NBA Playoffs

eyephone said:
qwerty said:
As usual, money talks. This was poorly planned, no plan. I don%u2019t really care for sports bringing in social justice into sports, but I understand why they do it.

The rumor is that the Milwaukee bucks players are looking to set up a meeting with the Wisconsin Attorney General.

You are right there was no plan. This is a harmless message by the NBA, WNBA, MLS, MLB, NFL players that there is a problem.

So far no response from Trump or Kanye.  ;)

Trump responded and said he doesn%u2019t know much about it, but he knows the NBA ratings are bad. What! Lol Sorry he is a joke!

Biden and Harris has spoke to the family of Jacob Blake.
And Kayne? (The Other presidential candidate - K to the ...)

boy that was fast...what happened to cancelling the whole season? folding less than 48 hours later is not how you gain credibility or make change  ;D

Kings said:
boy that was fast...what happened to cancelling the whole season? folding less than 48 hours later is not how you gain credibility or make change  ;D
There did make a change. Majority or not all of the nba teams will make the arena available for voting. (For the arenas owned by the team)

eyephone said:
Kings said:
There did make a change. Majority or not all of the nba teams will make the arena available for voting. (For the arenas owned by the team)

that's big in the battleground states.  Doesn't mean so much for CA, MA, and Toronto.

eyephone said:
Kings said:

You can vote by mail. So no real change.

As usual, money talked.  Just like LeBron shut up about China because it was going to hit them in the wallet. Now the players voted with their wallets is well. Which is what most of us would have done.

Driving real change can take a lot of sacrifice and most of us are too selfish to make the sacrifice. 

If they would have walked out on the rest of the season they said the owners would have lost anywhere from 700M to a billion and that would have led to the owners canceling their current CBA, which would have not ended up well for the players. So what did they do, take the money. It?s always about the money even when it?s not about the money.

Kings said:

My thoughts exactly

qwerty said:
eyephone said:
Kings said:

As usual, money talked.  Just like LeBron shut up about China because it was going to hit them in the wallet. Now the players voted with their wallets is well. Which is what most of us would have done.

Driving real change can take a lot of sacrifice and most of us are too selfish to make the sacrifice. 

If they would have walked out on the rest of the season they said the owners would have lost anywhere from 700M to a billion and that would have led to the owners canceling their current CBA, which would have not ended up well for the players. So what did they do, take the money. It%u2019s always about the money even when it%u2019s not about the money.

Vote by mail is questionable according to Trump. But if you vote by mail for Trump it is okay. Trump even voted by mail recently.
This is a big step. Because the recent primaries there are people waiting 7 plus hours to vote.

qwerty said:
eyephone said:
Kings said:

If they would have walked out on the rest of the season they said the owners would have lost anywhere from 700M to a billion and that would have led to the owners canceling their current CBA, which would have not ended up well for the players. So what did they do, take the money. It?s always about the money even when it?s not about the money.

No way they were going to cancel  the season, too much money at stake. As the saying goes, when someone says it's not about the money it always is about the money. Most of these athletes live paycheck to paycheck and would be in a world of hurt if they stopped getting paid.

qwerty said:
As usual, money talks. This was poorly planned, no plan. I don?t really care for sports bringing in social justice into sports, but I understand why they do it.

How long does it take to do your Woke selfie and go back to normal?

/cynicism

Interesting West semis... Lakers/Houston and Clips/Nugs.

Bucks down 0-2 to Miami? What?!? Looks like Butler was smart leaving Philly.

I think it's going to be the Celtics out of the East and as much as I want to see a Lakers/Celtics final... I'd like to see Clips fighting for their first ring ever.

Disappointed in the Clips.

At least I won't be conflicted during the West finals... go Denver!!!

Just kidding... I want LBJ to get another ring... and AD to get his first after trying to win in NO.

irvinehomeowner said:
Disappointed in the Clips.

You seem to enjoy backing losers:  The Clippers, Irvine real estate, etc

iu

Back