My son got hurt at Quail Hill Community Center class!

Also, the teacher was saying thah the kid is usually nice and never had these issues..... she keeps defending the kid that did wrong and isn't feeling any compassion for us.... I don't even think she said sorry to us now that I think about it....

Don't think this is normal......

Delay the meeting.

1. Did you take your son to the doctor? (To check if damage was done to the eye)
2. Did your son behavior change after the incident? (Is he afraid of other people? Does he need to see a doctor for this?)
3. After the results of the above. I would then schedule a meeting with the parents. (Maybe skip step 2.) Then give the parents an invoice the cost of the doctor visit. (Optional)

I don't know all the facts just from what you told us. Maybe I'm over reacting, but from the pictures it doesn't look good.

Another question to ask: Is the scratch on your son's face going to leave a permenant scar? I would see a specialized doctor for that.

I'd probably call the police (youth) and have them join the meeting as well...to show your intent and how serious you are.  I hate to sound American but I'd sue the kid and his parents as well.  Best of luck

Yuchiy2 said:
She doesn't want to get in trouble that's probably why she is blaming the victim.... sad....

What did the teacher say your child was doing when the other boy hit him with a car and pushed him down?

SoclosetoIrvine said:
I'd probably call the police (youth) and have them join the meeting as well...to show your intent and how serious you are.  I hate to sound American but I'd sue the kid and his parents as well.  Best of luck

I'm pretty sure they agreed to this when they signed up:

In consideration of accepting this registration and to the extent permitted by law, I hereby agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless on behalf of myself (and any minor children for whom I have the capacity to contract) the City of Irvine and its officers, clients, agents and employees from and against any and all liabilities, claims, penalties, losses, or expenses (including attorneys? fees), of any kind or nature whatsoever, whether related to bodily injury, property damage or any other form of injury or loss to myself (and to any minor children for whom I have the capacity to contract), caused by any negligent act or omission of the City of Irvine or its officers, clients, agents or employees, arising out of or in any way related to participation in the activity for which I (and any minor children for whom I have the capacity to contract) am registering. I  acknowledge  that  the  activity  to  which  this  release  applies  can  be  dangerous,  and  as  a  result  of  signing  below,  I  am  accepting  those  risks  for  myself  and  for  any  minor participants for whom I can contract.

Just playing.

Everyone was just playing. The kids finish their paper work and the teachers were getting ready to go on to the next activity. She said it happened within like 2 minutes that they weren't watching the kids.

We are concerned about how the teachers handled this not so much the kid. We know kids sometimes get aggressive etc...

peppy said:
SoclosetoIrvine said:

I'm pretty sure they agreed to this when they signed up:

In consideration of accepting this registration and to the extent permitted by law, I hereby agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless on behalf of myself (and any minor children for whom I have the capacity to contract) the City of Irvine and its officers, clients, agents and employees from and against any and all liabilities, claims, penalties, losses, or expenses (including attorneys? fees), of any kind or nature whatsoever, whether related to bodily injury, property damage or any other form of injury or loss to myself (and to any minor children for whom I have the capacity to contract), caused by any negligent act or omission of the City of Irvine or its officers, clients, agents or employees, arising out of or in any way related to participation in the activity for which I (and any minor children for whom I have the capacity to contract) am registering. I  acknowledge  that  the  activity  to  which  this  release  applies  can  be  dangerous,  and  as  a  result  of  signing  below,  I  am  accepting  those  risks  for  myself  and  for  any  minor participants for whom I can contract.

Release from liability clauses can be challenged.

For example: if the person working was on social media or on the phone

I can pull him out. We have to talk to them.
Just because we signed the liability doesn't mean i can overlook this. My son got hurt badily and teachers don't care either... maybe because of the liability form they think they can be irresponsible and parents can't do anything about it. My son got hurt and I can't just overlook this.

jajji said:
daedalus said:
A paper cut?  I wouldn't want anyone that stupid teaching my child.

This.

The little bloody spot would have been there, the pinkish scrape and raised welt can take a bit to show up.

Sorry it happened to your son, glad to see and hear it appears to just by a skin scrape and not damage to the eye.

I'd be more concerned if after calling the parents in and seeing that the 'cut or something' is turning into a fairly good size scrape down the face that they didn't have the concern to dig in with the kids to see what happened. 

Over-all what are your goals for this situation going forward?  Your initial post said no one seems to be taking it seriously, so I guess I'm asking what actions do you want them to be taking?

Just an update....

I went to QHCM and talked to the coordinator there.
He listened to what happened and addressed my concerns very seriously.
He told me that particular class is not lead by city of Irvine but by contractors.
We ended up working on a injury report as well as a incident report which will be send to the supervisors and a few other people.
The coordinator wanted me to also email him what happened along with any pictures I have of my son's injury and we will go from there.

I'm glad I talked to the coordinator. I really hope they make sure they find the right people to teach our children.... and make improvents.

Back