new homes in walnut, three oaks project

fumbling_IHB

Has anyone here been to the new Three Oaks development in Walnut, which is next to Diamond Bar and West Covina? They released their model homes and pricing last week. They had about 10 models and will be selling close to 300 homes over the next couple of years, and the developer is Standard Pacific. The prices are in the $1 million to $1.5 million range for 3000 to 5000 sf. I mention this development because we went yesterday (Sunday) and I never saw so many visitors at a new development before, it seemed like a horde like what the good old days of buyers waiting for the lottery system to buy homes must have seemed like. Although they were just handing out brochures and today would be the first day people could get on a priority list. I don't know how well it'll sell but they sure had a lot of visitors. Sales person said Saturday they had 1,000 families based on the number of brochures handed out, and Sunday they had 600. Homes seem nice but still kind of overpriced even though they are big and set up high on a hill overlooking the warehouses off the 60 freeway.

Back