New communities in Portola Springs

USCTrojanCPA said:
Congrats on the purchase CalBear, when are you guys moving in?  Let me know if you need any contractor referrals.  I have a great flooring and garage epoxy guy.

Thanks. We pretty much went all in on upgrades, even doing garage epoxy. It's truly turnkey.  ;D

The only things that we still need to do are solar panels and backyard landscaping. We're going to use Sunrun through Costco.

It's a drought... just put in pavers and throw in some succulents and call it a day. Or artificial turf... not all of us can afford a resort-like pool. :)

CalBears96 said:
Thanks. We pretty much went all in on upgrades, even doing garage epoxy. It's truly turnkey.  ;D

The only things that we still need to do are solar panels and backyard landscaping. We're going to use Sunrun through Costco.
Don't new constructions in CA all come with solar already? Or you are adding more capacity to existing setup?

OCPricedOut said:
CalBears96 said:

Don't new constructions in CA all come with solar already? Or you are adding more capacity to existing setup?

New developments in CA that start 2020 must have solar. Even though my home was built in 2021, the development itself started before 2020, so solar is not required.

irvinehomeowner said:
It's a drought... just put in pavers and throw in some succulents and call it a day. Or artificial turf... not all of us can afford a resort-like pool. :)

No more lawn for me. However, since we have a slope to the wall, I'm planning two layer retaining walls. The upper layer will have evergreens, most likely laurels, that will span the wall. Lower layer will be roses. And a wall fountain in front of the lower retaining wall, at the center of the wall. One side wall will have climbing roses and the other side wall (hidden away from view) will have a guava tree. Any remaining area will be pavers. We'll probably find some tiles matching our polished porcelain.

That's the plan, anyway.  ;D

CalBears96 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Enjoy your new place Cal.... now you get to be an Irvine home owner like me. :)

Thanks. Took care of all utilities, except for garbage. Don't remember which company. WM, I think.  ;D

Signed up with Google Fiber. I'm glad they included the white Wi-Fi routers because I need to put the main router in the Great room and my wife would have hated our black Netgear Wi-Fi Mesh sitting there. At least the white routers don't stand out against the white wall.

I got mine installed today. Its awesome. 900 mb upload and download consistently.

Danimal said:
CalBears96 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Enjoy your new place Cal.... now you get to be an Irvine home owner like me. :)

Thanks. Took care of all utilities, except for garbage. Don't remember which company. WM, I think.  ;D

Signed up with Google Fiber. I'm glad they included the white Wi-Fi routers because I need to put the main router in the Great room and my wife would have hated our black Netgear Wi-Fi Mesh sitting there. At least the white routers don't stand out against the white wall.

I got mine installed today. Its awesome. 900 mb upload and download consistently.

Yeah, I got about 900Mpbs for both upload and download too. I guess my house is so small that I only need the main router.  ;D But I guess I'll still put the point in the bedroom upstairs farthest away from the Great room.

INTRODUCING THREE NEW NEIGHBORHOODS IN A COVETED LOCATION WITHIN PORTOLA SPRINGS

Set amidst the picturesque backdrop of Loma Ridge, the highly-anticipated debut of Fiore, Azul and Cielo in Portola Springs is on the horizon. These home designs will feature volume ceilings, grand living areas with panoramic doors, flexible spaces and exceptional craftsmanship you have come to expect from Irvine Pacific.

?Moments from nature yet close to everyday conveniences including 15+ resort-style parks, miles of trails, award-winning schools and shopping, these homes will showcase the best that Irvine has to offer.

Attachments

• Portola Springs.jpg
    Portola Springs.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 177
Sysko said:
INTRODUCING THREE NEW NEIGHBORHOODS IN A COVETED LOCATION WITHIN PORTOLA SPRINGS

Set amidst the picturesque backdrop of Loma Ridge, the highly-anticipated debut of Fiore, Azul and Cielo in Portola Springs is on the horizon. These home designs will feature volume ceilings, grand living areas with panoramic doors, flexible spaces and exceptional craftsmanship you have come to expect from Irvine Pacific.

?Moments from nature yet close to everyday conveniences including 15+ resort-style parks, miles of trails, award-winning schools and shopping, these homes will showcase the best that Irvine has to offer.

Do you know whos the contact or when will the interest list open? I didn't get an email

lickmywalrus said:
Sysko said:

Do you know whos the contact or when will the interest list open? I didn't get an email

Just go to Irvine Pacific's website, then in the Neighborhoods tab, click on one of the 3 new communities under Portola Springs that you want to join the interest list, and it will bring you to the community. There's a "Join Interest List" tab on the top right corner.

Sysko said:

I'm just happy that finally IP put windows above their sliding doors in some of the high ceiling designs. Of course it's only in the largest and most expensive ones though -_-

Sysko said:

It'll be interesting to see how these sell. I'm guessing Azul and Cielo will start in the low-$2m's and Fiore in the mid-to-high $1m's. The first few phases will go fast - but will we return to the days of 2018 where each phase takes a little longer to sell with lender and design center credits dangled to get buyers into contract?

