Mulberry at Cypress Village

Chairman said:
Didn't know about the extension lot. Which homes are part of that? That is a bit annoying. How much extra do you think they up charged for that? Why can't they just have bigger lots in general. A few extra feet for everyone... sigh.

Phase 5 through phase 15 are in the extension lot. 

The price increases slightly at each consecutive phase but I don't think builder charge extra specifically for these larger lot at the extension site.  Phase 16 and later phases are back to the first site and these home are selling slightly higher prices than those of extension site.

The entire extension site is exactly same size and dimension as Laurel's site and when they divided up lots for these wide-shallow lot,  it just happen these lots are 2 feet deeper.

5ft setback? WTF are you talking about? the extension has a 16ft setback vs 14ft. It does have a 5ft side yard ,which is standard in all new developments in Irvine.
Also, the definition of a detached condo has absolutely nothing to do with its lot size. I think we will all appreciate it if you can get your facts straight before posting.

gasman said:
The extension lots were not much better...a 7ft setback vs. 5ft.  Technically they are detached condos in the rest of the world, but in Irvine they are SFR.

To answer your other question...why give bigger lots when the smaller ones are selling like hotcakes?  These areas (CV, SG, etc.) are tract home suburbia...if you want bigger lots, look in north tustin, or better yet, villa park.  You'll get 15K square foot lots easy.

Could of used an extra 2 feet on the side of the house where the gate is. The trash cans barely fit and a big person would have trouble walking through since they also put the A/C unit over there. Poor planning for sure.

irvineguy said:
5ft setback? WTF are you talking about? the extension has a 16ft setback vs 14ft. It does have a 5ft side yard ,which is standard in all new developments in Irvine.
Also, the definition of a detached condo has absolutely nothing to do with its lot size. I think we will all appreciate it if you can get your facts straight before posting.

Once you add in the extra bedroom/office/dog wash/cali garage, it's a 5ft setback from the rear wall.  You're right, detached condo has nothing to do with lot size...has everything to do with setback with the property line.  Just reinforces my point. :)

gasman said:
Once you add in the extra bedroom/office/dog wash/cali garage, it's a 5ft setback from the rear wall.  You're right, detached condo has nothing to do with lot size...has everything to do with setback with the property line.  Just reinforces my point. :)

Actually, no. The definition of a detached condo, once again, has nothing to do with the setback or the property line. It's defined by the ownership of the building's lot, exterior maintenance responsibility, etc. For example, you can have a detached condo as big as you want, with as much setback as you want, and you maintain your own yard, building exterior, and everything - but you just don't own the ground beneath.  But to say that a detached condo is characterized by having "5ft setbacks" is misinforming people.

I had thought there were homes that were classified as detached condos but you also owned the land, the difference between it and an SFR is that the HOA owned/maintained the common areas.

irvinehomeowner said:
I had thought there were homes that were classified as detached condos but you also owned the land, the difference between it and an SFR is that the HOA owned/maintained the common areas.

Yes you can absolutely own the land. My previous post was to point out that property line does not define detached condos, but rather by the exterior maintenance responsibility and/or ownership of the land, etc.  I fixed it so it's more clear.

Detached condos have no lot lines.  Thats what differentiates it from a SFR.  This was discussed to death already.  Search.

thelandofnoland said:
test said:
Detached condos have no lot lines.  Thats what differentiates it from a SFR.  This was discussed to death already.  Search.

Not necessarily. Have you thoroughly looked at all of the tracts, Test? Terrazza has distinct lot lines around each and every unit, but they are still detached condos due to all of them being owned by a separate owner. Lot lines don't matter. Setbacks also don't matter (as Amerige Heights shattered the idea that a 1' side setback is not a SFR). Driveways clearly don't matter.

Also, don't assume that all detached condos are smaller than SFRs. There's over $5 million detached condos in Newport Coast and nearly $2.5 million new detached condos in Playa Vista.

You're right.  Each unit has its own lot.  The original plan called them detached condos.

ibmaaa.jpg

Terazza on left Strada on right.

m8zo7l.jpg

Chairman said:
Could of used an extra 2 feet on the side of the house where the gate is. The trash cans barely fit and a big person would have trouble walking through since they also put the A/C unit over there. Poor planning for sure.

I've park one of trash can between the two a/c condensers (if you have optional gyn/playroom, you get a second a/c condenser) and another at the corner of the yard and it works pretty well.  At first, I try to place one of trash can between the side gate and A/c but it's pretty crowed.  One neighbor told me this is how he did it and it works for me too. 

Attachments

• side yard.jpg
    side yard.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 382
irvinehomeowner said:
Not wide enough for IHO.

Are those the biggest cans? Looks like the medium ones.

Yes, those trash can are the medium size one.

If you really are super wide then it would be a good excuse for not able to take the trash out if you live in a home like this.  It's skinny wife's job to do it. ;)

Back