New homes coming to Tustin?

Looking at the floorplans and the artist rendering drawing, where do you think these are attached? It almost looks like they're not attached in the artist drawing.

toady13 said:
Looking at the floorplans and the artist rendering drawing, where do you think these are attached? It almost looks like they're not attached in the artist drawing.
Depending on the plan, the top or bottom wall. That's why all the garages have side entries.

Hint: Look for the walls with no windows.

I looked at the HOAs (on redfin) for the condos/townhomes in Columbus Grove on the Tustin side and they were pretty high at about 350, couple that with another 300 or so for mello roos and they dont look as attractive. Although maybe since its only two homes the HOA will be lower than the condos.

toady13 said:

10xapht.gif

The dots are the front porch.  Garage is in the back.

So it looks like there are problems with the Tustin base project.  While they may be starting to build again in CS and CG, the rest of the larger plan isn't going well.  I've always wondered when the 2 mile park was going to be built.
http://lansner.freedomblogging.com/2010/04/28/tustin-base-project-called-worthless/63835/

"Tustin base project called worthless
April 28th, 2010, 10:28 am ? 1 Comment ? posted by Jeff Collins

Two units of J.F. Shea Co. say they want to back out of a deal to develop the an 820-acre parcel at the former Tustin Marine air base, saying that falling land values make it impossible to build homes, shops, offices and a hotel in today?s economy.

Shea maintains that land once valued at $236 million is now valued near zero, one city official said.

Tustin Legacy Community Partners (TLCP), consisting of Shea Properties and Shea Homes, agreed in 2006 to pay $236 million for the project, plus install infrastructure such as roads, sewer and water systems and parks in exchange for 160 developable acres in the heart of Tustin.

But Shea Properties President Colm Macken said that home and commercial values have sunk so low that it?s not worth going forward with the project unless the city of Tustin makes concessions it?s not willing to make."

Not too sure of the truth in Shea's comments.

Based on current demand, if they build products priced below average like the Lake Forest Summit Crest project, they will certainly sell quite a few homes. They should just arrange something like what TIC did with Woodbury.

Construction costs have gone down and to say that land value, especially in central OC right next to Irvine, is near zero is hyperbole.

I'm thinking that Shea is just trying to negotiate better terms and lower their costs.  How can they just pull out of a contract and not meet their end of the bargain?

It has been confirmed.  The largest Augusta plan will have 3 Car Garage. 

They plan to get city approval to start building this summer.  First homes available in the winter.

Are these like the other ones they built in CS?

This is a nice floorplan... can we get the second floor?

And is there a public place to look at these?

Gallery Opening Of Ainsley Park In The Villages Of Columbus Next Saturday, August 28th @ 10AM

WLH-OC-Ainsley-Park-New-Home.png

Ainsley Park will introduce four spacious paired designs at prices expected to start from the high $400,000s. Innovative floorplans will range from approximately 1,659 to 2,364 square feet of interior space, with three to four bedrooms, two-and one-half to three bathrooms and two-car garages. Select plans will include great rooms, lofts and additional bedrooms. (link)

Residence 1
1,659 Square Feet
3 Bedrooms
2.5 Bathrooms
2-Car Garage

Residence 2
1,766 Square Feet
3 Bedrooms
2.5 Bathrooms
2-Car Garage

Residence 3
1,827 Square Feet
3 Bedrooms
2.5 Bathrooms
2-Car Garage

Residence 4
2,364 Square Feet
4 Bedrooms
3 Bathrooms
2-Car Garage

Siteplan

Waitaminnut.

So these are the Astoria plans re-done? Your first floorplan was the Astoria Plan 3... this latest one has a different layout. And why is there all that unused space above the garage?

test said:
irvinehomeowner said:
This is a nice floorplan... can we get the second floor?

Here you go buddy.

41127_152692598087693_140331142657172_367718_5330763_n.jpg

And this is the phasing plan.

61967_152692548087698_140331142657172_367715_5656200_n.jpg

Interesting floor plan. Large SFR with alley style garage access. I would also guess there is no backyard but just a side courtyard. Is that correct? What are folks feeling on this?

irvinehomeowner said:
Waitaminnut.

So these are the Astoria plans re-done? Your first floorplan was the Astoria Plan 3... this latest one has a different layout. And why is there all that unused space above the garage?

Very true. That space above the garage could be a great man cave / bonus room / mother-in-law suite.

irvinehomeowner said:
Waitaminnut.

Yes, they changed the design around, it's smaller now, only 3,000 sqft.  See my post on why there are no more 3 story homes.  Everything is going smaller now due to the housing bust.

test said:
Yes, they changed the design around, it's smaller now, only 3,000 sqft.  See my post on why there are no more 3 story homes.  Everything is going smaller now due to the housing bust.
I can understand that if they are using a smaller footprint for the house, resulting in a smaller lot size. In the plan you posted, the lot sizes are the same (based on the old Astoria phases) and it seems like the footprint is similar. I don't think there is much more cost to put living space above the garage area... just seems like a waste to me.

Back