New Buffalo Wild Wings in Lake Forest.

bltserv_IHB

I had been watching them build this place for weeks as I frequent the Peppino`s

over on the Irvine/Lake Forest border on Rockfield. Thats been a tough spot and

many restaurants have failed in that location over the years. Now the Corporation "BWLD"

gives this Restaurant slot a try.

So finally went over on Sunday with my son to catch part of the 1:00 PM game and

have lunch and a beer.

So here is the Review. Pro and Con style.

Pro:

Great sports bar TV setup. You can watch all the games and they did a great job setting up the TV`s

for easy viewing anywhere in the Bar/Restaurant.

Like 20 selections of beer on tap. Reasonable prices.

Great sauces on the wings going from mild to "Insane Hot"

Cons:

Service is still really poor and slow. Normal for a restaurant starting up a couple weeks ago.

If your into maintaining some personal space. This may not be your restaurant. They spent hours jamming every

inch of the restaurant with as many tables as was physically possible. Its elbow to armpit with the table next to you

in the bar area in particular.

Bring your own paper towels. They give you the cheapest napkins ever made. Using them is like using toilet paper

to get the sauce off your fingers. Nothing like little chunks of paper to get off your fingers while you eat.

Wings are like $ 7.99 for 7 pieces. And they are some of the smallest wings I have ever eaten. Nothing Buffalo

about these skinny little dudes.

Bring your ID. Now I expect my son to get carded. He looks only about 25. But when you card my obviously over 50

person its a little stupid. But these corporations need to protect themselves. So just card everybody. Hooters does this too.

I will give Buffalo Wild wings another go and try some of the other sauces and hope the service is better.

But how the stock for this company can be about $ 40.00 is beyond me. Your going to get much better food value

over at Wingstop or at even someplace more upscale like Yardhouse.

Anybody else try this place yet ?

[quote author="bltserv" date=1256780045]

Bring your ID. Now I expect my son to get carded. He looks only about 25. But when you card my obviously over 50

person its a little stupid. But these corporations need to protect themselves. So just card everybody. Hooters does this too.</blockquote>

Lately I've gotten this a lot myself.

me - <em>"Seriously?"</em>

them - "Yes, I need to see your ID."

me - "Thanks for making an old man happy, toots (or sport if it's a man)!"

I used to go to the same chain in Denver. But I went on the day when the wings were like 4 for $1 or something insane like that.

I went to BDubs (as it was known back in the 90s when it was named "Buffalo Wild Wings and Weck") every Tuesday for their 25 cent wing night when I studied at a Midwestern university. Love, love, love this place!! They had a honey mustard sauce that was da bomb! Don't get me started on their chips!!

I hope it's as good now as it was back then. Places like WingStop and Wingnuts are a piss poor substitute, IMHO.

Back