New to this blog

<p>Welcome,</p>

<p>???</p>

<p>One of the big boys?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Bob - I'm going to start with the obvious question - and move on to a few more. How are things at work these days? Are they slower than, say, May? What do you see as your bank's and industry's primary challenges over the next 30/60/90 days? For those of us interested in purchasing homes in the next year to three years, do you have any suggestions or advice?</p>

<p>I am extrememly busy, my phone will not stop ringing. Hard to say what the biggest challenge is right now, I've never seen the collapse of the secondary market before, I don't think anyone has. I have not talked to anyone who has a clear picture of the days ahead, I think OC and LA will fare better then the IE. The best anyone can do right now is take one day at a time.</p>

Tell us about DSL. Is it a federal reserve member bank? If not, where does DSL get it's funding? Is funding consistent? How are spreads? How much of DSL's earnings are receivables due to unpaid interest on option ARMs?<p>

And welcome.

BTW Bob - Just to clarify, I don't think any of these questions are meant to be harassing. All of us read stuff in the news and other places, including personal anecdotes. Your line of business isn't mine, or most people's around here, and I think we would like to hear a firsthand account of what is going on the trenches.

<p>We are a portfolio lender, FDIC insured, I try not to discuss spreads, earnings, etc., company business not in my wholesale lending world, all that can be found on other blogs on the web and in public releases.</p>

<p>I am busy due to other mortgage bankers losing their correspondent relationships with other lenders, so they broker to us. </p>

<p>it's a much smaller lending community.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>OCBob,</p>

<p>You disappoint!</p>

<p>Give us something!</p>

Back