New Construction Property Taxes at Closing

sleepy5136

I wanted to ask if its normal for builders to charge the entire years property taxes at closing? I thought I would only be paying for the 2nd half in this case since I'll be closing on 4/14. But it seems I'll also need to pay the 1st half which is from July-Dec.

sleepy5136 said:
I wanted to ask if its normal for builders to charge the entire years property taxes at closing? I thought I would only be paying for the 2nd half in this case since I'll be closing on 4/14. But it seems I'll also need to pay the 1st half which is from July-Dec.

You should ask them why they want you to pay the property tax for July to Dec 2020.

USCTrojanCPA said:
sleepy5136 said:

You should ask them why they want you to pay the property tax for July to Dec 2020.
The builder agent is following up with the builder but assumes its because Lennar paid the property taxes for the entire year. As for why they did it, I don't know.

Back