We went over to our new home today because we had washer/dryer delivery. Also moved in some smaller things. We found out from the neighbor next to us that the buyer across from us is planning to rent out his Bluffs 2 for $6,000. And when we went out for lunch, we saw "Open House" sign at the neighbor diagonal from us.

When we got back from lunch, we talked to the realtor. She told us that the buyer just bought in OH, so they're selling their Bluffs 1. So they bought it for $1.438M, which came with about $6k pre-selected upgrades. Then, they only upgraded flooring in kitchen, great room, and hallway to what looks like LVP. They didn't even have the decency of upgrading flooring in bedroom 4 (downstairs), also. It was really ugly seeing LVP meet carpet.

Anyway, according to the realtor, listing price is $1.8M. That seems VERY ridiculous to me considering the Bluffs 1 (same lot size) that IP just released went for $1.747M. I mean, I would understand if the buyer did it 3-4 months ago before the interest rate jumped and buyer interest hasn't waned, but $1.8M for a condo right now?  ;D

CalBears96 said:
We went over to our new home today because we had washer/dryer delivery. Also moved in some smaller things. We found out from the neighbor next to us that the buyer across from us is planning to rent out his Bluffs 2 for $6,000. And when we went out for lunch, we saw "Open House" sign at the neighbor diagonal from us.

When we got back from lunch, we talked to the realtor. She told us that the buyer just bought in OH, so they're selling their Bluffs 1. So they bought it for $1.438M, which came with about $6k pre-selected upgrades. Then, they only upgraded flooring in kitchen, great room, and hallway to what looks like LVP. They didn't even have the decency of upgrading flooring in bedroom 4 (downstairs), also. It was really ugly seeing LVP meet carpet.

Anyway, according to the realtor, listing price is $1.8M. That seems VERY ridiculous to me considering the Bluffs 1 (same lot size) that IP just released went for $1.747M. I mean, I would understand if the buyer did it 3-4 months ago before the interest rate jumped and buyer interest hasn't waned, but $1.8M for a condo right now?  ;D

I have 3 words for that realtor....NOT GONNA HAPPEN!  Having nice tasteful upgraded along with good staging go a long way in all kinds of markets, including one of that's cooling off. 

Is it this listing?
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/124-Poppyseed-92618/home/179805481

That staging is HORRIBLE, either do it right or don't do it at all.  And I love the written description, I would be fuming if I were the seller for this kind of effort on my realtor's part.  But yeah, this one will sit for a while until the price comes down.

CalBears96 said:

But they can get that NOW and know what interest rate will be now, not months down the road.

Right now in AZ, the reason there are so many houses on the market is the builders have put spec homes on mls. Ordinarily they would be snapped up with their new phase releases, but the model there is you get to pick the elevation and plan on any lot you want, plus options but u can't move in for months, maybe a year (permits are not even pulled until u pick all your options which is a month or more past putting down your deposit). As they get close to completion, buyers pony up full price plus whatever option the builder put in. So actually there are not nearly as many homes as it looks like on the market since so many won't be able to be moved into for a year. Unfortunately buyers won't get to pick options then. The resale market is doing just fine still. Months down the road? I suspect builders will pull back released homes and all that super supply that looks to be available will be sold but who knows in a year's time?

CalBears96 said:

Well, the price is high but what if it is still appealing to an FCB? They only buy new...might buy and keep it empty 😀
Lately started seeing quite a few Pregnant overseas Chinese women in the new neighborhoods of Irvine...restart of Birth tourism? It had stopped all together during the pandemic ...but with travel restrictions easing up this trend could be back , followed by FCB money to prop up Irvine prices. 
Wife/Mistress gives birth in US and likes Irvine so much that overseas husband is forced to buy property in Irvine no matter the price 😀.  I rarely see the husbands accompanying these women...usually an older lady is with them..., husbands must be busy making money back home.

USCTrojanCPA said:
CalBears96 said:

I have 3 words for that realtor....NOT GONNA HAPPEN!  Having nice tasteful upgraded along with good staging go a long way in all kinds of markets, including one of that's cooling off. 

Is it this listing?
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/124-Poppyseed-92618/home/179805481

That staging is HORRIBLE, either do it right or don't do it at all.  And I love the written description, I would be fuming if I were the seller for this kind of effort on my realtor's part.  But yeah, this one will sit for a while until the price comes down.

Yup, that's the one, Martin. My house is the one on the right side, in the back.  ;D

You're right about the staging. I was extremely unimpressed with it. Also, in the listing, it says lot size is 3000 sq ft, but that's FAR from the truth. The lot size for this house is 2633 sq ft. My wife was joking just now that she rounded it up to 3000 sq ft since it's larger than 2500.  ;D

Back