Mother's Day Brunch/Lunch

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1241228419]Yes. At your own place with you doing the cooking. ;-) Everywhere else is too crowded.</blockquote>

Let's change that to "someone else doing the cooking" or "someone else picking up food". Please don't cook on Mother's Day, we need to draw a line in the sand somewhere. I do have to agree that going out really sucks for any of these Hallmark holidays, it's just not worth it.

[quote author="tmare" date=1241229125][quote author="SoCal78" date=1241228419]Yes. At your own place with you doing the cooking. ;-) Everywhere else is too crowded.</blockquote>

Let's change that to "someone else doing the cooking" or "someone else picking up food". Please don't cook on Mother's Day, we need to draw a line in the sand somewhere. I do have to agree that going out really sucks for any of these Hallmark holidays, it's just not worth it.</blockquote>

We're on the same page. I thought fumbling was a man asking for advice so I suggest he does the cooking. ;-) Oh, and the clean-up!

What do you want for Mother's Day, tmare? I don't want any gifts. Just a nap.

A nap and maybe an hour or two to use my birthday massage gift certificates that were received five months ago.

I was hesitant to share my secret Mothers Day Brunch local, but here you go:

<a href="http://www.uclub.uci.edu/menus/Mothers_Day_Champagne_Brunch-Menu.php">UCI University Club</a>

It has come up in price over the years, but the food is great, there is live entertainment and my Mother-In-Law loves it. Just be sure to ask for a table in the main dining hall so you can hear the music. You don't have to be a UCI employee to eat there.

[quote author="tmare" date=1241241372]A nap and maybe an hour or two to use my birthday massage gift certificates that were received five months ago.</blockquote>

You know, I never took naps in my adult life, but off late, I crave them. Want a peaceful afternoon where someone takes over the house and kids and let me be.. just alone:)

I need to get a hair cut+ hair straightening done, and haven't had the time.. Hopefully on Mother's day DH doesn't have to work.

Back