Moving to MENDOCINO in Stonegate any advice?

BuddyLeo

Moving to Mendocino in the Stonegate neighborhood in spring of 2014.  Just looking for any advice or tips and to see if any Mendocinoites are on here as well.  We've done minimal upgrades and plan on doing flooring, window blinds / shutters, backyard and garage floor on our own... or 3rd party.  We did opt for recessed lighting, ceiling fans, pendant lights, full back splash to level 3 granite and the stained staircase & newel posts (something they do not show online for some reason)  Would love to hear if you have any advice or tips from what you've learned throughout your process.  Thank you.

(attached is a photo of the stained staircase, newels and baseboard up the stairs)

Attachments

• stairs_2XF.jpg
    stairs_2XF.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 197
BuddyLeo

Congrats and Wish you all the best. There are lot of productive information(jus' ignore some negtaive posts) in this forum about upgrades with IP/outside IP. Jus search for Lucky/PS9/Tyler posts and you will find tons of information.

You did the right thing by opting for all electrical upgrades as it will be tedious after you move in.

Flooring - Venetian Flooring has got good reviews in yelp as well as here.

Shutters/Drapes - Window Decorators/ Shutters King

Tyler Durden said:
weird... when i click the picture attachment, i get a 404 error.
I have a feeling zovall might have done a server move with the issues the site has been having recently. If you notice, many of our avatars are broken (I just fixed mine a few minutes ago).

Why is your avatar smaller now? Was it on purpose or did something with the site change?

Aww. My "Awesome Face" is missing.

SoCal said:
Why is your avatar smaller now? Was it on purpose or did something with the site change?

Aww. My "Awesome Face" is missing.
It was the only one I could find. Last time I just used the one you posted... couldn't find it.

I do think it was an overnight server change and usually links to user images break with that.

Iho, did you get this message when you tried to upload your avatar pic? I can't get Awesome Face back. I only get this. No idea what it means:

"An Error Has Occurred!
The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved."

BuddyLeo said:
Moving to Mendocino in the Stonegate neighborhood in spring of 2014.  Just looking for any advice or tips and to see if any Mendocinoites are on here as well.  We've done minimal upgrades and plan on doing flooring, window blinds / shutters, backyard and garage floor on our own... or 3rd party.  We did opt for recessed lighting, ceiling fans, pendant lights, full back splash to level 3 granite and the stained staircase & newel posts (something they do not show online for some reason)  Would love to hear if you have any advice or tips from what you've learned throughout your process.  Thank you.

(attached is a photo of the stained staircase, newels and baseboard up the stairs)

- Whole House Insulation
- AP-S3AP-2065 Upgraded Appliance Package Stainless
- AP-S3AP-2070 Upgraded Appliance Package Dual Fuel Range Stainless Steel (pricey $6960.00 but you will get a gas oven all other options come with electric oven)
- EL-S3EL-2000 Fluorescent 2-Bulb 4' Light In Garage On Existing Switch (Includes Fixture)

C300 said:
BuddyLeo said:

- Whole House Insulation
- AP-S3AP-2070 Upgraded Appliance Package Dual Fuel Range Stainless Steel (pricey $6960.00 but you will get a gas oven all other options come with electric oven)
- EL-S3EL-2000 Fluorescent 2-Bulb 4' Light In Garage On Existing Switch (Includes Fixture)

I think we're past the Insulation phase.  I think I am ok with the electric oven for now.  The upgrade package has gone up since you probably bought:  Option No: AP-S3AP-2070  Option Price: $7,381.00  It's beautiful but not in our price range right now.  THANKS for the advice though!!

Attachments

• IPMendocino_AppliancePackage_AP-S3AP-2070.jpg
    IPMendocino_AppliancePackage_AP-S3AP-2070.jpg
    689.7 KB · Views: 150
BuddyLeo said:
C300 said:
BuddyLeo said:

- Whole House Insulation

I think we're past the Insulation phase.  I think I am ok with the electric oven for now.  The upgrade package has gone up since you probably bought:  Option No: AP-S3AP-2070  Option Price: $7,381.00  It's beautiful but not in our price range right now.  THANKS for the advice though!!

