New $376M Irvine property tax to upgrade aging IUSD schools

Would you support a 5bps ($480 on $1M home) property tax to upgrade facilities at aging IUSD schools

• Total voters
iacrenter said:
Why can't IUSD do the same thing will all the new TIC villages? Just add $300M-500M bonds to Eastwood, PS III-V, OH Neighborhood 3&4, GP later phases etc...

The way things are going MR is going to supplant mortgage as the biggest cost to home ownership in Irvine.

irvinehomeowner said:
So I guess the Legacy/Greenwood schools are going to be cutting edge futuristic from all those MR funds that haven't been spent at VoC.

Maybe qwerchete's kids will be riding TUSD funded hoverboards to school.

LOL...no chance.  Middle + HS budget for TUSD = $80-ish million.

Portola HS construction budget almost $300M.

Boom.

I remember when I looked up the TUSD bond for Columbus Square it was $5k a year for one house.

How many homes are there in CS?

What I really don't understand is how other states are able to build/maintain schools with their property taxes.  Sure, prop 13 may cap the annual increase, but the base price of properties in CA are a lot higher than other states.  Do things in this state really cost multiples more than in other states?  The numbers just don't seem to add up..

woodburyowner said:
What I really don't understand is how other states are able to build/maintain schools with their property taxes.  Sure, prop 13 may cap the annual increase, but the base price of properties in CA are a lot higher than other states.  Do things in this state really cost multiples more than in other states?  The numbers just don't seem to add up..

You gotta take care of the pensions first.

Well for one thing some states pay their teachers absolutely horribly and don't buy text books and make the teachers pay for the paper to Xerox everything............ calling my daughter..... please drop the AZ teaching job you had to take when the economy was bad and come back to Cali.

Back