New orchard hills homes

renter1

Hi driving down portola today at the strip mall near the 261 with mcdonalds and Zov's near the high school they are building homes right next to the strip mall in orchard hills right off portola does anyone know which developement this will be? Great location

if you're talking between orchard hills mall and northwood high, that is neighborhood 2, most likely terrazza if it's on portola.  this development opened in 2014.

I don't think so these are right adjacent to orchard hills mall off portola - looks like area ten on their map

dethman said:
if you're talking between orchard hills mall and northwood high, that is neighborhood 2, most likely terrazza if it's on portola.  this development opened in 2014.

That would be my guess - the area addressed in the question - because the second floor framing for some Terrazza homes went up a week ago and the homes are visible from the intersection (Portola / Culver northeast corner).

Yes, that's Terrazza. Been living here since early 2015 and loving it ever since. Can't say enough about the neighbors, views and walking distance to parks and Orchard Hills Plaza. It took a while, but sales at Terrazza eventually took off! Luckily

FYI...just came back from the Terrazza sale office and all homes are in escrow or sold out, including the models.

Legit949 said:
FYI...just came back from the Terrazza sale office and all homes are in escrow or sold out, including the models.

Great.  I think Terrazza is a great value.  Checks most of the boxes for a family of 4.  It's good that they are close to sell out before another hundreds of new homes kick off on OH neighborhood 3 around 2018.  btw, I heard Orchard Hills School will finally expand to K-8 from 2018-2019 year so the demand for Terrazza re-sale will increase in few years.  Just need a good supermarket in that shopping plaza.

Goriot said:
btw, I heard Orchard Hills School will finally expand to K-8 from 2018-2019 year

i hope so.  would be nice timing for my 3yo.  but not holding my breath with TUSD.

Goriot said:
Legit949 said:

Great.  I think Terrazza is a great value.  Checks most of the boxes for a family of 4.  It's good that they are close to sell out before another hundreds of new homes kick off on OH neighborhood 3 around 2018.  btw, I heard Orchard Hills School will finally expand to K-8 from 2018-2019 year so the demand for Terrazza re-sale will increase in few years.  Just need a good supermarket in that shopping plaza.

Hey that reminds me.  Anyone know what is going on with the supermarket?  I think it was Albertsons there at first.  They shutdown and then someone came in (forget the name) for just a 3 months before they eventually closed up.  There has been no supermarket there for at least 6 months since.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Goriot said:
Legit949 said:

Really? That's great. Can I ask your sources?

nyc to oc said:
Goriot said:
Legit949 said:

Really? That's great. Can I ask your sources?

Nothing is for sure of course with TUSD, but my sister-in law has two kids attending Hicks Elementary School and she was told that they are no longer or limiting number of enrollments for 2018-2019 at Hicks Canyon as she was told by administrator that OH will expand in the classes in that year.  Fingers crossed.  If anyone has conflicting info, please let me know as I am on the same boat as Dethman=).  Btw, congrats to Dethman!  Looks like you bought at Vicenza?  I think Vicenza is close to sell out correct?  I think they might actually sell out before La Vita because Plan 2 sales fell out of the cliff (85% of available lots are plan 2).  La Vita increased the prices too much for those plan 2 with sub-par floor plan and views at the last 2-3 phases. 

Supermarket at OH - Pavilion (luxury Albertson) sold to --> Haggen (Bankrupt soon after) --> Empty Lease Space.  Forget looking for luxury supermarkets there.  I will be happy with Ralph. 

I was told by one source that OH would fully expand in 2017-2018 and was told by a second source that teachers  have been notified of the possible expansion of the school. Like you guys said, it is TUSD. We shall see...

Goriot said:
Fingers crossed.  If anyone has conflicting info, please let me know as I am on the same boat as Dethman=).  Btw, congrats to Dethman!  Looks like you bought at Vicenza?  I think Vicenza is close to sell out correct?  I think they might actually sell out before La Vita because Plan 2 sales fell out of the cliff (85% of available lots are plan 2).  La Vita increased the prices too much for those plan 2 with sub-par floor plan and views at the last 2-3 phases. 

yes we put a deposit down on a vicenza.  they are near sell out, they have a few backing settlers they are having a hard time moving i think.  where are you?

i dropped by amelia sales office today though while checking out framing for my lot, they are offering some serious incentives on quick move ins.  it's very tempting.

Legit949 said:
Yes, that's Terrazza. Been living here since early 2015 and loving it ever since. Can't say enough about the neighbors, views and walking distance to parks and Orchard Hills Plaza. It took a while, but sales at Terrazza eventually took off! Luckily

Hey Legit949, here's a story for you.  Back in mid 2014 my wife and I had our heart set on Terrazza.  We had our lot picked out, all our funding lined up, even spent time figuring out which options to do pre/post escrow.  We would visit the model every month or so and imagine what our lives would be like in a house like that.  But the lot we wanted was in an upcoming phase (phase 6 I think... They were on phase 4 at the time if I recall correctly).  No big deal, the sales people expected it to be on sale in a few months.  So we waited... and waited... the sales people probably got annoyed with us for calling them every month or two asking when our lot would be on sale.  Sales were sooo slow but we continued waiting...  and waiting... and then in late spring 2015 we caved in and bought something else.  I so wish we waited for that Terrazza :( 

Well, life is like that I guess.  Sometimes things workout differently than we hope, but you know what?  I'm glad you're enjoying your Terrazza.  It sounds like it's the perfect house for your family, you're very happy with the location, and other like minded people finally realized it's a wonderful product and bought up all the remaining Terrazzas.  Congratulations, best of luck to you and your family.

dethman said:

yes we put a deposit down on a vicenza.  they are near sell out, they have a few backing settlers they are having a hard time moving i think.  where are you?

i dropped by amelia sales office today though while checking out framing for my lot, they are offering some serious incentives on quick move ins.  it's very tempting.

I am at La Vita.  Bought there as its only a 5 min. walk to park, school, and OH shopping plaza and one of the plan had the floor plan I was looking for.  Short walk to school and coffee shop is a must for me. 

Btw, how big of hair cut was TNHC willing to give you?  Vicenza plan 1 was my second favorite floor plan but Amelia location next to Resort is good and it's huge (4,000+), but the lots are tiny with huge house behind you.

I talked to the comm. director at TUSD and was told OH will definitely expand to a full K-8 in 2018-19, possibly in 2017-18.  All the grades in K-4 will be openned all together, not as one grade per year as mentioned before.  Keep the fingers crossed.

Compressed-Village said:
This is exactly what they told us 5 years ago.

Lol. They sure do have a low credibility based on their track record.  But with all the new homes being built at OH 1 and part of 2 (hundreds), I think they will have no choice in couple of years.  There will be a riot.  Let's keep up with submitting the interest forms on their website. 

Agree, they don't really care too much about class sizes.  Teachers are getting stretched thin.  IUSD has lower teacher student ratios, and for people with kids, this will be a deciding factor in house purchase.

Goriot said:
Compressed-Village said:
This is exactly what they told us 5 years ago.

Lol. They sure do have a low credibility based on their track record.  But with all the new homes being built at OH 1 and part of 2 (hundreds), I think they will have no choice in couple of years.  There will be a riot.  Let's keep up with submitting the interest forms on their website.

Go talk to gasman on TI.

Back