New Address not in Google Maps, Mapquest, etc

NASCAR24

My new address in SG is not showing in Google Maps.  I'm worried about not receiving my mail (UPS, Fedex, USPS).  Anyone here have any tips to help minimize any issues?  How long does it take for Google Maps to pick up a new address?  Thanks

Uh, what does google maps have to do with Fedex, and the postal service.  They have their own methods of delivering mail. You think they look at google maps?  If you are so worried, go get a PO Box.

Mail will be received just fine.  You can confirm that your address is in there by going to https://tools.usps.com/go/ZipLookupAction!input.action.  Your address will show up, because, like Frank said, Google and USPS (and FedEx & UPS) do not use the same address databases.  Google will eventually update within a few months and will add street view in approximately a year or so (that was the timeframe for the new Montecito streets).

You're right to be concerned.  It has been one of our biggest issues since moving into our new home in Las Ventanas. 

DO NOT ASSUME THE POST OFFICE WILL KNOW.  Even after the developers contacted them, we continued to have issues.  We had a piece of certified mail sent from within Irvine take three weeks to reach us.  I had to go pick it up at the Sand Canyon office and when I handed the delivery slip to the postal worker, he looked at it and said "Seedling???"  I had to explain that we were a new address.  The mail is pretty much OK, now, but we still get some stragglers and surprises.  FedEx/UPS seem to be more on top of it.

Also be careful in that many companies use large address databases and they will "autocomplete" or verify the address.  So, you'll change something online (bank account, etc.) and then go back to see that it has corrected the address to something else.  For example, ours is often changed to "Sterling" or "Sanderling," which are existing streets in Irvine.  Phone reps will also often struggle with this and have to get a manager to override it, after questioning several times whether your address is correct.  Delivery men will punch you into their GPS and go to the wrong part of town, as they often do the same thing.

It just requires a lot of attention. 

Most carriers will figure it out especially with this area having so much new construction. To help out though you can add your place to Google maps. Just hit the report a problem link on the bottom right. Put in the address and drop the pin where your place is. I'm not sure if it shows up right away, but it will eventually.

I'm definitely going to be mindful.  Luckily, most of my mail will continue to go to my parent's house.  My curiosity arose because when I spoke with a Directv representative they could not locate my address making my initial consultation a little difficult.  I know I'll be providing personal directions to numerous installers and delivery folks.

Back