New Irvine homes on old school sites?

From the <a href="http://irvinehomes.freedomblogging.com/2009/11/13/new-irvine-homes-on-old-school-sites/10175/">OC Register</a>, I also read a similar article on in the Irvine World News... this might be interesting... I wonder if they will build new Tuscan style homes right in the middle of Traditional University & Woodbridge homes...

This boils down to builder greed. Put a project everywhere and anywhere. Here's an idea! Drain the two lakes in Woodbridge and build hundreds of new homes! Make the place as dense an urban sprawl as possible. Total BS. I've lived in Irvine since the 80's, and the build-out is upsetting. But as someone previously noted, the builders (read Irvine Company) gets what it wants. Take Woodbury. A middle school was going to be built there, and in the last year, developers talked the city in to moving a middle school across busy Trabuco Road, all in the name of building more and more homes in Woodbury... where you can't see the curb anywhere because of all the damn cars (read too many people already!). Seems that anymore, everyone is a carpet bagging shill. It just makes me so mad. Hopefully my fantasy football team wins today so I can cool down.

Back