Mover recommendation

ps9 said:
The next Olympic event:  4 men Moving Competition

Will the Russians go for gold?  Can the Viets secret pho warm up routine deliver?  Or the perennial favorite Mexicans dominate the field with their shrink wrap soccer ball?

Stay tune..
Mission Movers are American... guaranteed gold. :)

bones said:
RCV said:
We used incredible movers twice and was not really happy with them:

1.  On our first move, I wasn't around to manage the move.  I noticed that the boxes were misplaced despite being properly labeled.  Those that were supposed to go to the storage were in the house and vice versa.  So we ended up working past midnight moving boxes after we were supposed to already moved.  Then I thought, this is probably my fault because I should have been around.  So on our next move which was in less than 6 months, I gave them the benefit of the doubt and hired them again..

2.  This time, I was around.  Apparently, Incredible Movers subcontracted with ABC movers.  They came in and the person in-charge was such a whiner! They were so slow that my husband and I ended up helping them just to speed up the process.  One bedroom for 5 hours in less than 2 miles move?  Really, 5 hours? When all of our boxes were nicely packed and organized?  Not only that, I was really annoyed with the person in-charge - Alex.  Our bed is only a queen but the frame is adjustable recline so it is really heavy.  When he saw the frame, he started ranting about how are they supposed to bring it to the 2nd floor, and that it wont fit the stairs etc -- when they haven't even seen the home we were moving into!  My guess is, since we were moving from a one bedroom apartment, they probably thought we were moving into an equally small house! I was really upset.

Fortunately, they did not break anything.  I chose Incredible Movers because they have great reviews on yelp.  Apparently, you just have to be lucky.

Did you get a Russian crew?  Your 2nd experience sounds very similar to ours.  They complained about having to take apart and put together our beds and in general, complained about all the stuff we had.  But they did take care to wrap and move our furniture so that's why I was OK happy with them.

Yes! They are Russians.

ps9 said:
The next Olympic event:  4 men Moving Competition

Will the Russians go for gold?  Can the Viets secret pho warm up routine deliver?  Or the perennial favorite Mexicans dominate the field with their shrink wrap soccer ball?

Stay tune..

C'mon ps9 - no one beats the Mexicans at hard labor. We will take the gold

We used All Knight Moving twice - once to move a washer, dryer and refrigerator from my wife's second story condo, and a second time to move from our condo to our new home. Their prices were reasonable (cheaper too if you are able to move on a weekday) and we thought that they did a good job - no damage to walls or to our belongings.

The only complaint is that, on the first move (where we had to move the washer, dryer and refrigerator), they were tied up on a prior job and showed up to our job several hours late (I had to call the owner about 20 minutes after our appointment, but he kept me apprised from there on out). Since my wife had already sold her condo, she had also shut off the electricity. Since the crew showed up late, it was dark by the time they arrived, which meant that they had to move that stuff in the dark. However, even though they had to move in the dark, they did a great job - took great care to make sure they didn't scratch floors, walls, or our belongings. They also cleaned up after themselves, and were extremely apologetic as to being late.

Another company that I used a few years ago was Two Brothers Moving. No complaints with them either, but it's been about 4 years since I've used them, so I can't really recall what their prices were like.

Back