Mulberry in CV or Mendocino at SG

IrvineHousewife said:
Hi Bella,

My husband and I are also on the list hoping for a plan 1. We actually saw that the list was five pages long about 3 weeks ago, but a lot of people are waiting for larger models. Does the CV sales office keep you updated? It's been such a nightmare trying to get information from them and stay on top of things. Every time we go in (and we've been A LOT) they act like they've never seen us before. We have little confidence in them so we're still persuing a search in QH and Woodbury.

When did you get pre-approved? We have heard nothing so far. I suppose we should start email spamming them.

Casero contacted us about a plan 3 that was available since we were on that list too but we are passing on it. They are asking 863k and we don't feel it's worth the price. These markups are huge...when we first looked at Casero the homes were in the low 700s. If Mulberry keeps creeping upwards that doesn't look good either, especially if we don't get called for another few phases.

bella said:
IrvineHousewife said:
Hi Bella,

My husband and I are also on the list hoping for a plan 1. We actually saw that the list was five pages long about 3 weeks ago, but a lot of people are waiting for larger models. Does the CV sales office keep you updated? It's been such a nightmare trying to get information from them and stay on top of things. Every time we go in (and we've been A LOT) they act like they've never seen us before. We have little confidence in them so we're still persuing a search in QH and Woodbury.

When did you get pre-approved? We have heard nothing so far. I suppose we should start email spamming them.

Casero contacted us about a plan 3 that was available since we were on that list too but we are passing on it. They are asking 863k and we don't feel it's worth the price. These markups are huge...when we first looked at Casero the homes were in the low 700s. If Mulberry keeps creeping upwards that doesn't look good either, especially if we don't get called for another few phases.

From my experience...if they need you...they will contact you.  If they don't, it means they have plenty of buyers.  You do want to make yourself readily available though....we snuck in in Saratoga because someone backed out and we were the first one there with a deposit check.  Probably helps to be a little annoying.

IrvineHousewife said:
Good one, no we're not so can't use that excuse. We just don't walk around carrying suitcases of cash.

That's why.  FCB goes to the front of the list.  Everyone else they ignore.

Bella,

We were pre-approved in late May. You?

We're in the same boat, the prices going up along with the interest rate have us pretty skeptical that we'll be able to get one. We're actively looking at Woodbury and Quail Hill in the meantime, but the inventory is jpretty low and what is trickling out is unimpressive. Good luck to you Bella. Keep me updated should you hear anything from CV and I'll do the same.

I was told that the Mulberry's priority list are combined with Magnolia's.  OnQ put entire pre-approved buyer from both Mulberry and Magnolia together on the same list.  Even if list is several pages long, a lot of people on the list is not for Mulberry.  I was on the middle of 2nd page of the list and got an offer a home for Mulberry phase 1 on May 24  and a phase 2 of Magnolia home 1 week later.  I turn in my application on April 24 and got pre-approved on the May 1st.

If you visit Mulberry, one sales person you should try to meet is Jason.  He is one of senior sales that actually call people on the list.  Maybe let him know you might help. There's another senior person, but she's always busy in her office and rarely travel out of her office. 

Other sales staff are just there to help and they don't have anything to do with the priority list so don't waste too much time on them.  And this is probably why they are not trying very hard to remember the customers.

Hope this help.

Funny you mention Jason, he's the one we've sat in an office with on multiple occasions and he still shakes our hands and says "nice to meet you" each time we come in. I'm sure they see a lot of people each week.

We've had a far better experience with Dylan from OnQ who is in the sales office on the weekends. He's provided so much more information than Jason.

Thanks for the info on the list merge. That's really helpful!

Back