New Listing - single-story home in Westminster (15421 Maryknoll St)

usctrojancpa

Earlier this week I listed a single-story home in Westminster, it is the grandparent's home of one of my clients and it's on the market for the first time in 44 years. The home features 4 spacious bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, and sits on a 6,000sf lot with 1,903sf of living space. The listing price is $1,000,000. Seller will be reviewing offers on Monday, June 6th.

PM me or email (mmania001@yahoo.com) if you are interested in viewing this home. I'll be hosting an open house this weekend, 2-5pm on Saturday and Sunday, June 3rd and 4th.

Here is the Redfin link:

Below is the link to the pictures and 3DMatterport virtual tour:

https://tours.previewfirst.com/pw/134310

Some great bones on that old soul. Should be a packed house today. Congrats on the new listing!

Yeah, it reminded me of the 70s home that I grew up in not too far away in Huntington Beach. The home was definitely well cared for and will benefit from a full renovation so we did price it low to go fast.

Just curious why you didn't list this for $999,999 ?
Typical "Realtor" speak would say "you don't want to exclude MLS searches for homes < $1M."
I think you've proven that theory wrong. :D

This was on the redfin site for this address:

FOR SALE - ACTIVE

15421 Maryknoll St,
Westminster, CA 92683​

Rental Estimate for 15421 Maryknoll St​

$4,272 / mo

I can't imagine a flipper thinks there's still some juice to squeeze out of this property. Even after firehosing this home with "Navajo White" paint, dumping a few bags of cheap ground cover outside, and throwing a few Home Depot special SS appliances in a typical painted gray cabinet "Newly Refreshed Chef's Kitchen" might get the new price high enough to yield a flippers $100k average net profit per transaction.

Could there be another $2-300k in price gains still ahead post bidding war for this home?

Last edited:
I can't imagine a flipper thinks there's still some juice to squeeze out of this property. Even after firehosing this home with "Navajo White" paint, dumping a few bags of cheap ground cover outside, and throwing a few Home Depot special SS appliances in a typical painted gray cabinet "Newly Refreshed Chef's Kitchen" might get the new price high enough to yield a flippers $100k average net profit per transaction.

Could there be another $2-300k in price gains still ahead post bidding war for this home?
This to me is a sure sign of an impending bubble popping. Absolute lunacy.

Someone would pay $5K/month to rent a house in Westminster? Unreal but still is a lower cap rate than just sinking it into Treasuries.
So I was confused by your last sentence regarding treasury cap rates.
If this house sold for 1 million, and got 5,000/month as rent, then the annual rent is $60,000

So 60,000/1,000,000 = 6%.
So does this mean the treasuries cap rate is higher than 6%?
How does this work?

So I was confused by your last sentence regarding treasury cap rates.
If this house sold for 1 million, and got 5,000/month as rent, then the annual rent is $60,000

So 60,000/1,000,000 = 6%.
So does this mean the treasuries cap rate is higher than 6%?
How does this work?
Dont forget property tax and insurance 😀

Back