New Listing - Trellis Court Plan 3 home @ Cypress Village (107 Copeland)

irvinehomeowner said:
I actually had a topic about this somewhere.

I can see your side and the best would be to have all 3 levels walkable... but if you have 2 working parents, elem and middle are pretty much set schedules whereas high school, it depends on what type of activities they are in (sports, band, choir, drama, math club?) and at least in my case, I don't plan to have my kids drive until they are 17 or 18 so that's at least 2-3 years where they need to figure out how to get to/from school.

Have their friends who drive pick them up in the morning ;D.

eyephone said:
I go back and forth regarding living by a school. I think the pros out weighs the cons. I think a young family would prefer to love to a school.

Would a person rather live by a busy street/train track or a school?

I think it comes down to the budget issue.

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I actually had a topic about this somewhere.

I can see your side and the best would be to have all 3 levels walkable... but if you have 2 working parents, elem and middle are pretty much set schedules whereas high school, it depends on what type of activities they are in (sports, band, choir, drama, math club?) and at least in my case, I don't plan to have my kids drive until they are 17 or 18 so that's at least 2-3 years where they need to figure out how to get to/from school.

Have their friends who drive pick them up in the morning ;D.

That's probably more dangerous than them walking.

And you don't have to live right next to the high school, a 5-15 minute walk is good enough (your kids can even go home for lunch).

I had to take a bus and then later drive to my high school which was a 20-30 minute drive, walking wasn't even an option. It was very inconvenient especially if I had to go back home for anything.

Sorry USC.... we derailed your thread.

The closer you live to a school then the higher chances you won't have a sex offender next to you which I guess is a plus.

Deposit in to escrow and the status has been updated on MLS.  The appraiser is coming tomorrow and home inspection on Friday.

Got word from escrow that we are official closed just now. The sales price for the home was $1,000,000 and I represented both the buyer and seller on the transaction. Congrats to them both.

Back