New iPhone 11 for 2019

Soylent Red, Yellow, and Blue have iPhone 6 and 7 re$pectively, $o it look$ like it$ time for an upgrade. Is an 11 "worth it" compared to a 10? So far I'm not seeing the big reason to go to 11.

I've read that the 5 and 6 are no longer supported by Apple with software updates, but the 5SE is. Odd IMHO.

Full disclosure: I've never had an Apple product and am not wanting to join the hive mindset St. Steven of Cupertino has created. Someone in the family should be an outlier. May as well be me.  For years I've used Samsung phones, specifically the Note line. The Note 10 price and feature benefit was a downer so I ditched Samsung (and their bloatware). I figure since Google is always tracking me anyway I joined their Cult with a Pixel 3aXL. Surprisingly well made device and so far no issues. Nice to have software updates easily flowing through for the next 3-5 years at least.

My .02c

There was nothing that wow'd me about the iPhone 11 Pro line. I do think the 11 price point is pretty good though if you are a few generations back on the iPhone.

Soylent Green Is People said:
Soylent Red, Yellow, and Blue have iPhone 6 and 7 re$pectively, $o it look$ like it$ time for an upgrade. Is an 11 "worth it" compared to a 10? So far I'm not seeing the big reason to go to 11.
I've read that the 5 and 6 are no longer supported by Apple with software updates, but the 5SE is. Odd IMHO.

The iPhone SE (and iPhone 6S) are supported by iOS 13 because they use A9 CPU and has 2 GB RAM.

Earlier iPhone 5S with A7 CPU and iPhone 6 with A8 CPU only has 1 GB RAM and is supported up to iOS 12, but not iOS 13.

Cares said:
There was nothing that wow'd me about the iPhone 11 Pro line. I do think the 11 price point is pretty good though if you are a few generations back on the iPhone.

Yeah, the 11 is probably the best deal, esp over the XR for the camera bump. The 8 Plus is also good if you prefer the home button. :)

The new iPad is a pretty good entry model with the larger screen.

Not sure if the Watch 5 is all that much better than Watch 4.

New iPad is the same chip as previous generation. They just added keyboard and stylus compatibility. Pass on that too unless you don't already own an iPad and are shopping one.

Cares said:
New iPad is the same chip as previous generation. They just added keyboard and stylus compatibility. Pass on that too unless you don't already own an iPad and are shopping one.

Where?s the Innovation?

this article might be better suited for the snowflake thread  ;)

The camera on Apple's new iPhone 11 is triggering trypophobes ? people who are disgusted by clustered holes

EEHGT-nU4AM2N3g

When Apple announced the new iPhone 11 on Tuesday, the trypophobic corner of the internet collectively cringed.

Trypophobia, a fear of clustered holes, affects 15% of the population, according to a 2013 study.

The iPhone 11 has two cameras stacked atop one another, and the iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max both sport three cameras, arranged in a triangle. As soon as the new iPhones were revealed on Tuesday, a flood of tweets poured forth remarking on the design's potential to unnerve trypophobes, as people affected by trypophobia are known.

It's not clear if these tweets indicate that the iPhone 11 is genuinely triggering people with trypophobia, or are simply a reflection of all the hyperbole and jokes in the Twitter echo chamber. Whatever the case, the iPhone 11 trypophobia connection is now a meme that's gaining currency.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trypophobes-hate-the-iphone-11-pro-3-cameras-holes-trypophobia-2019-9

If Apple wanted to corner this market, they'd sell these 3 eyed wonders with a Companion Animal to comfort these poor souls.

Not impressed with the 11 or watch 5. I?m going to stick with my overpriced X and  watch 3. Maybe next year I?ll upgrade both.

If you already have an X, probably no compelling reason to upgrade. But if you're on an 8 or below and don't mind losing your home button, the 11 makes sense. If you have to have the latest, aren't triggered by clustered holes, and money is not an issue (qwerty), then you will get the 11 Pro.

My wife will probably get the 11, but like me, she prefers the home button.

The one thing I like about Watch 5 is the always on display... although I'm used to not having it on. So maybe I'll find a 4 on discount since that's when they started making the bigger one.

Back