expose this giant douchebag for what he is? Anyone else willing to take the time to email their congressman/woman?

[quote author="graphrix" date=1238044587]It seems that Gary must be reading IHB, or someone gave him the heads up. It still shows as a short sale in the "Listing Information" section on Redfin.

I put that last part in bold, because it serves as further proof that this is indeed an investment property for Gary, and shouldn't qualify for a short sale.

I emailed a few of the politicians, but still have a few more to go. Gary Miller doesn't want to be contacted by email unless you are from his district. So... not sure if I am willing to waste ink and paper on it or not. I also emailed Matt Padilla and Erika Chavez over at the Register. I told them to not let this story slip through the cracks, and I will be sending the Times an email tomorrow.

Any other suggestions on how we can expose this giant douchebag for what he is? Anyone else willing to take the time to email their congressman/woman?</blockquote>

Go get 'em Graph!

[quote author="graphrix" date=1238044587]It seems that Gary must be reading IHB, or someone gave him the heads up. It still shows as a short sale in the "Listing Information" section on Redfin.

Any other suggestions on how we can expose this giant douchebag for what he is? Anyone else willing to take the time to email their congressman/woman?</blockquote>

Remind me never to get on your bad side

Graph

Dont waste any time on Congressman Gary Miller.

He has his own issues with the FBI and the IRS over his personal Real Estate deals.

How the heck a guy from Diamond Bar is the Congressman for RSM and Mission Viejo.

Go Figure. Look at the map of his district. Really strange map

<a href="http://garymiller.house.gov/District/">http://garymiller.house.gov/District/</a>

<a href="http://www.citizensforethics.org/node/19011">http://www.citizensforethics.org/node/19011</a>

Back