New Listing - Marin Plan 2 detached condo @ Eastwood (78 Meander)

56 Tolson got sold quite quickly at 1.41M sale price. This is Marin plan 1. https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/56-Tollson-92620/home/169482493

Based on the above, it might be a tough one to get 1.68M for this Marin plan 2 especially in today's market. The number of homes for sale continues to be very low though in EW , so waiting for some more time may owner get closer to expected price. The pricing of 56 Tolson at just 1.39M was quite low, but it did seem to get the intended result of a quick sale.

56 Tolson got sold quite quickly at 1.41M sale price. This is Marin plan 1. https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/56-Tollson-92620/home/169482493

Based on the above, it might be a tough one to get 1.68M for this Marin plan 2 especially in today's market. The number of homes for sale continues to be very low though in EW , so waiting for some more time may owner get closer to expected price. The pricing of 56 Tolson at just 1.39M was quite low, but it did seem to get the intended result of a quick sale.
I prefer Marin plan 1 over plan 2 mainly because it faces the street. Much more convenient for parking and little more privacy. Plan 1 also has slightly better layout even with smaller sqft IMO.

I prefer Marin plan 1 over plan 2 mainly because it faces the street. Much more convenient for parking and little more privacy. Plan 1 also has slightly better layout even with smaller sqft IMO.

The one bad thing about the Marin 1 is that the downstairs master bedroom is right next to the motorcourt so it hears all of the cars driving on the motorcourt.

The list price for 56 Tollson was very low because the seller wanted it sold fast. The home got 11 offers, including 5 cash offers. They ended up going with a cash buyer who closed fast and disregarded a higher financed offer above $1.42m (that buyer came to my open house and told me how things played out on Tollson). We did lower the price by $30k to $1.668m and we continue to have daily agent showings and good open house traffic so there are buyers out there looking but they aren't ready to pull the trigger yet.

The list price for 56 Tollson was very low because the seller wanted it sold fast. The home got 11 offers, including 5 cash offers. They ended up going with a cash buyer who closed fast and disregarded a higher financed offer above $1.42m (that buyer came to my open house and told me how things played out on Tollson). We did lower the price by $30k to $1.668m and we continue to have daily agent showings and good open house traffic so there are buyers out there looking but they aren't ready to pull the trigger yet.
Thanks for the update USC

The one bad thing about the Marin 1 is that the downstairs master bedroom is right next to the motorcourt so it hears all of the cars driving on the motorcourt.
This is more than a bad thing… it’s the feng shui kiss of death as the typical bed layout would have the head on the wall on the motorcourt. Even if you choose a less desirable bed location in this room, still a no go.

For shared courtyard, anywhere in the house would hear car driving in/out. There are only 3 other houses so traffic is very minimal. One thing i notice is that eastwood condo owners dont like to park their cars in the garage anyways 😀.

This is more than a bad thing… it’s the feng shui kiss of death as the typical bed layout would have the head on the wall on the motorcourt. Even if you choose a less desirable bed location in this room, still a no go.
Lol never heard of this b4. Does it apply to bedroom on the 2nd floor?
Good to know

Things seemed to have picked up over the past 2 weeks or so. I visited a few open houses and multiple claimed they had multiple offers already - and it seemingly checks out as those listings are in escrow now. A couple of listings I've been monitoring that have been on market 45+ days have also gone under contract. All anecdotal...but maybe sellers are finally being a bit more reasonable in what they're asking/expecting on the sale price.

Both offers were all cash and within 3-4% of the listing price. One of the buyers accepted our counter and I just opened escrow. I'll change the status of the listing once the deposit hits escrow. I believe we benefited from the fact that there was a lack of inventory in Eastwood and surrounding Irvine Villages along with being a fully renovated home.

Both offers were all cash and within 3-4% of the listing price. One of the buyers accepted our counter and I just opened escrow. I'll change the status of the listing once the deposit hits escrow. I believe we benefited from the fact that there was a lack of inventory in Eastwood and surrounding Irvine Villages along with being a fully renovated home.
Mainland Chineses love Eastwood. There are so many of them here that they even have 3 different wechat groups (each maxed out at 500 persons). 😎

Nicely done. Good luck with sale.

Got word from escrow earlier this morning that the transaction has officially closed today. The sales price was $1,635,000 from an all cash buyer. Congrats to both the buyer and seller.

We priced it a bit on the high side initially at $1,698,000 to test the market as the home was fully renovated but we reduced the price by $30,000 as no offers were coming in and then the showing traffic picked up resulting in 2 all cash offers. Both offers came in around $1,600,000 and we were able to get one of those cash buyers up to $1,635,000 via a seller multiple counter. I had told the seller that we should get somewhere between $1.62m to $1.65m and he was very happy with the final sales price.

Last edited:
Got word from escrow earlier this morning that the transaction has officially closed today. The sales price was $1,635,000 from an all cash buyer. Congrats to both the buyer and seller.

We priced it a bit on the high side initially at $1,698,000 to test the market as the home was fully renovated but we reduced the price by $30,000 as no offers were coming in and then the showing traffic picked up resulting in 2 all cash offers. Both offers came in around $1,600,000 and we were able to get one of those cash buyers up to $1,635,000 via a seller multiple counter. I had told the seller that we should get somewhere between $1.62m to $1.65m and he was very happy with the final sales price.
Congratulations. Looks like your sellers didn’t feel Liar Loan’s big “pain”. A good indication of the true status of the market unless of course, your clients are immune to the market’s predicted free fall! Eat an extra pound of turkey tomorrow in celebration.

Thank you for the kind words gang. Hope all of you are having a good Thanksgiving holiday.

As I tell my sellers, it's a team effort to get the homes sold in a timely manner for a good price. This seller got the home ready for me by cleaning it and making it super presentable which facilitated in getting the home sold quickly and for a price that he was happy with.

Back