New Listing - Marin Plan 2 detached condo @ Eastwood (78 Meander)

usctrojancpa

I listed an upgraded Marin Plan 2 detached condo in Eastwood earlier this morning on MLS. The home has over $200k in upgrades and was built in 2018 by Irvine Pacific. It features 4 spacious bedrooms and 3 full bathrooms, including a downstairs bedroom and full bathroom, along about 2,250sf of living space. The home is listed for $1,689,000.

PM or email me if you are interested in seeing it. I will be hosting open houses this weekend on Saturday, Oct. 8th and Sunday, Oct. 9th from 12-4pm.

Here is the Redfin link:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/78-Meander-92602/home/169482450

Pictures and the virtual tour are in the link below:

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=qE5bf7oTSEq&hl=0&play=1

If you guys are in the area, drop by to say hello.  :)

How come Seller is selling within a year of purchase? 
400K over the Aug 2021 closed price seems like a lot now, At the same time, 1.3M price for when it sold in Aug 2021 seems very low considering how hot the market was back then.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
400K over the Aug 2021 closed price seems like a lot now, At the same time, 1.3M price for when it sold in Aug 2021 seems very low considering how hot the market was back then.

$1.3M, with little upgrades (since buyers put in a lot of upgrades) wasn't that low Aug 2021. I believe that Fresco at Eastwood was around $1.5M at that point. Housing price didn't really start taking off until Sept 2021. Old seller start listing in May 2021 and they went into contract 7/26/2021, so I would say the $1.3M was reasonable for that time.

I remember this because I started getting on the Bluffs and Highland waitlist in Sept 2021 and those homes were still in the $1.35M (Bluffs 1) to $1.55M (Highland 2) range. They are now $1.75M to $2.0M range.

CalBears96 said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

$1.3M, with little upgrades (since buyers put in a lot of upgrades) wasn't that low Aug 2021. I believe that Fresco at Eastwood was around $1.5M at that point. Housing price didn't really start taking off until Sept 2021. Old seller start listing in May 2021 and they went into contract 7/26/2021, so I would say the $1.3M was reasonable for that time.

I remember this because I started getting on the Bluffs and Highland waitlist in Sept 2021 and those homes were still in the $1.35M (Bluffs 1) to $1.55M (Highland 2) range. They are now $1.75M to $2.0M range.
Makes sense. I regret putting my Petaluma on the Market in July 2021...should have waited 2 more months until September to have a shot at atleast 100k more. Also, should have listed with Martin! Oh well, Hindsight is always 20/20!! Never thought 2-3 months could cause prices to swing so much in RE.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
CalBears96 said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

Makes sense. I regret putting my Petaluma on the Market in July 2021...should have waited 2 more months until September to have a shot at atleast 100k more. Also, should have listed with Martin! Oh well, Hindsight is always 20/20!! Never thought 2-3 months could cause prices to swing so much in RE.

When we got on the waitlist in Sept 2021, Bluffs 2 was $1.37M and when we finally got it in Dec 2021, it was $1.48M, so it did go up about $100k in 2 months. And by the time we closed escrow end of May, Bluffs 2 was selling at $1.75M (base price). That's another $270k increase after 6 more months. That's pretty much where it peaked at.

Irvinehomeseeker said:

Seller is in contract on a larger new home so it was time to list the home for sale.  They also went through the home and made a lot of upgrades both inside and out so it's one of the nicer upgraded detached condos on the market.

OCtoSV said:
$1.7M for a condo in this market with rates heading even higher? I hope you get it for them USC.

Turnkey properties are still getting good bids in this market so we'll see what happens. 

Irvinehomeseeker said:
OCtoSV said:
$1.7M for a condo in this market with rates heading even higher? I hope you get it for them USC.

At 250K more, you can get this true SFR in EW -https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/109-Allenford-92620/home/167385405

Maybe true but that home has basically no upgrades from the looks of it and it was a rental property up until the end of July was it was difficult to show hence why the home has lingered on the market like a dirty sock.

CalBears96 said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
CalBears96 said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:

When we got on the waitlist in Sept 2021, Bluffs 2 was $1.37M and when we finally got it in Dec 2021, it was $1.48M, so it did go up about $100k in 2 months. And by the time we closed escrow end of May, Bluffs 2 was selling at $1.75M (base price). That's another $270k increase after 6 more months. That's pretty much where it peaked at.

Yes, prices really started talking off in Sept/Oct 2021 when inventory levels plummeted and buyer FOMO went up. 

OCtoSV said:
Always thought a true indicator of the market is what happens to a Martin listing. If the property sells for less that means the downturn has started. And you know LL will be all over it, which no one is looking forward to :( If the property doesn?t sell? well I don?t want to think about it!

DrTravel said:
OCtoSV said:
Always thought a true indicator of the market is what happens to a Martin listing. If the property sells for less that means the downturn has started. And you know LL will be all over it, which no one is looking forward to :( If the property doesn?t sell? well I don?t want to think about it!

Agree. This one felt a bit overpriced to me. But what do I know. The streets of Eastwood is paved with something special 😉

bones said:
DrTravel said:
OCtoSV said:

Agree. This one felt a bit overpriced to me. But what do I know. The streets of Eastwood is paved with something special 😉

It?s called All American Asphalt. 😎

OCtoSV said:
How was the open house traffic? Any offers yet?

Had 18 buyers show up during both days.  A few seemed interested, including one that got outbid on Tolson.  We are getting an agent show each day which is also a good sign. 

Back