New Garage Door

irvinehomeowner

Helping a relative of mine with replacing their garage door (and opener) and trying to see if the TI collective has any recs outside of what I could find on Yelp. Opener has to be replace due to regulations... new garage doors require an opener that has a backup battery and they could benefit from a new unit that has WiFI features.

So far I've called:

Entry Systems
Premier Garage
Admiral Garage

These are all 5 starts on Yelp.

I was going to call Mesa Garage because they run a lot of TV/Radio ads but their Yelp reviews is only 2 stars which must be horrible (although my friend had a good experience with them.

So far, price favors Premier but they don't have much selection beyond the basic doors... and they don't seem interested in installing anything but their basic doors. Entry and Admiral are prices about the same and Admiral has been the most responsive.

Any one have any other suggestions?

Thanks.

We used these guys last year to replace a couple of old openers (with the Chamberlain 8160WB DC Battery Backup Chain Drive Wi-Fi) and they did a good job. They did have to come back one time because the safety sensor on one of the openers was acting up. But they were responsive and took care of it promptly and I would use them again.

I’ve used these two companies to do a torque/torsion conversion spring replacement. Both did a good job and no issues since the work was done in 2018 and 2019

Ended up calling Mesa because Premier is ghosting me.

Admiral and Entry Systems are about the same price, Admiral guy was very helpful.

Mesa is cheaper than those 2 but more expensive than Premier.

They should probably call a few more.

Back