New Corvette C8 World Premier in Tustin 7/18/19

Happiness said:
Must be a lot of geezers on this board because average age of vette owner is 61 yrs:

https://www.msn.com/g00/en-us/autos/news/what-do-current-corvette-owners-think-of-the-new-c8-stingray/ar-AAECvZP?item=personalization_enabled%3afalse&i10c.ua=5&i10c.encReferrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9kdWNrZHVja2dvLmNvbS8%3d

You said it not me

Happiness said:
Must be a lot of geezers on this board because average age of vette owner is 61 yrs:

https://www.msn.com/g00/en-us/autos/news/what-do-current-corvette-owners-think-of-the-new-c8-stingray/ar-AAECvZP?item=personalization_enabled%3afalse&i10c.ua=5&i10c.encReferrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9kdWNrZHVja2dvLmNvbS8%3d
The entire point of the article is that GM needs to attract younger buyers with the C8.  Maybe there are a bunch of geezers on this board.  Or maybe GM is succeeding.

irvinehomeowner said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
daedalus said:
iacrenter said:
Talk about a sports car bargain. Where can you get a mid engine sports car with DCT and this kind of performance for under $60k? And this is only the BASE model. I'm not a big fan of Corvettes but this is impressive engineering.
100% agree.  I've never seriously envisioned myself owning a vette.  But now?  Yeah, I would rock it.  I paid almost as much for my truck.

I don't know if it will be possible to even snag one at MSRP for the 2020 models, but I suspect used 2020s will hold their value well.  I think GM will up the sticker price quickly in the next several years, which will buoy the prices of used ones.  Think Nissan GTR.

Vettes are notorious for overheating and going into limp mode on the track. Until I see them being able to endure a 30-min track session without going into the pits, I won't even consider buying one.

Because Porsches are perfect. :)

They don't overheat on the track.  ;)

Do people even race Corvettes? To me they seem like show cars because if the demographics are correct from the article above, those guys are not tracking like USC does, hence no worries about overheating.

It looks like they are trying to address the mid-engine ventilation issues with a glass/vented hood cover, so maybe they want USC to buy one. :)

Lots of people took Corvettes to the tracks and that's how we learns about the overheat issue.  The Corvette actually is pretty popular track car but just not in California.  It is relatively cheap, cheap to maintain and Chevrolet don't void warranty if one take the car to track.

And to crash a $60-80k Corvette on the track is a lot easy on your wallet than to crash a $150k+ Porsche GT3. 

lnc said:
Lots of people took Corvettes to the tracks and that's how we learns about the overheat issue.  The Corvette actually is pretty popular track car but just not in California.  It is relatively cheap, cheap to maintain and Chevrolet don't void warranty if one take the car to track.

And to crash a $60-80k Corvette on the track is a lot easy on your wallet than to crash a $150k+ Porsche GT3.

Problem solved modified civic or something similar  ;) lol

I heard Connell Chevrolet in Costa Mesa will have the new C8 Corvette on display in August 1 and 2, 11 am until 7 pm.

I'll drop by after work to check it out. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
daedalus said:
iacrenter said:
Talk about a sports car bargain. Where can you get a mid engine sports car with DCT and this kind of performance for under $60k? And this is only the BASE model. I'm not a big fan of Corvettes but this is impressive engineering.
100% agree.  I've never seriously envisioned myself owning a vette.  But now?  Yeah, I would rock it.  I paid almost as much for my truck.

I don't know if it will be possible to even snag one at MSRP for the 2020 models, but I suspect used 2020s will hold their value well.  I think GM will up the sticker price quickly in the next several years, which will buoy the prices of used ones.  Think Nissan GTR.

Vettes are notorious for overheating and going into limp mode on the track. Until I see them being able to endure a 30-min track session without going into the pits, I won't even consider buying one.

We need a track in OC..

HMart said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
daedalus said:
iacrenter said:

We need a track in OC..

