New development incentives?

I'm interested in a particular model of a new development (in PS) as I have mentioned in my last thread , but I'm not too picky on location other than general direction the house faces.  How much negotiating power do I have to get some incentives? 

I have noticed that the quick move in homes are about the same price as the next phase of homes. These have a bunch of options selected that are not reflected in the price, however I won't be buying this round of the quick move in homes as I don't want certain structural options they selected.  So they're clearly 'giving' some upgrades away for certain homes.

What is the best tactic to get some designer credit or some upgrades while also getting one of the many lots I want? Is it doable in today's market?

ThirtySomethingWEquity said:
I'm interested in a particular model of a new development (in PS) as I have mentioned in my last thread , but I'm not too picky on location other than general direction the house faces.  How much negotiating power do I have to get some incentives? 

I have noticed that the quick move in homes are about the same price as the next phase of homes. These have a bunch of options selected that are not reflected in the price, however I won't be buying this round of the quick move in homes as I don't want certain structural options they selected.  So they're clearly 'giving' some upgrades away for certain homes.

What is the best tactic to get some designer credit or some upgrades while also getting one of the many lots I want? Is it doable in today's market?

You never get what you don't ask for.  That being said, you'll have much better luck get some incentives for a lot that hasn't been purchased from a previous phase release or one that is basically almost all done (builders call these their "quick move-in" lots).  I'd ask for closing cost credits first as those are dollar for dollar savings and then design center credits. 

ThirtySomethingWEquity said:

Make sure you bring USC or IR with you when you visit.

Back