New Car

USCTrojanCPA said:
Irvine Dream said:
SoCal said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
It's nice and cushy but just too big for me...

Eternal bachelor?

Wrong topic but question for Martin

How is this possible in West Irvine? $539/sq ft and pending in less than 30 days?https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/7-Amargosa-92602/home/5857410

That's in North Park but yeah home prices are around $500/sf for smaller detached homes unfortunately.
For the amenities of NP doesn't this represent a good deal?

eyephone said:
best_potsticker_in_town said:
Does Costco quote online? I don't like to go into the dealer until I've got everything agreed to.

Yes, you have to go in for the Costco price.
When I used the costco program, the dealer emailed me the price. 

iacrenter said:
Here we are one year later and we have an official announcement by Tesla on their new roadster. I think it looks much better than the CGI render. More McLaren than Maserati. The numbers sound crazy: 0-60 in 1.9 seconds, Quarter mile in 8.9 seconds, top speed of over 250 mph, 600+ mile range, and only $200K. Paris, you better get ready to trade in your German muscle car.
http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a13792609/tesla-roadster-photos-info/
https://electrek.co/2017/11/17/new-tesla-roadster-halo/

roadster-front-58-1510914820.jpg

lnc said:
I must say, this Tesla Model S Coupe is a pretty good looking car.  To bad its not official and its only a design rendering.
http://carslane.com/tesla-model-s-coupe/

Tesla-Model-S-Coupe-4-810x439.jpg

Paris said:
Wow that Tesla does look really nice...when are they planning to come out with it?

id_rather_be_racing said:
It's a photoshop of the Gen 1 Tesla Model S.  I agree that they should either revive their original Roadster lineup, or maybe create a new coupe on the upcoming Model 3 platform.  Maybe that was Elon's plan all along, get a mass market EV out to the public and start making more compelling and fun EV cars

Sure the speed factor on the roadster is pretty impressive but how do you think it handles? Like on a track similar to Nurburgring? Would be interesting to see it on a track like that competing against say the Porsche 918 or P1. I still can?t get over a ?silent? racecar. I love hearing an engine roar!  ;D

Paris said:
Sure the speed factor on the roadster is pretty impressive but how do you think it handles? Like on a track similar to Nurburgring? Would be interesting to see it on a track like that competing against say the Porsche 918 or P1. I still can?t get over a ?silent? racecar. I love hearing an engine roar!  ;D

You'll be too busy screaming "Holy Sh*$!" as your car accelerates to care about the lack of sound ;)

Go to 4:05 in the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izhYXO9wKz0

Well look what showed up at the dealership for me...Paint To Sample (PTS) FTW!

Attachments

• IMG_2652.jpg
    IMG_2652.jpg
    800.1 KB · Views: 263
irvinehomeowner said:
I'm assuming you bought it (breaking your used car rule) because leasing is like throwing money in the toilet. :)

IHO - I hope your dont have expenses up the wazoo. It?s none of my business, but I hope you don?t live paycheck to paycheck.

The key is saving. My neighbor that is renting always have new cars. Maybe he should saved kept his previous decent car and save for a down payment for a house.

It?s the drive nice car, but don?t have nothing to show scenario.

I know you have your own place, but many people do not handle their finances.

eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I'm assuming you bought it (breaking your used car rule) because leasing is like throwing money in the toilet. :)

IHO - I hope your dont have expenses up the wazoo. It?s none of my business, but I hope you don?t live paycheck to paycheck.

Because you're a billionaire and you know more about money than all of us?

Relax Dave Ramsey, I always have qwertustin to help fund my buffet habit.

eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:

The key is saving. My neighbor that is renting always have new cars. Maybe he should saved kept his previous decent car and save for a down payment for a house.

It?s the drive nice car, but don?t have nothing to show scenario.

I know you have your own place, but many people do not handle their finances.

Ahh, the edit.

So you are David Ramsey.

Dude... you say so many obvious things here... of course everyone knows it's good to save.

But there are many scenarios where buying is not necessarily better than leasing (or renting).

How old is your phone? Based on your advice, you should still be using a Moto Razer. Is your computer still a 386?

Like it or not, cars are technology now, I'd prefer to drive one that has a 360 surround view camera, cross traffic backup warning, lane change assist, blind spot assist and all the other bells and whistles than a 7 year old one that won't connect to my phone properly. That extra cost is worth the safety and technology features.

And 3-4 years from now, battery/fuel tech will be more advanced and I would rather drive one of those cars.

You can stick with your 10-year old gas burner... I'll spend my money on always having a "new car" (hence the subject of this thread).

I?m regards to the phone. I got a great deal buying the new phone. ($800 off) It comes down to $400 for two phones.

If I did the Sprint lease plan I would pay for the phone and then return it once the contract is over or upgrade. BUT there is a secondary market for used phones. In a couple years I can sell my phone for $200-$400.

(I don?t use sprint it?s just used for an example. I think I explained their lease deal, but I might be wrong.)

Most cars have good mpg. I?m not sure if you drive a minivan.

eyephone said:
I?m regards to the phone. I got a great deal buying the new phone. ($800 off) It comes down to $400 for two phones.

If I did the Sprint lease plan I would pay for the phone and then return it once the contract is over or upgrade. BUT there is a secondary market for used phones. In a couple years I can sell my phone for $200-$400.

But why spend the $400? Just keep your old phones and spend nothing. Isn't that what you're telling me to do with a car?

Most cars have good mpg. I?m not sure if you drive a minivan.

Why would I continue to drive a fossil fuel car? Even if the electricity cost is the same as gas costs, I won't have to go to the gas station anymore (or not as often depending on what type of car).

Plus there is the benefit of the quieter, cooler electric drivetrain (with great torque/acceleration)... have you even driven an EV?

Again, why did you buy the new phone? Probably the same reason why people like to get new cars.

Back