New Construction - Highland at Portola Springs vs Landing at Tustin Legacy

Orchard hills is atleast central. PS is far from everything. If you value being in the outskirts of Irvine then PS is the option.

Davidlee199 said:
It?s over $1.6M now.  Soon to be over $2M by the end of this year. Cost more than new homes in Orchard hills?.. lol

Are these view lots with premium on current phases?  There are many view lots in PS which makes it very attractive for buyers that want a view home at a reasonable price.

Mety said:
Davidlee199 said:
It?s over $1.6M now.  Soon to be over $2M by the end of this year. Cost more than new homes in Orchard hills?.. lol

I think IP originally wanted PS to be like OH. But with housing crash and so much uncertain and unexpected events, PS sort of got left off as a "value village." Now with IP back on building there, they might upgrade the village into OH class.  I mean what's so different from OH to PS anyways? They're both located in hotter areas of the town.
Isn't it better to buy in bakers ranch instead of PS? Property tax is lower and no MR. Freeway is not that distant either and has foothill ranch for day to day needs.

sleepy5136 said:
Mety said:
Davidlee199 said:

I think IP originally wanted PS to be like OH. But with housing crash and so much uncertain and unexpected events, PS sort of got left off as a "value village." Now with IP back on building there, they might upgrade the village into OH class.  I mean what's so different from OH to PS anyways? They're both located in hotter areas of the town.
Isn't it better to buy in bakers ranch instead of PS? Property tax is lower and no MR. Freeway is not that distant either and has foothill ranch for day to day needs.

It's the same sentiment for Altair residents. So far from everything!

sleepy5136 said:
Mety said:
Davidlee199 said:

PS will be a better investment to own for long run. To live, it depends where your needs are. If BR or FR has everything you need, then that'll work just fine for you. But Irvine will always outperform surrounding cities in terms of the price and ROI because of its masterfully planned layouts and schools.

socal007 said:
Orchard hills is atleast central. PS is far from everything. If you value being in the outskirts of Irvine then PS is the option.

What? Huh? Far from everything? outskirts of Irvine?

Mety said:
sleepy5136 said:
Mety said:
Davidlee199 said:

PS will be a better investment to own for long run. To live, it depends where your needs are. If BR or FR has everything you need, then that'll work just fine for you. But Irvine will always outperform surrounding cities in terms of the price and ROI because of its masterfully planned layouts and schools.
Are PS prices higher than BR prices? I think right now they are somewhat similar no?  I guess maybe what I don't understand is what PS has that BR doesn't have?

sleepy5136 said:
Mety said:
sleepy5136 said:
Mety said:
Davidlee199 said:

Are PS prices higher than BR prices? I think right now they are somewhat similar no?  I guess maybe what I don't understand is what PS has that BR doesn't have?

PS has Irvine and Indian burial grounds and bird sanctuary. BR has a prison attraction.

PS price is higher. Over $1.6M and soon to be $2M for 2500 sq detached condo? That price will get you over 3000 sq with a massive yard in BR. And don't forget the MR. PS will always be more expensive than BR. That doesn't mean it's necessarily a better buy.

What does PS have that BR doesn't? Besides what YellowFever, I mean CogNeuroSci wrote, PS schools are probably higher ranked. Although PS is far from other villages, they all feel like one masterfully planned village. Irvine has a nice combination of residence areas and plazas. BR or other newer nice looking homes in other cities are sort of out of nowhere. They're next to factories, office buildings, jails, etc. Even some homes in Irvine near those feel like they're designed nicely blend in. They don't feel like out of nowhere. It's the design.

Mety said:
PS price is higher. Over $1.6M and soon to be $2M for 2500 sq detached condo? That price will get you over 3000 sq with a massive yard in BR. And don't forget the MR. PS will always be more expensive than BR. That doesn't mean it's necessarily a better buy.

What does PS have that BR doesn't? Besides what YellowFever, I mean CogNeuroSci wrote, PS schools are probably higher ranked. Although PS is far from other villages, they all feel like one masterfully planned village. Irvine has a nice combination of residence areas and plazas. BR or other newer nice looking homes in other cities are sort of out of nowhere. They're next to factories, office buildings, jails, etc. Even some homes in Irvine near those feel like they're designed nicely blend in. They don't feel like out of nowhere. It's the design.

I guess it depends where you are in PS but we are between Irvine Blvd and Portola Pkwy and it takes us 5 minutes to drive to Woodbury (ok 8 minutes if you get stuck at the wrong signal :p). It takes me less than 15 minutes to drive to my office near the Spectrum (oh yeah and all that shopping and dining!). If this counts as outskirts than I think we are doing pretty good here in the outskirts!

Also, our neighborhood is quiet and filled with young families. There's nice trails and parks. What's not to like?

I can't lie it would be nice to have another plaza somewhere right in the middle of GP or PS for more variety and options (especially to have something we could walk to! what a dream). But also I have never felt like we live out in boonies either.

Mety said:

Ah interesting. Thanks for that info!

moc said:
Mety said:

I guess it depends where you are in PS but we are between Irvine Blvd and Portola Pkwy and it takes us 5 minutes to drive to Woodbury (ok 8 minutes if you get stuck at the wrong signal :p). It takes me less than 15 minutes to drive to my office near the Spectrum (oh yeah and all that shopping and dining!). If this counts as outskirts than I think we are doing pretty good here in the outskirts!

Also, our neighborhood is quiet and filled with young families. There's nice trails and parks. What's not to like?

I can't lie it would be nice to have another plaza somewhere right in the middle of GP or PS for more variety and options (especially to have something we could walk to! what a dream). But also I have never felt like we live out in boonies either.

Between Irvine blvd and Portola pkwy is a good location! No doubt. I saw a house couple of months back on Pawprint which backed into Portola Pkwy and the backyard was super noisy but location was great.  My point was that it is far from the center of Irvine and the last community before entering lakeforest/foothill ranch so yeah thats outskirts in my book. Thats why the price per sft was lower than eastwood, orchard hills few years back. Ofcourse that is rapidly changing and the homes have greatly appreciated which is great for residents. However without commercial zoning in that area and more developments coming up  woodbury towncenter is the closest option for the usual stuff.

Mety said:
BR or other newer nice looking homes in other cities are sort of out of nowhere. They're next to factories, office buildings, jails, etc.
BR homes are just like PS homes. What you should have said is that Irvine villages generally have nicer surroundings.

CogNeuroSci said:
Mety said:
BR or other newer nice looking homes in other cities are sort of out of nowhere. They're next to factories, office buildings, jails, etc.
BR homes are just like PS homes. What you should have said is that Irvine villages generally have nicer surroundings.

YellowFever/CogNeuroSci keeps telling me what I should say and not say. Besides from what he wants me to say is pretty much the same thing I said here, he just needs to learn from IHO how to have a legit conversation. Don?t learn from eyephone, man. ;D That kinda style works maybe in a communist country. If you?re just messing around, that?s fine too. I?m here for you. For entertainment purposes only. 8)

CogNeuroSci said:
Mety said:
Besides what YellowFever, I mean CogNeuroSci wrote

This comment by Mety is highly offensive and incorrect.

Sorry I missed this. If you really feel offended that I keep calling you YF, then I'll stop. This is one of those things you can actually tell me or ask me what to do and I'll listen to you.

Back