neighbor privacy solutions

oceanmonkey

as most of us living in irvine with a tiny little backyard right next to our neighbor's home (zero lot), i want to know other than getting rich and buying a 10M home, how did you cope and solve the issue where your neighbor is peeking through their second floor window into your backyard?

Depending on what you look like, walk around naked.  If you aren't anything to write home about, I'm sure after a few times your neighbors will stop looking into your yard. 

Bullsback said:
Depending on what you look like, walk around naked.  If you aren't anything to write home about, I'm sure after a few times your neighbors will stop looking into your yard.

ok, other than buying 10M home or getting fat and ugly.

Hang these all over the yard, he should get the point.
foam-middle-finger-hand-1.jpg

aquabliss said:
Search out a home with no homes behind you.  They do exist and worth the premium.

thx aqua... but his solution is very similar to move to a 10M home where no neighbor is nearby. i can't move that easily, any other good advice? anyone ever used privacy shade or canvas to block neighbor's view/line of sight?

Typical Irvine CC&R prevents one from planting closer than 24" from the neighbor's Zero lot wall. The neighbor has the right to clear your landscaping if it gets in the way of painting and maintaining his exterior wall.

Build a covered patio or string wires to create a movable sunshade awning to block the neighbor sight line.

Just suck it up. It is all for the resale someday so in the meanwhile your suffering is all worth it.

oceanmonkey said:
aquabliss said:
Search out a home with no homes behind you.  They do exist and worth the premium.

thx aqua... but his solution is very similar to move to a 10M home where no neighbor is nearby. i can't move that easily, any other good advice? anyone ever used privacy shade or canvas to block neighbor's view/line of sight?

They are out there, and probably within your budget.  Every tract will have a few of these.

One solution that my neighbor across the street just implemented which I'm sure is not HOA approved is they put a shade sale between their panel slider and their cinder block wall.  This gives them privacy and effectively a patio cover all in one. 

I really hate the look of it but it accomplished it's purpose.

aquabliss said:
Happiness said:
Moon Valley Nursery, nearest location in HB, sells instant privacy hedges, installed:
http://www.moonvalleynurseryca.com/hedge-material.html

Have you used these guys before?  How were they?
Never used them before.  I saw their ad in my mailbox.  They caught my eye because they sell full sized hedge trees.  Most nurseries usually only sell 24" box trees which will take a few years of growing to provide privacy.

Happiness said:
aquabliss said:
Happiness said:
Moon Valley Nursery, nearest location in HB, sells instant privacy hedges, installed:
http://www.moonvalleynurseryca.com/hedge-material.html

Have you used these guys before?  How were they?
Never used them before.  I saw their ad in my mailbox.  They caught my eye because they sell full sized hedge trees.  Most nurseries usually only sell 24" box trees which will take a few years of growing to provide privacy.

bush will work as a privacy block only when this toy is not in play
http://amzn.com/B00SSZ5KPY

that gets me thinking, is it illegal to take picture/video someone's backyard?

Back