Need recommendation for plumber

What type of plumbing repairs?  Installation? Piping? General?  Need more info, but I can refer you depending on the job.

-IrvineRealtor

For me, it would be installation.  Getting a new kitchen faucet, instant hot/cold water dispenser, and a soap dispenser.

Does anyone have home warranties on their home even though they are not brand new anymore?

I added one to mine a few years back and I think I've broken even on the repairs vs. the annual cost (+ visit fees). What got me to buy one was when I tried calling a plumber to fix something and the prices they quoted were ridiculous.

Since then I've had the following repairs:

A/C service
Leaking shower head (they even cut into the drywall to resolder on a new elbow... and it just cost me the $30 visit fee)
Dishwasher
Garage Door

If you're handy, you don't need one but since I don't have the time to do the repairs myself and it can be a wide variety of items, I think we've benefited from the warranty.

irvinehomeowner said:
Does anyone have home warranties on their home even though they are not brand new anymore?

I added one to mine a few years back and I think I've broken even on the repairs vs. the annual cost (+ visit fees). What got me to buy one was when I tried calling a plumber to fix something and the prices they quoted were ridiculous.

Since then I've had the following repairs:

A/C service
Leaking shower head (they even cut into the drywall to resolder on a new elbow... and it just cost me the $30 visit fee)
Dishwasher
Garage Door

If you're handy, you don't need one but since I don't have the time to do the repairs myself and it can be a wide variety of items, I think we've benefited from the warranty.

This sounds cool.  Is it one of those used car auto warranty policy that I saw during day time television?  Is it expensive?

I use this company:

American Home Shield
www.ahs.com

They may not be the best but they have been doing it for quite a while and have decent service. You may have problems with the contractors they send out but if you do, you can request another. Realtors actually know which companies are good because they usually have to recommend a company to put 1-year warranty on their resales. As a new homeowner, the builder takes care of all your issues for the 1st year (or more depending).

I forgot what they charge but it's something like $200-400 a year depending on age and size of home. Not EVERYTHING is covered (the contract tells you the details) but most normal things are. The one thing that irritated me was although the garage door opener and the mechanism of the door was covered, the replacement springs were not so they charged me for that (and I would never attempt to do that work on a roll-up garage door myself).

Of course, your experience may differ but I have dealt enough with this company that I find the service sufficient and necessary. My previous home, they replaced my water heater, I had to pay some fee they had in the contract for it (something like $150) but that was much less than it was to buy my own and they delivered it  and installed it all inclusive.

Reviving an old thread...

Any plumber recommendation for piping and installation of water softner?

It looks like I will need to run about 40 ft of piping to install a water softner next to a drain.

Hired a general contractor to clean up my moldy under kitchen sink area and to install this

FF2AA7A5-2B52-45D8-A20D-5F8B95FE8FB3-2804-000001ABD9089F87_zps6b51e5f7.jpg

Any feedback on oil rubbed bronzed hardware?  My wife wanted brushed nickel but the darker bronze goes well with our dark granite.

I like it now.. but what about later?  Brushed nickel should have more lasting appeal.. Who knows.. oil rubbed aged bronze will be like brass in 10 years..  (I'm thinking of going with the dark bronze for all my faucets/shower)..  Saw alot of that in the models.

Just realized ill need a bronze air gap cover to match, anyone seen it at the local Home Depot or lowes?

$15 at the local Home Depot, they have to special order it though.. jeesh $15 for a piece of cheap metal..

FYI, if you go to Home Depot B&M and have them order it, they'll ship it to your home for free, no minimum, kinda like Kohls

ps9 said:
I like it now.. but what about later?  Brushed nickel should have more lasting appeal.. Who knows.. oil rubbed aged bronze will be like brass in 10 years..  (I'm thinking of going with the dark bronze for all my faucets/shower)..  Saw alot of that in the models.

Easy enough to change in the future, no problem. However, I'd ditch the soap pump. They all leak. The granite will stain. Would need to see the rest of the kitchen to know what looks better. In the model homes, they tie the colors in, to coordinate. Would need to see: sink color, cabinet color, counters, door hardware, walls, etc. I.e. The big picture. Some manufacturers do a copper tint to the O.R.B. which I don't like at all, but at least that doesn't have it.

I just did a goose-neck in the kitchen like yours. Like it for washing big things, but you do get a lot of splatter.

I'm doing spigots w/ waterfall effect in my double sink master vanity. Just bought two sets of these.:

566a1c61-930a-4a7e-b57c-b16ad9022f4f_300.jpg

Cute Martha Stewart vintage cup pulls for the drawers

d52b5a80-f26b-4452-9d61-42898316b18e_300.jpg

White cabinets / white counters / white backsplash / white sinks.

Back