Oh I wish we could have a track somewhere in the OC, but if they built one they'd probably set the DB sound limit to below 90db so the only cars on track would be electric cars.  haha

USCTrojanCPA said:
HMart said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
daedalus said:
iacrenter said:

We need a track in OC..

Oh I wish we could have a track somewhere in the OC, but if they built one they'd probably set the DB sound limit to below 90db so the only cars on track would be electric cars.  haha

Where do you track your car? I have just a stock Fiat 124 Spider (aka a Fiat Miata) but took it on a track last month and was hooked. Irwindale? Willow Springs?

HMart said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
HMart said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
daedalus said:
iacrenter said:

We need a track in OC..

Where do you track your car? I have just a stock Fiat 124 Spider (aka a Fiat Miata) but took it on a track last month and was hooked. Irwindale? Willow Springs?

I mainly go to Buttonwillow and Chuckwalla as well as Spring Mountain.  I've been at California Speedway and Willow Springs, but don't really like those tracks.  Laguna Seca and Thunderhill are fun though and worth the hike.

I've been threatening to buy this car a lot lately. Now that my kids are older and will be driving themselves around, I say I'm just about ready for my mid-life crisis car. But then I get nervous when I think back to that infamous accident (Nikki Catsouras) which happened on the 241 when the teenage girl from south O.C. took her dad's Porsche 911 Carrera out against his wishes and collided with the toll booth in L.F. Maybe when my kids are completely out of the house... hopefully that's before they're 40!!

That was a horrible tragedy. The family suffered twice: once when their daughter died and second when photos of her body were uploaded on the internet.

SoCal said:
I've been threatening to buy this car a lot lately. Now that my kids are older and will be driving themselves around, I say I'm just about ready for my mid-life crisis car. But then I get nervous when I think back to that infamous accident (Nikki Catsouras) which happened on the 241 when the teenage girl from south O.C. took her dad's Porsche 911 Carrera out against his wishes and collided with the toll booth in L.F. Maybe when my kids are completely out of the house... hopefully that's before they're 40!!

Drop by Connnell Chevrolet at Costa Mesa today to check out the C8.  The C8 was pretty stunning in person, GM got a winner here.

index.php

index.php

index.php

Attachments

• C8 Corvette 1.jpg
    C8 Corvette 1.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 344
  • C8 Corvette 2.jpg
    C8 Corvette 2.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 391
  • C8 Corvette 3.jpg
    C8 Corvette 3.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 286
I think it would be fun to buy a Civic Type R. They look fun to drive. I personally really love Hondas and have had nothing but excellent experiences from all of them that I have owned. I have to make a decision in the next few months but I am definitely considering buying one. I saw one on the road today. An early 20s guy was driving it, as expected. It might look a little bit weird if I get one. You don't see too many middle-aged moms from south O.C. bumping to Chris Tomlin in a Type R. I do know a local woman, though, who is 96 and drives one one of the actual cars featured in the Fast & Furious movies. She puts her walker in the passenger's side and holds on to the body to walk around to the driver's seat. It takes her like 10 minutes to get in. It can't get any weirder than that. She's my inspiration! I may get either this or a Camaro.

If it is between this and a Camaro, get the Type R. It will certainly be a collectible in the future.

SoCal said:
I think it would be fun to buy a Civic Type R. They look fun to drive. I personally really love Hondas and have had nothing but excellent experiences from all of them that I have owned. I have to make a decision in the next few months but I am definitely considering buying one. I saw one on the road today. An early 20s guy was driving it, as expected. It might look a little bit weird if I get one. You don't see too many middle-aged moms from south O.C. bumping to Chris Tomlin in a Type R. I do know a local woman, though, who is 96 and drives one one of the actual cars featured in the Fast & Furious movies. She puts her walker in the passenger's side and holds on to the body to walk around to the driver's seat. It takes her like 10 minutes to get in. It can't get any weirder than that. She's my inspiration! I may get either this or a Camaro.

Back