New Builds with Large Lots

Large lots are great when you've got a neighborhood full of kids 2-12. Past that age it gets pretty quiet as they move on to High School events/sports/friends. Large lots with few kids in the area to use it seems a bit of a waste unless you entertain every week. That said, if you like yard work (as I do) then the larger the lot the better.

That PP home lot is yuuge. Would make a great place to plant a dozen or so orange and avocado trees, you know, like it used to be 15 years ago.

My .02c

76 cartwheel was offered at 1.394 at the opening. I doubt they get the asking price but minus flooring and landscaping, could still be a good return for a year's flip.

Maserson said:
76 cartwheel was offered at 1.394 at the opening. I doubt they get the asking price but minus flooring and landscaping, could still be a good return for a year's flip.

I wonder what?s percentage of Altair was bought in the early phases (or even now) for flipping purposes. The monthly costs for that community are hard to justify. 

Maserson said:

Even at 1.5mil would be pushing it for me...let's see what they was actually sells for, its way overpriced IMO.

Soylent Green Is People said:
Large lots are great when you've got a neighborhood full of kids 2-12. Past that age it gets pretty quiet as they move on to High School events/sports/friends. Large lots with few kids in the area to use it seems a bit of a waste unless you entertain every week. That said, if you like yard work (as I do) then the larger the lot the better.

That PP home lot is yuuge. Would make a great place to plant a dozen or so orange and avocado trees, you know, like it used to be 15 years ago.

My .02c

But don't they tell you not to eat anything grow out of that land in the legal contract?

Mety said:
Soylent Green Is People said:

My .02c

But don't they tell you not to eat anything grow out of that land in the legal contract?
Not in PP.  PP is the only safe non-toxic Great Park neighborhood.

USCTrojanCPA said:
akkord said:
irvinehomeowner said:
@akkord: Have you checked Altair? I'm assuming their lots are in the > 5000sft range. Something like this?
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/76-Cartwheel-92618/home/146201073

That yard still seems incredibly small to me still and for 1.7m for 3 bed and crazy HOA and MR, no thanks.  I'm currently on a bigger lot, just seeing what else is out there.

That yard looks like a side yard not a back yard.  haha

Wow you can see how the home being built behind looks right down into your business. Zero privacy whatsoever. We're used to it on the sides nowadays in Irvine but the back as well? You wouldn't even be able to enjoy being outside. That alone would make me pass on it.

That's what turn me off for these nice, huge homes, is the lack of yard space. There is an absolute zero privacy. So for 1.7 Mil. starting price and there is a gate, which I dislike, and you have no yard. It's not that I like to do garden, I like the buffer space that a big yard gives for privacy. If you shopping for homes and there is a nice yard vs. small yard I would take the large yard any days even I not much of a green thumb person. Pavillion Park, and some part of the Beacon Park that back to Irvine blvd gives you that in the same price range of 1.7 Mil

irvinehomeowner said:
akkord said:
Large lot yes, but I'm more of a fan of a regular rectangular ish large lot, I don't own enough cars to fill up that driveway so its a lot of wasted of space, but also gives you more of a setback from the street. 

Jantoven said:

But did you see that backyard? You can valet all your guests in the driveway and have a huge outdoor party.

If that sells for ask, is $500k #maxroi?

I have to imagine the ROI of that for the second buyer won't be great.  They bought it from the first seller without any landscaping, so they had to landscape that entire thing.  I can't imagine how much that might have cost, but I'm guessing to guess it was quite a bit, lol.

The first buyer, however, is the one who made out really well.  Bought for 1.3mil, sold for 1.6mil several months later without touching the landscaping.  I would say 300k in a few months qualifies as "MAX ROI" :p

Jantoven said:
irvinehomeowner said:
akkord said:
Large lot yes, but I'm more of a fan of a regular rectangular ish large lot, I don't own enough cars to fill up that driveway so its a lot of wasted of space, but also gives you more of a setback from the street. 

Jantoven said:

But did you see that backyard? You can valet all your guests in the driveway and have a huge outdoor party.

If that sells for ask, is $500k #maxroi?

I have to imagine the ROI of that for the second buyer won't be great.  They bought it from the first seller without any landscaping, so they had to landscape that entire thing.  I can't imagine how much that might have cost, but I'm guessing to guess it was quite a bit, lol.

The first buyer, however, is the one who made out really well.  Bought for 1.3mil, sold for 1.6mil several months later without touching the landscaping.  I would say 300k in a few months qualifies as "MAX ROI" :p

I was surprised they got what they did from the first resale.

Doesn't look like it's being lived in currently (nothing in the master closet). Maybe it's was bought by a FCB to stay when they were here on vacation (went from pending to sold in 10 business days so not likely someone who needed a loan).

Yuan appreciated 10% during that time, so maybe breakeven or not that bad even including property taxes.

I like that outdoor patio. (Doesn't look like they have a California room with the slider). Would be even better if they had a California room so the dust doesn't get all over the patio furniture.

akkord said:
I asked in another thread, but was pretty off topic, what's out there today?  Let's say 2500-3200 sf range home with large lots greater than 5000/6000 sf since I guess that would be considered large in Irvine.

In the 2000's when they build new construction, the model homes would often have larger backyards.  If you don't mind buying something built in the last decade, it's possible to find these on the market from time to time.

Back