Wait...there is no mid-level upgrade?

AP-S3AP-1525 Standard Appliance Package in Stainless Steel    <= Standard
Includes:
Whirlpool Gold 30" Combination Microwave-Wall Oven
WOC95EC0AS
Whirlpool Gold 36" Gas 5-Burner Cooktop G7CG3665XS
KitchenAid 36" Wide Stainless Steel Hood KXU4236YSS
Whirlpool Gold Tall Tub Dishwasher WDT710PAYM

AP-S3AP-2065 Upgraded Appliance Package Stainless
KitchenAid 30" Built-In Microwave/Oven Combination KEMS308SSS
KitchenAid 36" Commercial-Style Gas Cooktop KGCU467VSS
KitchenAid Superba Series Dishwasher KUDE40FXSS
KitchenAid KXW8736YSS 36" Wall-Mount Canopy Hood
Whirlpool UXB0600DYS 600 CFM Internal Blower

AP-S3AP-2070 Upgraded Appliance Package Dual Fuel Range Stainless Steel
KitchenAid 30" Built-In Microwave/Oven Combination KEMS309BSS
KitchenAid Superba Series Dishwasher KUDE40FXSS
KitchenAid KDRS467VSS Commercial-Style Dual Fuel KitchenAid KXW8736YSS 36"
Commercial-Style Series Wall-Mount Canopy Hood

AP-S3AP-2090 Upgraded Appliance Package 2nd Oven Under Cooktop
Whirlpool Gold? Series Dishwasher with Sensor Cycle Model # WDT710PAYM
Oven with Convection Model #WOC95EC0AS
Whirlpool? 5.0 cu. ft. Single Wall Oven With Extra-Large Window Model # WOS51EC0AS
Flex Power? Burner Model # G7CG3665XS
KitchenAid? 36-Inch 600 Series Under-the-Cabinet Hood Model # KXU4236YSS

BuddyLeo said:
C300 said:
BuddyLeo said:

- Whole House Insulation

I forgot to mentioned - you should skip  GA-S3GA-1000 Keyless Entry Pad At Garage Door and get this after you move in

http://www.liftmaster.com/lmcv2/pages/productmodeldetail.aspx?modelId=9570

This revolutionary new accessory features built-in MyQ? technology that connects to the Internet and allows you to monitor and operate your garage door opener or gate operator, or turn on or off lights in or around your home, from anywhere in the world by using your smartphone or computer. It utilizes a two-way communication system that puts freedom and control in your hands.

There are levels for the appliances.

Standard Appliance Package in Stainless Steel As Shown in Plan 1 = $0.00
Upgraded KitchenAid Appliance Package in Stainless Steel with Pro Cooktop = $1,323.00 
Upgraded Appliance Package Dual Fuel Range Stainless Steel As Shown in Plan 2 = 7,381.00 
Upgraded Appliance Package in Stainless Steel with 2nd Oven Under Cooktop As Shown in Plan 3 = $1,429.00

BuddyLeo,

I don't know about you but anything that use a lot of electricity scared me.  Between 3 boys and wife cooking,  we're constantly hitting Tier 4 ( .31 x kWh) with a monthly usage of 850 kWh and that cost me close to $200 a month. Now that the San Onofre is gone for good, SCE will going to charge us more in the near future.  I'm currently getting quotes to go Solar. Hopefully the boss will sign off on it. :)

BuddyLeo said:
There are levels for the appliances.

Standard Appliance Package in Stainless Steel As Shown in Plan 1 = $0.00
Upgraded KitchenAid Appliance Package in Stainless Steel with Pro Cooktop = $1,323.00 
Upgraded Appliance Package Dual Fuel Range Stainless Steel As Shown in Plan 2 = 7,381.00 
Upgraded Appliance Package in Stainless Steel with 2nd Oven Under Cooktop As Shown in Plan 3 = $1,429.00

Go with the midrange upgrade...you don't want an electric oven.

Back