My new favorite cheapie white

stepping_up_IHB

Ok, there's food wine and there's quaffable plonk. I really like white sippers and I have new fave for under $5. TJ's has a Vermentino for $4.99. I was leary because I've never seen a Vermentino for under $10 and a decent one is going to be closer to $20, but I was very pleasantly surprised with the Epicuro they just got in. In additon to this lovely Italian white, they also have an Orvieto for $4.99, which again is rare to find under $10, so I found this D'Aquino enjoyable for the price. Hubby still prefers the Cellier du Rhone for $4.99 at TJ's, but I'm quite pleased with these two new additions.

Also, TJ's on 17th has the Amaicha Torrontes back, which usually only lasts for a few months. For a Torrontes, it's not very good. For plonk at $1.99 it beats the crap out of that two buck chuck crap. I'm hopeful for another Argentinian new comer white at TJ's that I havent opened yet... Fuerza white, which is a blend of Torrontes and Chardonnay for $3.99. The Argentines don't typically over oak their chards so hoping that the blend with the Torrontes will make it a nice crisp sipper. Anyone tried it yet?

Back