NBA 2016-2017

So funny when the Cavs lose and LBJ has a bad games all the haters come out to play.

Anyone want to bet against him for the series? How about just Game 4?

irvinehomeowner said:
So funny when the Cavs lose and LBJ has a bad games all the haters come out to play.

Sure, give me the 15pt spread.  :p

USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:

would have been a nail biter for you.  lol

jmoney74 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:

would have been a nail biter for you.  lol

I took 15.5pts and the under today....easy money.  Next game I'll take a 6pt teaser with Cleveland and the under.

Winning or losing rings doesn't care about the spread.

All those debates are rising up again about who is the greatest player.

Remember when you guys were so against me about LBJ? I think the last 6 years have proven he's more than an okay player.

Warriors are going to be very hard to beat though... they were so good before KD.

People are so fickle... Miami was nothing when LBJ and Bosh decided to join Wade and there was such an uproar... GS was already a championship team and then KD took his talents to the Bay and he didn't get as much vile thrown at him.

I understand KD's "decision", but I would have respected him more if he didn't choose the best team in the West to run to.

So how many more years are we going to see Warriors/Cavs finals?

hate that foul in the motion rule.  The refs called on half court shot a shooting foul and one non shooting foul.  Hope they fix that. 

Here are my theories:
A. The Warriors sweep the Cavs for the perfect playoff record.
B. If the Cavs win today then the next game will be played at GS. And there will be a lot of money that the team (GS) will not potentially make.
(An estimate $10,125,000 per game the Warriors will not make if the warriors sweep the Cavs figure by ESPN article link below. That is the net amount which includes the NBA 25 percent cut.)http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...warriors-sweep-bottom-line-not-look-wonderful

eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
So more conspiracy theory tonight or is KD going to get his ring?

4 sure?  :)

Honestly, I think Kerr brought that loss for them.  I think Mike Brown would've gotten the win for them.  Late game adjustments were awful on Kerr's part

End of 3rd quarter they were down maybe 15-16.  Lebron is sitting at this point to start the 4th.  I think Mccaw or something make 2-3 baskets.  Down 11.  But Curry and Durant are still sitting.  That was the time to bring one or both back with Lebron resting.  But Kerr likes to be cute with lineups which works in regular season but not as well in playoffs.  Tyron lue in comparison takes no chances, gets Lebron right back in after this run.

I actually think Mike Brown is a terrible terrible coach...I still remember his stint with the lakers, but his lineup changes are more suitable for this warriors team since they are so talented.  Brown trusts no one else besides his regular rotations guys and plays them heavy minutes (remember him in Cavs?)  He lets guys he trust "play through" it and offers little to no adjustments mid game, which is perfect for this GOAT offense team.  Because he doesn't trust his other guys, He'll always stagnant curry and Durant and plays them together often too.  He'll spam the Durant curry pick and roll for multiple possessions (if it works he'll stick with it until it doesn't) whereas Kerr will want to go back to his passing offense which results in many turnovers like last game.

Kerr is a mastermind at bringing that offense to golden state and getting those guys to buy in, but ever since his 1st year (back problems) he's not been the same I think.  Game 7 last year, I truly think warriors win if he doesn't give major minutes to ezeli/varajao (purely idiotic) or even Harrison barnes etc.  Mike brown *if he was coach* would've never played that stupid lineup and would've just played his 6-7 guys all game and just trust them.  I think they would've pulled it off last year IMO

So KD has his ring... even had a commercial from Nike telling everyone to shut their face.

LBJ claims he wasn't on a super team (heh).

GSW will win for the next X years.

Lakers will still suck.

Clippers will never go far in the playoffs unless LBJ signs with them.

PG13 and Butler are over rated.

Sounds like Kerr finally channeled his inner Mike Brown and rode his lineup into victory.  Seems Warriors are going to win a few in a row.  Adjustments for next year?  I think Kevin Love might've played his last game for the Cavs.  It's obvious they need another scorer and a defender on KD (assuming a rematch)... a Paul George or Carmelo is what they need I think seeing yesterday's game.  You probably need to trade Love to get Paul George (he has lower value since he might bolt).  Carmelo is definitely cheaper, might just cost Tristan Thompson though they will miss his rebounding.  They should try to trade shumpert/jr smith/korver etc and see if Phil bites on Carmelo to get rid of him. 

The only other contender possibly is if Celtics get Gordon Hayward as a free agent.  But I don't see how it's not another warriors vs cavs again next year.  Lakers are def gonna suck still.  Balll vs Jackson seems like the pick. 

KD got his ring, but his decision to join a 73-win team means he chose the EASY path to the ring.  And in doing so, the NBA lost a lot of its excitement.  For those reasons, I can't respect his choice. 

He's the 2nd best player in the game and he decided to join the best team in the league, and his OKC rival that he lost to.  That would be like Chris Webber joining the Lakers in 2002 after the Kings lost to LA in 7 games.  If CWebb won a ring w/ the Lakers the following year, would you respect him more?  Would that have changed his legacy?  I doubt it. 

I agree with paydawg.

That's why it was weird when Malone and Payton joined the Lakers... and even when Shaq signed with Boston.

I am happy for KD, he's a good guy and deserve it.  He played great in the finals as did LeBron.  LeBron basically put his own team together so let's see what he's going to recommend be done for next season. 

So now that Phil is done in NY, does that mean Porzingas stays with the Knicks?

Butler now in Minnesota, that team looks good.

So is PG13 going to be a Pacer in the next few days?

July 1 is going to be crazy... although not sure what will top the CP3 trade.

irvinehomeowner said:
So now that Phil is done in NY, does that mean Porzingas stays with the Knicks?

Butler now in Minnesota, that team looks good.

So is PG13 going to be a Pacer in the next few days?

July 1 is going to be crazy... although not sure what will top the CP3 trade.

I'll speculate that Boston might push for Hayward and Blake Griffin, and if they fail to land two free agent All Stars, they'll then over-pay to rent PG13. Larry Bird is still advising the Pacers. He would much rather send PG13 to the Celtics for a pick or two and a marginal player, than to the Lakers for a couple marginal players. McHale sent KG to Boston for a bag of chips. Just sayin'. The rivalry is real.

Back